Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC

Couturier is excactly who PC and CJ want. This is their kind of guy -- big, defensively solid, offensively competent.  We all know it. This isn't my endorsement, but just how I see it. I also feel that if this is the case, there might be a lot of pressure on Bergy in the next few years to really step it up. From what I've read and seen, Couturier is a rich man's Patrice Bergeron.

This year's draft is going to be interesting. There is no clear-cut favorite, at least as of yet. There are a number of interesting talents at the top, each with his own unique strengths and weaknesses. Scouting is going to be HUGE for the teams that get to pick in the top 5 and the B's should be in that group.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

DC,
    Neely stated yesterday this draft was weak, a couple good players at the top, but not what you saw last year, but a deep draft with defensemen, at this point, thats the bruins biggest need in prospects as well i would expect them to go that route, and maybe draft a goalie unless someone really stands out or "falls" to them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC:
    [QUOTE]Couturier is excactly who PC and CJ want. This is their kind of guy -- big, defensively solid, offensively competent.  We all know it. This isn't my endorsement, but just how I see it. I also feel that if this is the case, there might be a lot of pressure on Bergy in the next few years to really step it up. From what I've read and seen, Couturier is a rich man's Patrice Bergeron. This year's draft is going to be interesting. There is no clear-cut favorite, at least as of yet. There are a number of interesting talents at the top, each with his own unique strengths and weaknesses. Scouting is going to be HUGE for the teams that get to pick in the top 5 and the B's should be in that group.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    ^This. Their top 2 targets, IMO, are Couturier and Larsson. SC, AL and GL would all fit Boston well. RNH, despite being very talented, would not be a very good fit here.

As for the poster above me, it is weak, yes, but the top 4 prospects will be VERY good NHL players. Couturier would have gone top 5 in last year's draft. Larsson would probly have been the 2nd d-man drafted last year, and Landeskog would have been around #10. RNH would probly go in the back-end of the top 10 as well.

I will tell you this though, SC would put up better numbers in his rookie year as a Bruin than Seguin will this year. He's FAR, FAR better defensively and has more size to bang people around and fight for the loose puck, all of which fits CJ's style better. Will he be a better player than Seguin in his prime and overall? Probly not. Seguin will be a top 10 player in his prime, but Couturier will be a top 20 or so player when he reaches his prime.

From what I've read and seen, Couturier is a rich man's Patrice Bergeron.
    He's similar to both Staal and Bergy defensively, which says a lot. SC is arguably the most defensively sound forward prospect in the last 5 years or so. Offensively, he's a MUCH more skilled Jordan Staal/Bergy. If I had to guess, in his prime, he'd be a 25-30 goal scorer and reach about 80 points. He's as well-rounded of a prospect, many believe, since Jordan Staal. He's 6'3/6'4 at around 195-200 pounds, but should fill out, in time, to about 215 pounds.

Larsson fits the Bruins style as well. A tough, physical d-man who will be a franchise-type one for years to come. He's gifted offensively, and fits an area of need of the Bruins. Do NOT expect a Johnson or Fowler type offensively, but a 6-7 goal/yr 30+ point d-man. He's rock solid on defense, has good speed for a d-man, and will grow even bigger than his current 6'2/200 frame.

Landeskog's style in some area(s) will remind a lot of people of Cam back in the day. Will he be as good of a player? Probly not. However, he's got good size at 6'1/205, is VERY physical and is not afraid to go after loose pucks down in deep in the corners. He has some Taylor Hall in him in terms of his fearlessness and bravery in regards to going after loose pucks and doing EVERYTHING he can to put the puck in the net. He's SOLID defensively, and is a very, very underrated playmaker. In his prime, expect 25-30 goal and 60+ points. Given his playmaking ability, he should have roughly the same amount of assists as goals, if not, more.

However, SC will not be a Bruin unless the B's draft first, or they trade up to snag him (which won't happen). Larsson is the wild-card here. If the Islanders draft at #2, I expect them to take Landeskog, on account of they have Tavares at Centre, drafted another Centre very high in the first round in a recent draft, and will lose their best winger, Matt Moulson (to hopefully the B's), in FA. If Edmonton drafts at #2 they'd take either Nugent-Hopkins or Adam Larsson. You could flip a coin on this one. RNH would give them the elite-playmaking centre that they finally need, but on the other hand, Edmonton's scouting department REALLY, REALLY loves Larsson. They have gone on record saying they really like this kid, and they have scouted and seen him play probly more so than any other franchise because they have drafted 2 sweedes (LO and MPS) recently who have played with Adam in both the Sweedish Elite league, or team Sweeden in the WJC. They have a big need on defense as well. Looking at their roster, the only d-man that I like is Kurtis Foster, but he's had some injury issues in the past.

