Admit it..P.K is a stud.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Admit it..P.K is a stud.

In Response to Re: Admit it..P.K is a stud.:
    [QUOTE]  P.K. is the most mature, well spoken rookie i've seen come along  in ages.  and this BS that he irritates his teammates is just a lie perpetuated by rival fans and a moron reporter.   a rookie D-man playing 27 minutes a night in the playoffs is impressive any way you look at  it.  you haters better get used to it. he'll be around for many years to come bringing you lots of agony and heartache along the way.
    Posted by ergoth[/QUOTE]

That's funny.  Somebody should tell his teammates, his coaches, and the Montreal press...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]  P.K. is the most mature, well spoken rookie i've seen come along  in ages.  and this BS that he irritates his teammates is just a lie perpetuated by rival fans and a moron reporter.   a rookie D-man playing 27 minutes a night in the playoffs is impressive any way you look at  it.  you haters better get used to it. he'll be around for many years to come bringing you lots of agony and heartache along the way.
    Posted by ergoth[/QUOTE]

It isn't a lie, it is a fact he was benched for a couple straight games earlier in the year for those reason. He rubbed his teammates the wrong way, Hal Gill called him out publicly and so did Martin. He has learned from it but still a ways to go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

PK will win the Greg Louganis Trophy before he wins the Norris. 

Great potential. Let's see what happens if and when he eventually grows up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Admit it..P.K is a stud.:
    [QUOTE]I got hammered for posting this back in January. This kid is the real deal. Right up there with Doughty as the best young d-man in the game.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

If this were true, wouldn't he have been nominated for and eventually walked away with the Calder?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Admit it..P.K is a stud. : If this were true, wouldn't he have been nominated for and eventually walked away with the Calder?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

the next bobby orr not even nominated for the calder is a sad day in the hockey world.  we'll probably hear about mtl riots in tomorrow's am news.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Admit it..P.K is a stud. : the next bobby orr not even nominated for the calder is a sad day in the hockey world.  we'll probably hear about mtl riots in tomorrow's am news.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

And Subban will be apprehended stealing hub caps. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Admit it..P.K is a stud. : This is one of my posts that I think was fairly legitimate. Jury still out for me on Subban.  Shows flashes offensively, but don't think he's a great defenseman.  It's more Gill that had been shutting down that line in my opinion.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Fairly legitimate that Tim Thomas will retire after this year, leaving millions on the table? You think that is "fairly legitimate"

I think that statement is "totally stupid" and have to wonder how you even managed to get from your bed to where ever it is your reading this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Admit it..P.K is a stud. : That's funny.  Somebody should tell his teammates, his coaches, and the Montreal press...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch, are you honestly claiming to know how highly (or not) PK Subban is  regarded by his teammates and coaches?

I don't post much during the playoffs, but that comment was a coffee-spitter. I guess I'm surprised that someone who makes intelligent posts like you do would make that claim based on a few incidents in the Montreal media.

I don't know how Subban is received in the locker room. I don't think anyone who has never been in said locker room could. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Kennedy, there was a well publicized story that had Hal Gill admonishing PK Subban for just throwing his shirt on the ground and not respecting the jersey. Regardless of how you spin it, PK is young, still being mentored, and still growing into his role as an NHL player.

It's not Fletch making wild assumptions, it's based on fact no matter who is telling it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-two-very-different-sides-to-the-P-K-Subban-?urn=nhl-319027

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110209/mtl_habshub_habit_110208/20110209/?hub=MontrealSports

From these stories, it is evident that at best, PK is not a leader and still has much to learn about how to carry himself, how to play, and how to behave in the NHL. It's either that or the Habs teach PK's bush league style of play. I hope it's the former.

Diving, cheap shotting players, chirping and not backing it up, and all the other things PK does is not going to endear him to the hockey world or other players. He doesn't need to do that carp to stay in the league given the offensive skill he has.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Admit it..P.K is a stud. : Fletch, are you honestly claiming to know how highly (or not) PK Subban is  regarded by his teammates and coaches? I don't post much during the playoffs, but that comment was a coffee-spitter. I guess I'm surprised that someone who makes intelligent posts like you do would make that claim based on a few incidents in the Montreal media. I don't know how Subban is received in the locker room. I don't think anyone who has never been in said locker room could. 
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Kennedy, for one thing, I was responding to the statement that "P.K. is the most mature, well spoken rookie i've seen come along  in ages." (That's a coffee spitter).

So yeah, I was being a tad sarcastic.  And, of course, I haven't been in the Montreal locker room and I would hope it is plainly obvious that I do not have first hand knowledge of PK Subban's personality or conduct. (Uhh, he's in my book club...)

But I think what I said at least loosely supported by things we have heard from insiders, or at least has been reported (as noted in the post above).  He has been called out by his coach, he has been called out by his teammates, and he has been called out by the media.  Hasn't he?  I have no idea what all of those people think about Subban behind closed doors, but I have certainly heard some negative things this year that would fly in the face of him being 'the most mature rookie' out there.

Fair enough?  Now, clean up your coffee, you slob.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Re: Admit it..P.K a stud.

better have him in a hab's jersey... i'm sure you'll take him anytime in your team!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Admit it..P.K a stud.

In Response to Re: Admit it..P.K a stud.:
    [QUOTE]better have him in a hab's jersey... i'm sure you'll take him anytime in your team!
    Posted by Greatseason[/QUOTE]

People were ready to get rid of Marchand after one cheap hit. We don't like Habby play (diving, flopping, cheap shotting) down in Boston. You need to back up your mouth in Boston in order to play here.

You can have him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Thomas the diving goalie

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas the diving goalie
    Posted by Greatseason[/QUOTE]

Great response. Glad you add so much to the discussion and don't even attempt to defend your teams cheap play. If that's how you want to win and you're happy with it, great, I wouldn't root for a cheap team like that though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Admit it..P.K is a stud. : Kennedy, for one thing, I was responding to the statement that "P.K. is the most mature, well spoken rookie i've seen come along  in ages." (That's a coffee spitter). So yeah, I was being a tad sarcastic.  And, of course, I haven't been in the Montreal locker room and I would hope it is plainly obvious that I do not have first hand knowledge of PK Subban's personality or conduct. (Uhh, he's in my book club...) But I think what I said at least loosely supported by things we have heard from insiders, or at least has been reported (as noted in the post above).  He has been called out by his coach, he has been called out by his teammates, and he has been called out by the media.  Hasn't he?  I have no idea what all of those people think about Subban behind closed doors, but I have certainly heard some negative things this year that would fly in the face of him being 'the most mature rookie' out there. Fair enough?  Now, clean up your coffee, you slob.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    It's going.......it's going.......it's gone! Home Run!

Sections
Shortcuts