Admit it..P.K is a stud.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Admit it..P.K is a stud.

I got hammered for posting this back in January. This kid is the real deal. Right up there with Doughty as the best young d-man in the game. He dives, he embelishes,he antagonizes, it's all part of his game and man, does he do it well. He can skate,pass, has an absolute bomb of a shot and he has shut down the top line, all while Lucic and Horton continue to try and rum him out of the building instead of trying to score.Does he look flustered? And who has the hit of the series? he does, with that hit on Krejci. He is going to be fun to watch for years to come and every B's fan will love to hate him.
    Now stop trying to kill him and play hockey!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Re: Admit it..P.K is a stud.

Hes definetly good.  I loved watching Horton crush him against the boards last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

Many cant stand his attitude and personality etc. but in terms of playing hockey, yes he is an absolute stud. I think he'll win a norris within the next 5 years

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He hasn't done jack in this series.  Get real please.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

They'v turned him into a shut down D!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

yeah so i'll log off before anyone reads this because it's blasphemous and ridiculous, but I watched the Orr documentary before the game and I'll tell you what... PK carrying the puck up the ice looks a heck of a lot like when Bobby used to do it. Total puck dominance moving at a faster speed than the other players are even capable of. I'm sure there's a better example to compare him to and I welcome the suggestions, but it looks really unique to me.

Plus he has that monster shot. I was cringing every time he let one go. Hey Chara, take note - a hard shot can be really useful if you can get it off fast enough! LMAO. THUMP!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Subban is a good player.  I'll reserve stud status for guys that have actually accomplished something.

Being 3rd in rookie D-man scoring and playing at a -8 doesn't ring of stud to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Admit it..P.K is a stud.:
    [QUOTE]He hasn't done jack in this series.  Get real please.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

What series are you watching?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

He plays with great will and skill.  He's also a diving biziznitch.  I'd smack him in the face if I played against him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Like it or not, (and I don't) the kid is the real deal, if you're logging 27 minutes of playoff hockey ice time on defense as a rookie in the NHL you're obviously doing something right. I liked his post game intrview after game 2, focused and down to business. That's a hockey playey I would love to have on my team...for now I will continue to hate to play against him and Montreal. Go Bruins!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeg4. Show jeg4's posts

He has easily been the best player on the ice this series.  By far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

Agree.  The Habs will be Carey and PK's team for years to come... Two real competitors... two important positions (Goalie and Def)... and they love playing together... big grins... giving each other high fives every now and then during defensive plays... Pretty cool to see those two kids in the rink !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Agree.  The Habs will be Carey and PK's team for years to come... Two real competitors... two important positions (Goalie and Def)... and they love playing together... big grins... giving each other high fives every now and then during defensive plays... Pretty cool to see those two kids in the rink !
    Posted by Wedgy-Dunlop[/QUOTE]

you know those two love justin bieber.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Pk can eat sh1t for all I care, and Carey can have the leftovers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Admit it..P.K is a stud.:
    [QUOTE]I got hammered for posting this back in January.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

And rightfully so.  Get back to me in a few years.  For now, put your Habs jersey back on and go away.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Admit it..P.K is a stud. : And rightfully so.  Get back to me in a few years.  For now, put your Habs jersey back on and go away.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Agreed Nas.It's not as if PK is even having  the sort of impact that Phaneuf had early on.Let's see him put up star quality numbers before proclaiming him a stud.Great young player,I'll give him that.Bona fide stud D-man,not yet anyway.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Admit it..P.K is a stud. : Agreed Nas.It's not as if PK is even having  the sort of impact that Phaneuf had early on.Let's see him put up star quality numbers before proclaiming him a stud.Great young player,I'll give him that.Bona fide stud D-man,not yet anyway.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    dez i agree with both of u guys. i said before last year i thought it was a nice story. defense for the habs really hurting so they call up PK and he played well on their rise to the conference finals. then this year i started to notice what everyone was talking about. the diving the cheapshots and the showing up of other team when he or the Canadians scored a goal. there are guys on other teams that i hate but if they put a bruins jersey on i would really get behind them like pronger or scott stevens or corey perry. then there are guys like subban and ribero cooke avery that i could never see in a bruins jersey and would never want no matter how much they brought to the table.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PK is a rookie and is playing more minutes than anyone in the rink including chara.  The test of time if the great debate.  But, if its a sample size of things to come he is definitely a solid dman.  Norris I can't see b/c of the depth of quality dmen that are young.  Lidstrom will likely be still playing the next 5 yrs anyway and he is "the man"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I disagree ...Subban is a good skater in between the bluelines but thats about it ..sometimes he looks like a clown ..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Admit it..P.K is a stud. : And rightfully so.  Get back to me in a few years.  For now, put your Habs jersey back on and go away.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

And god knows you'll be here knocking on the door of 30,000 posts. I'll get back to you the night he claims his first Norris. Some of us aren't so blinded by the black n gold glasses or in your case just plain uneducated enough to know a good young player when we see one. Hypocrit. The same idiots who have mocked and bood Derek Jeter will be part of the Fenway faithful giving him a standing ovation during his last visit to Fenway. Yes i know its a baseball reference in a Bruins forum,thanks in advance, but good rival players like them only enhance the true experience of being a fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Boy Wonder still hasn't done squat.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

hes never going to win a norris. Comparing him to doughty is absurd. Doughty is so much better than Subban its not even worth discussing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Kelvana - He's a db, always will be. That clip in game 2 was bush league as are the majority of his other plays. He probably would have been a good respectable player but the Habs have gotten a hold of him and now he throws cheap shots, flops, and is a general db. I actually liked him coming into the season after watching an NHL special on him. That all changed after watching him play and hearing Gill's comments on him.

I've always cheered Jeter for the way he plays the game, with a lot of heart, determination, and class.

PK is classless and I hope he has a short career as karma for being such a db.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Admit it..P.K is a stud. : And god knows you'll be here knocking on the door of 30,000 posts. I'll get back to you the night he claims his first Norris. Some of us aren't so blinded by the black n gold glasses or in your case just plain uneducated enough to know a good young player when we see one. Hypocrit. The same idiots who have mocked and bood Derek Jeter will be part of the Fenway faithful giving him a standing ovation during his last visit to Fenway. Yes i know its a baseball reference in a Bruins forum,thanks in advance, but good rival players like them only enhance the true experience of being a fan.  

Hold on Kelvana, I have had my disagreements with NAS over the past year or so but he was simply saying that PK is not the "stud" yet on defense.  Good player but not "thoroughbred" defenseman even in the Dougherty class.  NAS also called you a Hab as your first avatar was of no other than "Carey Price".  You clairified your thoughts on that, made some great comments since, but I will defend NAS as a good poster no matter how many posts he makes.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Admit it. P.K. is all show and no boat!

In Response to Admit it..P.K is a stud.:
    [QUOTE]I got hammered for posting this back in January. This kid is the real deal. Right up there with Doughty as the best young d-man in the game. He dives, he embelishes,he antagonizes, it's all part of his game and man, does he do it well. He can skate,pass, has an absolute bomb of a shot and he has shut down the top line, all while Lucic and Horton continue to try and rum him out of the building instead of trying to score.Does he look flustered? And who has the hit of the series? he does, with that hit on Krejci. He is going to be fun to watch for years to come and every B's fan will love to hate him. Now stop trying to kill him and play hockey!!!

Sections
Shortcuts