According to 985 the sports hub Lucic Questioned By Police In Verbal Incident with girlfriend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

According to 985 the sports hub Lucic Questioned By Police In Verbal Incident with girlfriend

Just heard on the radio looch was questioned by boston police after a verbal incident with his girlfriend this weekend in the North End. The person reporting it said he talked to the police and will not be charged. Maybe she got a little jelous about all the women throwing them selfs at him?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: According to 985 the sports hub Lucic Questioned By Police In Verbal Incident with girlfriend

In Response to According to 985 the sports hub Lucic Questioned By Police In Verbal Incident with girlfriend:
    [QUOTE]Just heard on the radio looch was questioned by boston police after a verbal incident with his girlfriend this weekend in the North End. The person reporting it said he talked to the police and will not be charged. Maybe she got a little jelous about all the women throwing them selfs at him?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Two minutes for arguing with the girlfriend. At least he didn't pull an Avery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: According to 985 the sports hub Lucic Questioned By Police In Verbal Incident with girlfriend

When I was in college, my roommate got into an argument with his  girlfriend.  She was upset because he was coming home late from work too many nights. (The truth was that he was working overtime to buy her a ring.) 

She was screaming and yelling, accusing him of everything under the sun.  The people downstairs called the cops.  He was questioned.  Then they left.

My point?  This is a total non-story.  The guy was arguing with his girlfriend.  It happens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

http://bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1363964&position=0

Ah Lucic. The old " Do you know who I am?"

I love the guy as a player but that quote to the police bothers me more then the apparent verbal arguement with his girlfriend. Couple's will argue but saying that to police is very childish & egotistical.

Don't let the press clippings go to your head Milan. Grow the heck up. He is the face of the franchise. I don't remember hearing any negative stories like this from Ray Bourque who was the face of the franchise for 20 yrs. Hopefully this is not the start of a pattern here for this guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Lucic's comment was OK for a guy who is well known. Obviously the officer[s] were either rookies or obtuse. Plus the reporter was looking to stir up controversy. As NAS saID ' NOTHING TO IT".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Don't get drunk and scream at your girlfriend. It's bad form. Especially when it's in public and/or the cops get involved.

Sadly, things like this is nothing out of the ordinary as far as "events involving young twenty-somethings and alcohol" is concerned, so i don't think it's too big a deal in the grand scheme of things. Nobody got hurt, and he didn't slap his girlfriend around. But when you're a high profile athlete, you have to be better than this, since drunken screaming matches that end up with you (allegedly) throwing shoes get the attention of the media (and can reflect poorly on the organization, as unfair as that may be).

Hopefully this isn't typical for Milan. Either way, hopefully it's a learning experience for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: According to 985 the sports hub Lucic Questioned By Police In Verbal Incident with girlfriend:
    [QUOTE]http://bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1363964&position=0 Ah Lucic. The old " Do you know who I am?" I love the guy as a player but that quote to the police bothers me more then the apparent verbal arguement with his girlfriend. Couple's will argue but saying that to police is very childish & egotistical. Don't let the press clippings go to your head Milan. Grow the heck up. He is the face of the franchise. I don't remember hearing any negative stories like this from Ray Bourque who was the face of the franchise for 20 yrs. Hopefully this is not the start of a pattern here for this guy.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

I agree with you except for the comment that Lucic is the face of the franchise. That honor goes to Chara, Bergeron, or Thomas ...or all three, not Looch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

People argue, whoop-dee-doo.  Even a screaming match isnt a big deal.  Now, if you come from a family where NOBODY said a word above a whisper (like my wife), you might have a hard time understanding where someone like myself comes from (if you DIDNT yell, you didnt get heard).  This is a total non story and seems more like pot-stirring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

OMG trade Lucic and Marchand they get drunk way too much!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The Media Microscope will get lots of work in the next few months.

WARNING:
    Prolonged usage of the microscope may cause irreversible vision damage to media members and may cause dizziness and nausea to media consumers. These conditions generally lead to apathy on the subject matter and subject participants.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

At least Milan could have offered the cops a billion dollars like Eddie Belfour did. I think Eddie wanted to cut them a cheque though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: According to 985 the sports hub Lucic Questioned By Police In Verbal Incident with girlfriend:
    [QUOTE]Lucic's comment was OK for a guy who is well known. Obviously the officer[s] were either rookies or obtuse. Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

1- it is NOT an "OK comment."

2- Blaming the cops is a very sad way to look at it.

I agree its a non-story and not important, but the fact he's a very public figure puts him in a different place than most people having public arguments. Hopefully he grows up a bit and learns something.

