Adam McQuaid's Day with the cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Adam McQuaid's Day with the cup

Cornwall PEI is a pretty small place yet there were between 10 and 15 thousand people there for a parade and celebrations. Adam paraded the cup through town on a fire truck for an hour with help from some local minor hockey teams. Then there were a few speeches, by Adam and local politicians. He spoke well encouraging youth to work hard for their dreams. He then spent 3 hours posing for pictures with people who were lucky enough to win the opportunity through a draw.
    The only negatives were some late day rain (Irene held of quite well though), and a couple of people there with Hab shirts on.
    I don't have pics but my buddy is supposed to send me some today and I will post if he comes through.
    My highlight was making eye contact with Adam, thanking him for ending our years of suffering and him saying 'you're welcome' with a huge smile on his face, as he drove slowly by on the firetruck holding the cup aloft.
    I also heard the cup is delayed getting to Marchand in Halifax today. They couldn't get across the Confederation bridge as it was closed for the storm. Hopefully it's on it's way now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Adam McQuaid's Day with the cup

adam is a class act guy like most from eastern canada, i  have visited a few times and i loved it there along with the ppl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

IIagree, a very humble clasy guyn Response to Re: Adam McQuaid's Day with the cup:
    adam is a class act guy like most from eastern canada, i  have visited a few times and i loved it there along with the ppl.
    Posted by wallydouglas

I agree, a very humble classy guy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Agreed, great story overall...

Lonewolf keeps his mouth shut and let's his uppercuts and bodychecks do the talking.

Tough dudes out there on the island. I recall playing there occassionally when growing up in Hfx, and there's something in that red spoil out there that makes them a little tougher/grittier IMO.....

Sections
Shortcuts