Acquisitions since The Cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Acquisitions since The Cup

Honestly, I think it reflects PC's conservative approach.

Bartkowski Koko and a 1st is a pretty hefty price tag for 16 games.

There is a part of me that is glad that it didn't happen, and of course time will tell on this.  Should Koko become a regular 20 goal scorer as well he might, 5 years from now we can post that he was almost traded for Iginla.

But by then, no one will care anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

There is a part of me that is glad that it didn't happen, and of course time will tell on this.  Should Koko become a regular 20 goal scorer as well he might, 5 years from now we can post that he was almost traded for Iginla.

I totally agree BadHab ! I for one didn't want to see Jarome here, after watching him play a lot on Sportsnet West. He seems to play when he wants to play. I guess that would happen to any good player that played for that Flame team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

PC has resigned many of the Top 6 at reasonable cost as well.  Looking at what the Islanders just spent on Lubimor, some credit must be given to locking in guys like Bergeron at around 5 mill per when other teams would be locking in similar or worse players for a heck of a lot more.  The unfortunate thing about the list is that none of those guys even remotely challenged the Top 6 Forwards or Top 4 D.  You would hope to have at least one of these guys would stick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

I totally agree BadHab ! I for one didn't want to see Jarome here, after watching him play a lot on Sportsnet West. He seems to play when he wants to play. I guess that would happen to any good player that played for that Flame team.

Stuke, not that I'd complain if the Bruins landed him but my choice would've been Cammalleri of the two.  A puck hound and can score. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Stuke, not that I'd complain if the Bruins landed him but my choice would've been Cammalleri of the two.  A puck hound and can score. 

You know what Rich Hill ?  Yes !  Either one. Someone that knows how to put the puck in the net.

Either Cammalleri or St.Louis with Krejic. And move Lucic to the 3rd line. Cammalleri or St.Louis would pick up the PP with Bergeron as well.

It appears to me that Horton has not being the same player since coming back from his concussion. I wonder if his time is up in Boston as well ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It appears to me that Horton has not being the same player since coming back from his concussion. I wonder if his time is up in Boston as well ?

Horton has provided absolutely no reason for PC to want to re-sign him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

With Pandolfo ..we are in business......no kidding my friends here in Montreal keep laughing at me ..saying if Pandolfo plays on a regular basis with the Bruins..you guys are in trouble ...

Halpern is 10 times better than Pandolfo ....I am 57 and I swear I skate faster than Pandolfo ..what is it with the Bruins and the oldies ???    PC. CAM WAKE UP 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

With Pandolfo ..we are in business......no kidding my friends here in Montreal keep laughing at me ..saying if Pandolfo plays on a regular basis with the Bruins..you guys are in trouble ...

Halpern is 10 times better than Pandolfo ....I am 57 and I swear I skate faster than Pandolfo ..what is it with the Bruins and the oldies ???    PC. CAM WAKE UP 

A year ago you were 58. Do the numbers go down in Montreal as you get older ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Not that he deserves material blame, but Pandopho can't play anymore.  I think Thornton might actually be better than him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

You know what Rich Hill ?  Yes !  Either one. Someone that knows how to put the puck in the net.

Either Cammalleri or St.Louis with Krejic. And move Lucic to the 3rd line. Cammalleri or St.Louis would pick up the PP with Bergeron as well.

He hasn't, Stuke.  Seems that injury has taken a lot out of him.  I'm still pulling for him to regain his form with the Bruins and not elsewhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Don't you guys remember Cammalleri in Montreal?  He was very average at his best.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think it's safe to say Chiarelli is in a slump.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I think it's safe to say Chiarelli is in a slump.-Kelvana

I agree Mitch and Kelvana. He's been in a slump since he said to himself who needs Ryder? We have tons of young kids to take his place. Well PC, We're still waiting! Ryder has more goals than the 3rd and 4th lines combined just about. And more goals than Krecji and Looch PUT TOGETHER! Some say he doesn't try all the time. But I'd rather that than someone who tries like heck but just can't do it! (see Chris Bourque, Chris Kelley, Rich Pevs, Pandolfo, Caron, yada yada). Trust me, he tries at playoff time! 