However, the attitude that celebrities are better than the police is a sad perspective.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not newsworthy, pretty sure everyone here has gotten into an argument with their spouse, and as far as what was said, the Inside Track is a gossip column. Take it for what it's worth. If this is the biggest off the ice issue the bruins encounter after winning a Cup, especially this day in age, like I said, not even newsworthy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

This isn't behavior to be proud of, but fortunately, I don't think it's consistent with Milan's character. He's young, it was late, he was drinking, it was an emotional situation...not to make excuses, but from everything I've read and heard about #17 (interviews etc), I don't think he's a bad guy. He's young, made an error, is probably smart enough to know that this isn't acceptable, and we'll probably never hear about this sort of thing form Lucic's corner again.

Go easy on him, folks. He's 23 and made a mistake. I wasn't perfect at that age either, but luckily didn't have to live in the public eye.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Lucic's comment was OK for a guy who is well known. Obviously the officer[s] were either rookies or obtuse. Plus the reporter was looking to stir up controversy. As NAS saID ' NOTHING TO IT".
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

It's okay to slam your phone on the ground and pout to a cop if you are famous?!? Not im world it isn't, I know some cops can act out of line, but after a confrontation with his girlfriend, I would've been much more dismissive of this report if the article had cited a contrite Lucic.  I'm not putting him in Corvo's class of players I wish weren't here but my opinion of him today is slightly lower then it was yesterday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Seems like a non-story.

Although I agree with Newfie, using the old "Do you know who I am?" is the most offensive thing about it.  You're better than that Looch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

It's all good, except for the "do you know who I am" comment.  Jeez I hate it when athletes somehow think they are above the rest of us.  What possible difference does he think it makes that he's Milan Lucic?  The officers are gong to say "well in that case, have a nice day"?  The ego train better stop at training camp or this is could be a lonnnnng season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Meh. I don't care. Who knows if that's how it actually went down, you never know the cop could have asked for ID and THEN he could have said "do you know who I am?"

Even if he did say it in that context... who gives a s hit. Cops need to spend time on actual important things not worrying about an argument that a couple had. I mean if there was evidence of abuse then by all means sit there and question him. But it was said there clearly wasn't any evidence, so just move along.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Meh. I don't care. Who knows if that's how it actually went down, you never know the cop could have asked for ID and THEN he could have said "do you know who I am?" Even if he did say it in that context... who gives a s hit. Cops need to spend time on actual important things not worrying about an argument that a couple had. I mean if there was evidence of abuse then by all means sit there and question him. But it was said there clearly wasn't any evidence, so just move along.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

I hate uneducated comments like this "Cops need to spend time on actual important things not worrying about an argument that couple had"

Do you think the cop drove around looking for people arguing or do you think someone called the police to report the argument? Do you think he has to respond to the call? Don't you think it is his job to respond, identify the parties involved, and figure out what happened? It's called his job.

You need to stop worrying about how other people do their jobs, and stop commenting on stuff you are uneducated about.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to 985 the sports hub Lucic Questioned By Police In Verbal Incident with girlfriend : I hate uneducated comments like this "Cops need to spend time on actual important things not worrying about an argument that couple had" Do you think the cop drove around looking for people arguing or do you think someone called the police to report the argument? Do you think he has to respond to the call? Don't you think it is his job to respond, identify the parties involved, and figure out what happened? It's called his job. You need to stop worrying about how other people do their jobs, and stop commenting on stuff you are uneducated about.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Or maybe I'm tired of watching cops sit in their cars in construction sites getting paid double time for doing nothing?

Or maybe I think that it really didn't require that someone go to his house and further question something that seemed to have been resolved granted they were... at his house?

I wonder how many other calls there were that night? Perhaps that could have taken priority to following up on this call?

And do you honestly think that it would suprise me if a cop DID do that? Absolutely not. Cops DO go around LOOKING for people causing problems.

Maybe I just have more a negative view towards law enforcement. But I'm not going to say that any of my opinions are "uneducated."

And perhaps you shouldn't worrying about other people's opinions granted that you're undecuted about their experiences and their knowledge as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to 985 the sports hub Lucic Questioned By Police In Verbal Incident with girlfriend : Or maybe I'm tired of watching cops sit in their cars in construction sites getting paid double time for doing nothing? Or maybe I think that it really didn't require that someone go to his house and further question something that seemed to have been resolved granted they were... at his house? I wonder how many other calls there were that night? Perhaps that could have taken priority to following up on this call? And do you honestly think that it would suprise me if a cop DID do that? Absolutely not. Cops DO go around LOOKING for people causing problems. Maybe I just have more a negative view towards law enforcement. But I'm not going to say that any of my opinions are "uneducated." And perhaps you should worrying about other people's opinions granted that you're undecuted about their experiences and their knowledge as well.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    That's gold Jerry........gold!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Do you know how many people are killed in domestic disputes each year?  You sound like a moron, on top of sounding uneducated.  And yes, you sound like someone who has a negative view of law enforcement in general, but I bet anything youd be happy if they helped you or a loved one out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I never said they shouldn't question him about it. According to how I read it they continued questioning him after it was established that everything was all copacetic.