If the NYI select 2nd, and we are in the 3rd slot, I'd say the B's will have a VERY good chance of selecting Adam Larsson. Likewise if the B's draft 2nd. If Edmonton drafts 2nd, while we are in the 3rd slot, or 3rd while we are in the 4th slot, it will be tough to see Larsson still be there at #3 or #4 (wherever we are slotted to pick). So, basically, if we are ahead of Edmonton in the top 4, then Larsson will likely be a Bruin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC : no question Johansen was dominant in the WJC, but that doesn't mean Larsson wasn't. In the clip you showed, it seemed like a "take the hit to make the play" type deal, he was off balance.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]
    If you're going to take the hit to make a play,in front of your own net isn't the place to do it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC : no question Johansen was dominant in the WJC, but that doesn't mean Larsson wasn't. In the clip you showed, it seemed like a "take the hit to make the play" type deal, he was off balance.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Did you get to see all of Sweden's games ? He was good . Dominant ? Too strong of a word IMO. Nope ! And it had nothing to do with the clip ! That clip was just a small sample of Johansen's play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

1) If Matt Moulson proves that he is a consistant 30 goal scorer (he's only done it once though he's on track to do it this year - barely), the Islanders will either wrap him up before he gets to FA status (they have the cap space) or trade him before the deadline.  As usual, teams get more at the deadline if the team acquiring their rentals actually intend to re-sign the guys.  Don't bank on Moulson being available.

2) You can forget about acquiring Gudbranson for anything short of what it would take to acquire a #3 overall pick - a Wheeler based deal is a non-starter.  There's no rush for Florida to sign him because there's no percentage in going back to the draft for a guy who went third overall.  He might not go that high this year; at very least, it is significantly more likely that he falls to 4,5,6,7 than that he goes ahead of Couturier or Larson. Would you trade the Toronto #1 for him?  If not, forget about it.

3) I cringe at drafting a guy named "Dressmaker" but I guess that guy "the Flower" worked out for the Shabs.

4) Larsson < Hedman from what I've seen.  Hedman controlled the play more effectively.  And no one is gameplanning around Hedman in his second year.  Maybe they will at some point, but don't expect Larsson to play a key role for the Bruins for a few years, even if they are lucky enough to draft him.  I'd be fine with that.  MyNHLDraft has him going to the Bruins right now.

5) RNH's goalscoring woes this year make me nervous.  I worry he could end up like Hamill - great playmaker who comes with the rep of a responsible game, but who isn't big enough and isn't a threat to score or take the puck to the net. 

6) Like Landeskog.  Comparing him to Neely is odd.  Alfredsson works better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, and add that Mark Stuart will not fetch a 30 goal scorer or whatever you define as an impact winger.

Similarly, Dallas would rather go into the playoffs with their best player than deal him just to avoid losing him for nothing.  Imagine how that plays.  Can you just picture Joe Nieuwendyk standing at the podium saying "yes, I know we're in first in the division and that Brad is a big reason why, but we've traded him for some Leaf cast-offs rather than lose him for nothing.  Sure, this probably all-but destroys our playoff chances, but at least we didn't lose a player for nothing!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, and add that Mark Stuart will not fetch a 30 goal scorer or whatever you define as an impact winger. Similarly, Dallas would rather go into the playoffs with their best player than deal him just to avoid losing him for nothing.  Imagine how that plays.  Can you just picture Joe Nieuwendyk standing at the podium saying "yes, I know we're in first in the division and that Brad is a big reason why, but we've traded him for some Leaf cast-offs rather than lose him for nothing.  Sure, this probably all-but destroys our playoff chances, but at least we didn't lose a player for nothing!"
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    I never said a 30+ goal winger. I said a 20+ goal winger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Landeskog - Neely

Yes I get a chuckle out of the Cam Neely comparisons . Neely was an intimidating player to play against . His hitting and fights were intangibles that set him apart from a lot of forwards back in his day. Landeskog does not shy away from the contact but is nowhere near being an intimidating hitter . And after 1 1/2 years of watching him play the only time I've seen him fight was on a recent you tube clip. That comparison isn't a good one at all IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Landeskog is no Cam Neely. He is more like a Martin Lapointe when he was decent. There has been no similiar player to Neely in a long time. Kassian if anyone could be is close. 