That being said, PC is a very pedestrian GM who can't seem to close deals lately, and overestimates talent and what players have left in the tank (hello Rolston, Kaberle, Motteau, and Pandolfo, and now Pevs and Kelley who were basically 1 year wonders). Generally he's traded away or given up on much more than he's gotten (Wheeler, Stewart, Ryder, Pouliot, high pick to Toronto for Kabs, etc) Seguin aside. My opinion of course, but I think I have lots of evidence to back it up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

And don't forget the Kaberle trade. That was a total winner too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The way I see it PC's poor judgement precedes the Bs Cup victory in 2011. EVERYTHING since then has just been cheap embarrassing fix ups. I'll  betthe hand of Jacobs isn't far behind.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Do you guys remember when PC had a deal for Iginla? 

Look, the team is playing horribly now, let's be thankful the playoffs don't start tomorrow.  If the Krejci line can't produce, it will be a short run.  If they can, they can go deep. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The way I see it PC's poor judgement precedes the Bs Cup victory in 2011."

Nothing that PC did leading up to the 2011 Stanley Cup was any good i'm supposed to believe. The Bruins go on a bad streak and the trolls pop up.

Thanks for stopping by Canucklehead, Shab and Loaf fans!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Thats a really bad list. wow.

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In order to stay competitive in this league, a team must stay up to date and make moves to constantly improve the club.

Here's a list of guys who, not including draft picks, have joined the team:

1. Joe Corvo

2.  Benoit Pouliot

3.  Aaron Johnson

4.  Garnet Exelby

5.  Niklas Svedberg

6.  Marty Turco

7.  Brian Rolston

8.  Mike Mottau

9.  Greg Zanon

10.  Torey Krug

11.  Chris Bourque

12.  Pandopho

13.  Kaspars Daugavins

Wow, is that an ugly list.  I reads like a good AHL team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

This post Lockout schedule has been brutal! For everyone! You're left to wonder how these guys can do it! This Bruins team was lucky, early on, to lose very few man-games to injury - enjoying a lot of time off between games - and prospering for it. Then the schedule got crazy (Feb 18th-ish?). And crazy continues; games every other night that only increase in intensity and importance - and this is all before the 40,000 watt blow torch of the Playoffs is switched on!

If Chiarelli has been guilty of anything here, I think it is that he has not kept ahead of the threats posed by his schedule; the threats of injury, fatigue, even complacency.

He has not adhered to the old  adage; 'that you hope for the best but plan for the worst'.

Never one to build from strength. or strike when the iron is hot, Chiarelli has always seemed a little too content to wait til things get untenable, for when his leverage is at its nadir.. You can't say the same about his chief Conference rivals this year; Montreal was already going great when they switched out Cole for Ryder and were still going great when they saw that they weren't winning many face-offs and added Halpern. The strong got stronger.

Same could be said for the Penguins; super strong but still looking and dealing and again, from strength; Morrow, Murray - all before Iginla - and not for the Playoffs necessarily, more in the name of addressing small needs now. Malkin goes down, not a hiccup. Letang? Same.

I find it fairly revelatory to remember back to Chris Kelly's injury - the first real serious and long term blow to the team of the Season - I remember at the time (even tho he wasn't exactly lighting it up) how it felt...like a bit of a torpedo midships, like the Bruins weren't ready to absorb even one serious injury. One dog's bark stops the wagon.

Now the Bruins look hobbled and tired. Chiarelli has little to no depth to address it and everyone in the League knows it.  Julien can't give anyone a break and can't afford even one more injury, a precarious position to be in. Chara is logging huge minutes, Claude is rolling 4 lines (giving too many mediocre players too many minutes with the mandate, 'just don't make a mistake') because he has to.

Chiarelli, as good as his team was playing, as invincible as they once looked (hard to believe now), should've resisted the temptation toward self-satisfaction. Perhaps he should've been trying to hit a few singles, all along - even when it seemed that they would never lose and everyone in the League was blowing smoke up their azzes - instead of waiting to take these huge and predictable public swings for the fences.

Now, it seems that he's running out of leverage and time, the Regular Season can't end fast enough.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

This post Lockout schedule has been brutal! For everyone! You're left to wonder how these guys can do it! This Bruins team was lucky, early on, to lose very few man-games to injury - enjoying a lot of time off between games - and prospering for it. Then the schedule got crazy (Feb 18th-ish?). And crazy continues; games every other night that only increase in intensity and importance - and this is all before the 40,000 watt blow torch of the Playoffs is switched on!

