Affordable third line help that may be available and fit the Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Affordable third line help that may be available and fit the Bruins

In response to red75's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

Go big or go home

PC's never gone big, at least not with trades.

Red, you're exactly right. PC made all the right deals to secure a Cup in 2011 yet we still have a few posters crying because he didn't sell the farm for Rick Nash. Some people can't see a winning formula even when it's right in front of their face. Neil Smith told my buddy that building a Cup winner is like producing a blockbuster film. While it's great to have Jack Nicholson and Brad Pitt type actors to be the stars, you'll still need some lesser name guys to play the mailman or bartender #3. All of the roles need to be filled in order to be a success. I thought the analogy made a lot of sense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Go big or go home

The Kessel, Horton and the Ference/Kobasew trade(s) were BIG in my view becuase they are still currently paying off and helped bring a cup. Now if you had said "blockbuster" then I would agree.

Yeah, blockbuster is more what I meant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kovalchuck is and has provided a boost for New Jersey. Richards and Nash, the jury is still out but so far not really what the NY hype machine anticipated. Hossa trade didn't do the trick until he signed as a free agent with Chicago. Heatley didn't help San Jose nor is he really helping Minnesota.

Trying to think of what blockbuster mid-season trade made an impact since the Roy to Colorado ...hmmm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Brandon Dubinsky would be a nice fit. Pretty sure he was a healthy scratch for last nights game. Jarmo will probably clean house and load up on more draft picks..I like Dubinsky's game and would be worth sending a package of draft picks with none higher than a second round.

He was the centerpiece in the Nash deal.  No way does he get moved for second round picks.

Or at all for that matter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kovalchuck is and has provided a boost for New Jersey. Richards and Nash, the jury is still out but so far not really what the NY hype machine anticipated. Hossa trade didn't do the trick until he signed as a free agent with Chicago. Heatley didn't help San Jose nor is he really helping Minnesota.

Trying to think of what blockbuster mid-season trade made an impact since the Roy to Colorado ...hmmm

How about the L.A. Kings acquiring Richards and Carter ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

To be clear San, I'm not saying it's always a bad idea to get these guys. I'm just saying it isn't always good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

How about the L.A. Kings acquiring Richards and Carter ?

Carter, yes.  Richards started the season there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Dont worry after all we can always upgrade the famous JAY PANDELFO on the 3 rd line...and we will really be in business...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

To be clear San, I'm not saying it's always a bad idea to get these guys. I'm just saying it isn't always good.

No I was just thinking out loud if "Bigger or Blockbusters" work or not. Wasn't criticizing your thought process, just trying to get more numbers of trades.

I had to appreciate the moves that Sinden made to get Poulin and Propp. They weren't blockbuster but Harry saw that the 90' Bruins could go somewhere with some help. Yah it is a gamble for sure and fun to talk about.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I had to appreciate the moves that Sinden made to get Poulin and Propp. They weren't blockbuster but Harry saw that the 90' Bruins could go somewhere with some help. Yah it is a gamble for sure and fun to talk about.

San, I also liked it the year they went after Gonchar. I was crushed at the results of that one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Carter, yes.  Richards started the season there.

That's right !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Dont we need a 4th line as well ???

Thornton and Pandolfo on the 4th....SCARY

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment: I had to appreciate the moves that Sinden made to get Poulin and Propp. They weren't blockbuster but Harry saw that the 90' Bruins could go somewhere with some help. Yah it is a gamble for sure and fun to talk about.

San, I also liked it the year they went after Gonchar. I was crushed at the results of that one. [/QUOTE]

Yah Sergei folded against the Shabs crushing forecheck in the last 4 games of that debacle. I remember after Murray scored the game winner of game 3, I felt so confident.

Blaahhccck freakin series!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Brandon Dubinsky would be a nice fit. Pretty sure he was a healthy scratch for last nights game. Jarmo will probably clean house and load up on more draft picks..I like Dubinsky's game and would be worth sending a package of draft picks with none higher than a second round.

He was the centerpiece in the Nash deal.  No way does he get moved for second round picks.

Agree Columbus has three first rounders in the upcoming draft a second rounder isn't going to impress them much. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

while i agree in this case that dubinsky probably won't be moved, i'm not sure i agree with the line of thinking. Brand new GM for CBJ, not sure the moves of his predecessor really have much baring on what he will do with players in the future. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ive said chimera for a while.  For 4th line i want jackman.  And i want sarich for def addition.  

Weiss, morrow, versteeg and penner are othet guys i wouldnt mind. 

For nas - cam jannsen

for san - torres and zac

for red - ladd

for dez - neil

for chowda - zac as well

for fletch-  wild dog tim brent

for bsl - dez   The new gazoo twins are bsl and dez.  Who are now bert and ernie.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PS.  I dont see foligno and dubi going anywhere.  Both young abd guys to build around.  Iggy could come here only if dk or horton goes the other way.  Id be fine with either being dealt for him.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

Go big or go home

Red, you're exactly right. PC made all the right deals to secure a Cup in 2011 yet we still have a few posters crying because he didn't sell the farm for Rick Nash. Some people can't see a winning formula even when it's right in front of their face. Neil Smith told my buddy that building a Cup winner is like producing a blockbuster film. While it's great to have Jack Nicholson and Brad Pitt type actors to be the stars, you'll still need some lesser name guys to play the mailman or bartender #3. All of the roles need to be filled in order to be a success. I thought the analogy made a lot of sense.

I absolutetly love that analogy. Thanks for sharing that Dez.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

PS.  I dont see foligno and dubi going anywhere.  Both young abd guys to build around.  Iggy could come here only if dk or horton goes the other way.  Id be fine with either being dealt for him.  

Shupe you know as well as I that none of the top 6 will be dealt.  Just ain't happening...PC is going to stay with this core as he should.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Shupe you know as well as I that none of the top 6 will be dealt.  Just ain't happening...PC is going to stay with this core as he should.

Agree completely.  I love iggy.  Think hes an amazing talent that just keeps on performing.  i think he will be dealt to an eastern conference team with philly nyr and pitt being the front runners.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

6 more weeks until trade deadline, can't come soon enough.  Bourque and Johnson may turn out to be the answers, who knows!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Love trade deadline.  Speaking of iggy.  Wouldnt he be an ideal fit in philly?   That team could use his leadership.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I have a couple buddies who live down there and are huge Flyer fans.  I don't think they could stomach Holmgren making another huge deal considering how things have turned out so far.  What a disaster.  Holmgren is in a really tough situation, I think he needs to ride this out with what he has.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In honor of Nas and his past girlfriends thread Chuck Kobasew.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

How about Alfredsson  http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22179/rumblings-can-bs-lure-alfredsson-away