Couturier = rich man Bergeron = Toews

Bruins get him , Leafs will hate Burke and Kessel for a long time

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Landeskog - Neely Yes I get a chuckle out of the Cam Neely comparisons . Neely was an intimidating player to play against . His hitting and fights were intangibles that set him apart from a lot of forwards back in his day. Landeskog does not shy away from the contact but is nowhere near being an intimidating hitter . And after 1 1/2 years of watching him play the only time I've seen him fight was on a recent you tube clip. That comparison isn't a good one at all IMO.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Where did I say he was ALL Cam Neely? I said he had PART of him in his game that reminds me of him. I said likewise about the comparison in an aspect to Taylor Hall's game. Nowehere did I say he was exactly like him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC : Where did I say he was ALL Cam Neely? I said he had PART of him in his game that reminds me of him. I said likewise about the comparison in an aspect to Taylor Hall's game. Nowehere did I say he was exactly like him.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

My comments were made as a general statement. I have read this elsewhere as well. I do not see the comparison at all.

I apologize , you must have a better view of Landeskog from the state of Georgia then I have here in Ontario.

Hockguy0818's Comments
    Forum Post: >Re: Who is your favorite team besides the Red Sox? at 12/13/2010 6:57 PM EST
    If I had to say, it would be the Atlanta Braves. I go to the University of Georgia

Georgia must have an awesome selection for watching hockey around the world. Larsson ( Sweden ), Coutourier ( Quebec), Nugent-Hopkins ( Alberta ) and all the (Ontario ) players you are able to watch.

And I envy your ability to project NHL goal, assist and point totals for players who haven't even made the league yet. Truly remarkable !

P.S. If I want to read a draft report on eligible players I will wait till The Hockey News comes out . At least I'll know they'll have people who have travelled around the world to these arenas to watch them play extensively. And not from a keyboard at the University of Georgia repeating someone else's comments.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC : My comments were made as a general statement. I have read this elsewhere as well. I do not see the comparison at all. I apologize , you must have a better view of Landeskog from the state of Georgia then I have here in Ontario. Hockguy0818's Comments Forum Post: /> Re: Who is your favorite team besides the Red Sox? at 12/13/2010 6:57 PM EST If I had to say, it would be the Atlanta Braves. I go to the University of Georgia Georgia must have an awesome selection for watching hockey around the world. Larsson ( Sweden ), Coutourier ( Quebec), Nugent-Hopkins ( Alberta ) and all the (Ontario ) players you are able to watch. And I envy your ability to project NHL goal, assist and point totals for players who haven't even made the league yet. Truly remarkable !  P.S. If I want to read a draft report on eligible players I will wait till The Hockey News comes out . At least I'll know they'll have people who have travelled around the world to these arenas to watch them play extensively. And not from a keyboard at the University of Georgia repeating someone else's comments.
    Kid, I'm a freshman at UGA. I live in Kitchener and wanted to go to the US for college considering I lived in the US until I was 15. I have family that lives in Athens, hence why it's convenient for me to go to school there. My family has season tickets to the Rangers games. I've seen Skinner and Landeskog plenty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Who goes when Stuart comes back?

Does McQuaid lose his spot when Stuart comes back? I can't see Kampfer going anywhere, he's been solid. Thoughts?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC : Kid, I'm a freshman at UGA. I live in Kitchener and wanted to go to the US for college considering I lived in the US until I was 15. I have family that lives in Athens, hence why it's convenient for me to go to school there. My family has season tickets to the Rangers games. I've seen Skinner and Landeskog plenty.

And Larsson , Coutourier and Nugent-Hopkins ? Living in Kitchener and commenting on the players in the OHL and what they are doing now is great ( presently you don't ). Reading your in depth analysis comments about players from Sweden , Ontario , Alberta and Quebec when you live in Athens , Georgia is not.

Here's some advice I hope you consider. I do not make comments about players unless I've seen them multiple times. I haven't said a word about Nugent- Hopkins because I've never seen him play. Coutourier and Larsson I have only seen at this years WJHC's and have only commented recently on what I have seen with their performances in Buffalo.