If Chiarelli has been guilty of anything here, I think it is that he has not kept ahead of the threats posed by his schedule; the threats of injury, fatigue, even complacency.

He has not adhered to the old  adage; 'that you hope for the best but plan for the worst'.

Never one to build from strength. or strike when the iron is hot, Chiarelli has always seemed a little too content to wait til things get untenable, for when his leverage is at its nadir.. You can't say the same about his chief Conference rivals this year; Montreal was already going great when they switched out Cole for Ryder and were still going great when they saw that they weren't winning many face-offs and added Halpern. The strong got stronger.

Same could be said for the Penguins; super strong but still looking and dealing and again, from strength; Morrow, Murray - all before Iginla - and not for the Playoffs necessarily, more in the name of addressing small needs now. Malkin goes down, not a hiccup. Letang? Same.

I find it fairly revelatory to remember back to Chris Kelly's injury - the first real serious and long term blow to the team of the Season - I remember at the time (even tho he wasn't exactly lighting it up) how it felt...like a bit of a torpedo midships, like the Bruins weren't ready to absorb even one serious injury. One dog's bark stops the wagon.

Now the Bruins look hobbled and tired. Chiarelli has little to no depth to address it and everyone in the League knows it.  Julien can't give anyone a break and can't afford even one more injury, a precarious position to be in. Chara is logging huge minutes, Claude is rolling 4 lines (giving too many mediocre players too many minutes with the mandate, 'just don't make a mistake') because he has to.

Chiarelli, as good as his team was playing, as invincible as they once looked (hard to believe now), should've resisted the temptation toward self-satisfaction. Perhaps he should've been trying to hit a few singles, all along - even when it seemed that they would never lose and everyone in the League was blowing smoke up their azzes - instead of waiting to take these huge and predictable public swings for the fences.

Now, it seems that he's running out of leverage and time, the Regular Season can't end fast enough.

Great Post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Picking up Peverley, Kelly, and Kaberle in 2011 ended up in Cup run.  

Kaberle did nothing, that much was obvious.  Pevs and Kelly had a guy by the name of RECCHI.  Also, a guy named SEGUIN was NOT supposed to be on the playoff roster, but ignited them with a key goal.

It's not an exact science.  In 2011 they came up 1 goal ahead of the Habs in Game 7 OT.  In 2012 they came up 1 goal short in Game 7 against the Caps.

All I know is tha Pandolfo has played 1 game too many; Caron is a bust; and the depth replacing injuries is nothing to get excited about.  Not to mention the chronic inconsistency of Horton.

The same RECCHI everybody wanted benched ,off the PP and said was washed up. YA  I remember him. Pandolfo stinks , Caron to, we all know that. Most games in the NHL playoffs are decided by one or two goals you win them u move on u dont u get eliminated. Lets see what PC does April 3. Who do u want them to try to pick up. Peverley and Kelly had big goals in that series against Montreal were great on face offs helped PK.Yes Kaberle did nothing but everybody including myself wanted him. Oh PC got to get Kaberle puck moving defenseman for the PP that's all I heard. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

In order to stay competitive in this league, a team must stay up to date and make moves to constantly improve the club.

Here's a list of guys who, not including draft picks, have joined the team:

1. Joe Corvo

2.  Benoit Pouliot

3.  Aaron Johnson

4.  Garnet Exelby

5.  Niklas Svedberg

6.  Marty Turco

7.  Brian Rolston

8.  Mike Mottau

9.  Greg Zanon

10.  Torey Krug

11.  Chris Bourque

12.  Pandopho

13.  Kaspars Daugavins

Wow, is that an ugly list.  I reads like a good AHL team.

spooky.... window dressing, no substance behind any of them

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Don't you guys remember Cammalleri in Montreal?  He was very average at his best.

He was.  In the handful of Calgary games I've seen so far this year, usually as the back half of HNIC double-headers, he's been one of the Flames that consistently has any giddyup.  I get what you're saying though.  The Flabitants signed him in 08/09 coming off his 39 goal, 82 point season with LA probably expecting similar production. 

In his first year in Montreal he had 26 goals and 24 assists.  He dipped to 19 goals, 28 assists in 2010/11.  I was thinking of him as a viable upgrade to what presently constitutes the third line.  Mind you, a $6 million upgrade.