Acquisitions since The Cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Acquisitions since The Cup

In order to stay competitive in this league, a team must stay up to date and make moves to constantly improve the club.

Here's a list of guys who, not including draft picks, have joined the team:

1. Joe Corvo

2.  Benoit Pouliot

3.  Aaron Johnson

4.  Garnet Exelby

5.  Niklas Svedberg

6.  Marty Turco

7.  Brian Rolston

8.  Mike Mottau

9.  Greg Zanon

10.  Torey Krug

11.  Chris Bourque

12.  Pandopho

13.  Kaspars Daugavins

Wow, is that an ugly list.  I reads like a good AHL team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Acquisitions since The Cup

You're such a drama queen. It's doesn't read like a good AHL team. C'mon now.

It reads like a medicore AHL team.

Scary list there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ouch. Thats a tough read.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You forgot Krug ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Deleted from that list is a player big-time responsible for the Bruins winning that Cup ... Tim Thomas. Such talent has not been replaced.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

You forgot Krug ;)

Fixed!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

and it gets worse....

14. Dale Arnold

15. Mark Mowers

16. Billy Jaffe

17. Dan Duquette Jr.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In order to stay competitive in this league, a team must stay up to date and make moves to constantly improve the club.

1. Joe Corvo

2.  Benoit Pouliot

3.  Aaron Johnson

4.  Garnet Exelby

5.  Nilas Svedberg

6.  Marty Turco

7.  Brian Rolston

8.  Mike Mottau

9.  Greg Zanon

10.  Torey Krug

11.  Chris Bourque

12.  Pandopho

13.  Kaspars Daugavins

Be interesting to see what he can do when he gets a chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

1. Joe Corvo

2.  Benoit Pouliot

3.  Aaron Johnson

4.  Garnet Exelby

5.  Nilas Svedberg

6.  Marty Turco

7.  Brian Rolston

8.  Mike Mottau

9.  Greg Zanon

10.  Torey Krug

11.  Chris Bourque

12.  Pandopho

13.  Kaspars Daugavins

Is Nilas Svedberg related to Niklas Svedberg?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Is Nilas Svedberg related to Niklas Svedberg?

Fixed!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Habs signing of Prust is better than any five of those moves combined!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Combine that list (though Krug and Svedberg have serious potential) with the fact that the B's can't get out of their own way in the draft (Lucic implored them to draft his Junior teammate Brandan Gallagher in 2010 but in his infinite wisdom Chia chose Craig "I'm loving the AHL" Cunningham). We all know who drafted Gallagher 40 picks later, and what he's already done to the B's. Seriously, other than Looch and MARCHMANT, who have the B's drafted lately who looks like an NHLer (except may Malcolm the Great)?? Seguin doesn't count, he was a given. Montreal is made up of 12 draft picks, for example. We need a change of management here, as the B's apparently decided 1 cup was enough, let's hold onto our cash now and get ur 8 bucks a beer. Come on Cam, get us some third line help. Take the phone from Chia. He's still in Lala land after being schooled by Feester and Shero. And I'm sick of rolling 4 lines. Segs and March should be playing 20 minutes a game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

How about the opposite list - the guys they've lost.

That list might make me happier

here's the partial

Joe Corvo

Benoit Pouliot

Marty Turco

Brian Rolston

Mike Mottau

Greg Zanon

aaah!  so much better!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Err...OEC...Lucic pushed for Cunningham.

