Adam Kaufman, you must be called out for your bad journalism

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Adam Kaufman, you must be called out for your bad journalism

http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/columnists/kaufman/2013/05/bruins_must_pay_tuukka_rask.html

Horrible. Oh, Tuukka is good, Rinne is good, they're both big and finnish, they should both get similar contracts. No research. Didn't care to look at age, seasons in the league, UFA vs RFA status, nothing. The globe doesn't need another horrible hockey writer pretending to know what he's talking about because that's how it works in football. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Adam Kaufman, you must be called out for your bad journalism

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/columnists/kaufman/2013/05/bruins_must_pay_tuukka_rask.html

Horrible. Oh, Tuukka is good, Rinne is good, they're both big and finnish, they should both get similar contracts. No research. Didn't care to look at age, seasons in the league, UFA vs RFA status, nothing. The globe doesn't need another horrible hockey writer pretending to know what he's talking about because that's how it works in football. 

I could do a much better job ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

In the midst of playoffs? Great timing.

Another "look at me" atricle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Stan, your plate is already full, hows the Lucic,Chara,Krejci trade going? Are the Ducks going to throw in a 2nd round pick?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"The two most significant statistics to measure a goaltender’s worth are save percentage and goals-against average. Since Rask entered the NHL in 2007-08, not a single goalie with at least 100 games played ranks higher than the thin Fin in either category. No matter what the Eye Test says, he’s been the best in the entire league.

Rask’s career save percentage is .927, while he has a 2.15 GAA. He has a record of 66-45-16 with 16 shutouts in 138 games.

For point of reference, the 30-year-old Rinne – he of huge wallet fame – became a full-timer in 2008-09 and he’s appeared in 293 career games with a 153-88-34 record and 30 whitewashes. However, his save percentage is .920 and he sports a 2.36 GAA."

Looks like a lot of research was done.  What's incorrect?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

"The two most significant statistics to measure a goaltender’s worth are save percentage and goals-against average. Since Rask entered the NHL in 2007-08, not a single goalie with at least 100 games played ranks higher than the thin Fin in either category. No matter what the Eye Test says, he’s been the bestin the entire league.

Rask’s career save percentage is .927, while he has a 2.15 GAA. He has a record of 66-45-16 with 16 shutouts in 138 games.

For point of reference, the 30-year-old Rinne – he of huge wallet fame – became a full-timer in 2008-09 and he’s appeared in 293 career games with a 153-88-34 record and 30 whitewashes. However, his save percentage is .920 and he sports a 2.36 GAA."

Looks like a lot of research was done.  What's incorrect?

he links tuukka to all these goalies that have signed big deals before coming a UFA, having been a starter for multiple seasons, and having either won, or been a finalist for the vezina. i guess i just don't think tuukka can be compared to these guys for purposes of contract negotations 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"Since Rask entered the NHL in 2007-08, not a single goalie with at least 100 games played ranks higher than the thin Fin in either category."

The guy is a world class talent.  He's going to get paid a lot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I didn't see anything wrong with the article.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised by the numbers he threw out for Tuukka (6 years/40 million=6.6 per year). While it would be a little more steep than I would hope for, if he can make a Cup run? Absolutely. If he chokes, that number comes way down. It all depends on what he does from this point forward in the playoffs, but those numbers are not out of the realm of possibility.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A look at Tampa shows how far a team can go with lots of talent up front, lots of talent on defense, and poor goaltending.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

I didn't see anything wrong with the article.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised by the numbers he threw out for Tuukka (6 years/40 million=6.6 per year). While it would be a little more steep than I would hope for, if he can make a Cup run? Absolutely. If he chokes, that number comes way down. It all depends on what he does from this point forward in the playoffs, but those numbers are not out of the realm of possibility.

I totally agree with your take on the situation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Tuukka will get paid and derserves it.  The TT playoff run litmus test is an unfair measure as it was one of the best ever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Stan, your plate is already full, hows the Lucic,Chara,Krejci trade going? Are the Ducks going to throw in a 2nd round pick?

Wont work with them if they pass 1st round ...but Corey Perry has been invisible ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

And by the way u got this wrong ...it was Chara, Looch, Rask and Pev ....maybe we could get some interesting package from TB including Steve Stamkos..another team that could be interesting would be St-Louis...I am thinking about a package that would include  TJ Oshie, David Backes , and Tarasenko

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

And by the way u got this wrong ...it was Chara, Looch, Rask and Pev ....maybe we could get some interesting package from TB including Steve Stamkos..another team that could be interesting would be St-Louis...I am thinking about a package that would include  TJ Oshie, David Backes , and Tarasenko

For Chara,Looch,Rask & Pev? They better throw in Halak as we would need a backup for Khudo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I thought it was one of Adams better written articles. I think as of right now barring another collaspe Rask has certainly moved ahead of Carey Price. And he's making over 6. So, the article is bang on the money.