If you find good info on these players on the net , post the link for everybody. If you go back to Kitchener post what you see in Landeskog and others in those games . If you go anywhere else in the world and see a prospect in a game post that too. Tell us what your family thinks of his play this year .These posts we will all appreciate a lot .But don't give 1000 word essays on players that are nowhere near you and you don't have the ability to watch. It is hurting your credibility as a poster.

I admire the passion you have in going through all you do to put up your posts. But I really think you should reel back on the info you give. Seeing and giving info on players is much appreciated from all of us but not seeing and posting about them like you've watched them is not . 

Information is invaluable to give to others but only if done properly ! I for one would enjoy your posting a lot more if done in this manner . I hope you take this advice into consideration because I think you can give us all some good info on players that are draft eligible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC : And Larsson , Coutourier and Nugent-Hopkins ? Living in Kitchener and commenting on the players in the OHL and what they are doing now is great ( presently you don't ). Reading your in depth analysis comments about players from Sweden , Ontario , Alberta and Quebec when you live in Athens , Georgia is not. Here's some advice I hope you consider. I do not make comments about players unless I've seen them multiple times. I haven't said a word about Nugent- Hopkins because I've never seen him play. Coutourier and Larsson I have only seen at this years WJHC's and have only commented recently on what I have seen with their performances in Buffalo. If you find good info on these players on the net , post the link for everybody. If you go back to Kitchener post what you see in Landeskog and others in those games . If you go anywhere else in the world and see a prospect in a game post that too. Tell us what your family thinks of his play this year .These posts we will all appreciate a lot .But don't give 1000 word essays on players that are nowhere near you and you don't have the ability to watch. It is hurting your credibility as a poster. I admire the passion you have in going through all you do to put up your posts. But I really think you should reel back on the info you give. Seeing and giving info on players is much appreciated from all of us but not seeing and posting about them like you've watched them is not .  Information is invaluable to give to others but only if done properly ! I for one would enjoy your posting a lot more if done in this manner . I hope you take this advice into consideration because I think you can give us all some good info on players that are draft eligible.
    I've never seen Larsson play in person. I've said that already. My posts on him were games I've seen on TV/Internet, highlight clips and the WJC the last 2 years.

As for the BOLD highlighted above, didn't I just say this is my first year in a while not presently living in Canada (I go to school down south)? Didn't I also say I've lived in Ontario for the last 4-5 years? I have seen Gabriel and Ryan play only twice this season, over winter break (Sarnia, Guelph). I saw him play last season every home game, and a few road games. I've seen Skinner since 2008. I've seen Couturier play in person, a total of 3 times, all in 2009/2010 season: at Victoriaville once, at Drummondville once and at Val-d'Or once. I've seen Hoppy play twice (in person), both at Red Deer.

These were all my last year before college, outside of Rangers games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Larsson was flat out dominant in the WJC : I've never seen Larsson play in person. I've said that already. My posts on him were games I've seen on TV/Internet, highlight clips and the WJC the last 2 years. As for the BOLD highlighted above, didn't I just say this is my first year in a while not presently living in Canada (I go to school down south)? Didn't I also say I've lived in Ontario for the last 4-5 years? I have seen Gabriel and Ryan play only twice this season, over winter break (Sarnia, Guelph). I saw him play last season every home game, and a few road games. I've seen Skinner since 2008. I've seen Couturier play in person, a total of 3 times, all in 2009/2010 season: at Victoriaville once, at Drummondville once and at Val-d'Or once. I've seen Hoppy play twice (in person), both at Red Deer. These were all my last year before college, outside of Rangers games.

Young players change how they play drastically over a year's time. ( good examples are Jared Knight , Ryan Strome , Doug Hamilton , Tyler Seguin from year 1 to year 2 in the OHL or anyone when you're that young). If you feel your current comments on players are justified because you have seen them play a year ago (or once or twice ) then you go ahead with your comments. My advice about commenting on current happenings on these players have obviously fallen on deaf ears. Good luck with that type of posting, you'll need it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I wouldn't put too much weight in the WJC as far as who are the best prospects.  I expect Ryan Murphy will crack the top 5 at draft time, and i would love it if the B's have a high pick and can take him.  He has high-end skill from the blue line, it would be a great fit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't put too much weight in the WJC as far as who are the best prospects.  I expect Ryan Murphy will crack the top 5 at draft time, and i would love it if the B's have a high pick and can take him.  He has high-end skill from the blue line, it would be a great fit.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    The only concerns I have are that he's physically immature, and he needs more work in the defensive zone. Other than that, he's a good player. I really like him and the progress he's shown each year is scary.