Lucic never played with Gallagher.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yeh , but there are some untouchables in the AHL who have some NHL experience still in the system. Just can't afford to lose guys like that. I mean what happens if a Johnson or Pandolfo goes down? You don't want to mortgage the future. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Combine that list (though Krug and Svedberg have serious potential) with the fact that the B's can't get out of their own way in the draft (Lucic implored them to draft his Junior teammate Brandan Gallagher in 2010 but in his infinite wisdom Chia chose Craig "I'm loving the AHL" Cunningham). We all know who drafted Gallagher 40 picks later, and what he's already done to the B's. Seriously, other than Looch and MARCHMANT, who have the B's drafted lately who looks like an NHLer (except may Malcolm the Great)?? Seguin doesn't count, he was a given. Montreal is made up of 12 draft picks, for example. We need a change of management here, as the B's apparently decided 1 cup was enough, let's hold onto our cash now and get ur 8 bucks a beer. Come on Cam, get us some third line help. Take the phone from Chia. He's still in Lala land after being schooled by Feester and Shero. And I'm sick of rolling 4 lines. Segs and March should be playing 20 minutes a game.

a change of management? really? i petition you be banished from this board. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

a change of management? really? i petition you be banished from this board. 

there's over reaction to the Iginla think and then there's tie a noose around your neck, set yourself on fire and jump off a bridge over reaction.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

*Wicked stupid stuff deleted*

And I'm sick of rolling 4 lines. Segs and March should be playing 20 minutes a game.

I fully agree with this.  Too much ice time for sh!tty players, high quality guys "resting".  They're young, in incredible shape and ready to go.  Stop limiting them.  Limit Horton/Krejci/Fat.  Play Marchand/Seguin/Bergeron way more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

He's asking Cam to "go get some third line help." Enough said.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Err...OEC...Lucic pushed for Cunningham.

Lucic never played with Gallagher.

I think he is going off of how Pierre MaGuire said Lucic and Gallagher train together in the off-season and Lucic pushed hard for the Bruins to get him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"let's hold onto our cash now and get ur 8 bucks a beer."

Sums up some of the research by the poster :facepalm

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Indeed, a bad list. Just thinking though, since the cup win , how many open spots ( and where in the lineup ) have there been ?

PC has kept the top end of his lineup intact from the Stanley Cup winning team therefore the who's who of names acquired. Since then, how many teams in the league have not had a revolving door of mediocre players on the back end of their lineup ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

So the list is a result of Chiarelli being reluctant or thinking there's no need to alter a championship roster? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In defence of PC....Joe Corvo , Greg Zannon were fill in to add depth for the playoffs.

Mottau was a throw in for the Rolston trade for Yannick R. Again, Rolston a decent fill in for the playoffs.

Turrco again a decent fill in for depleted team making points to get a good run in the playoffs.

Benoit Pouliot was a good pick up for 1 mill/ 1yr. Some Bruin fans wanted the Bruins to resign him. He did a good enough job.

Aaron Johnson, a journeyman defenceman, signed a two contract, knowing that he was going to be playing for both AHL and NHL teams. And as injuries proved, his depth was needed in the last little bit.

Chris Bourque was someone that got traded because that club would take Zach Hamil.

Pandofil, again a pick up because of injury and a more rounded player than Bourque

Torey Krug was an undrafted University pickup. No cost there.

Niklas Svedberg is a great undrafted pickup

Garnet Exelby was a free agent signing for Providence, has played 44 games for the Baby B's.

Kaspars Daugavins sure didn't cost the Bruins anything and if nothing else will be good for the Baby B's

To me. Looking at the trades PC has made, shows he's being very prudent in his moves, not making any big shake up trades and risk destroying any chemistry the Bruins have.

It also shows that the Bruins, all around, have a pretty solid club, where "big trades" for the sake of big trades, haven't being necessary.

Here it is again. Another trade deadline and the Bruins still find them selves about 1 player short of a balanced club. That's with all defencemen going into the playoffs healthy and our goaltenders playing sharp.

All in all, I don't think PC has done that bad of a job. Let's see who he brings in this trade deadline. I'm really hoping it's Martin St.Louis. That guy knows how to put a puck in the net.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's a good take on it, Stuke.  Certainly an optimistic point of view.

My point of view is:  In general, those guys all stink.  (Svedberg may not.)

Sections
Shortcuts