Affordable third line help that may be available and fit the Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

Re: Affordable third line help that may be available and fit the Bruins

Pierre LeBruns reporting that we are going after Alfie.

Couldnt hurt our PP and wouldnt be bad for Seguin in the long run to have him around awhile.

A true proffesional.

Im all for it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"The connections, of course, are obvious: GM Peter Chiarelli used to work in Ottawa’s front office and B’s captain Zdeno Chara is a former teammate of Alfredsson's. If there’s one team that could entice Alfredsson, I’m not sure there’s a better fit than Boston."

As e-harmony as it gets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Would like a move for Glencross. Iginla or Dubinsky would be fantastic but getting either of them is a pipe-dream.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

How about Alfredsson  http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22179/rumblings-can-bs-lure-alfredsson-away

So basically a Bouque-esque trade. San mentioned this near the start of the thread. I suppose it all depends on what Alfie wants. Does he pull a Bourque and take his one last shot at a Cup, or does he lead with his team loyalty like Doan?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment: So basically a Bouque-esque trade. San mentioned this near the start of the thread. I suppose it all depends on what Alfie wants. Does he pull a Bourque and take his one last shot at a Cup, or does he lead with his team loyalty like Doan? [/QUOTE]

I would love him too, hope he does and he would be a perfect fit. I say we should kick the tires lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Kovalchuck is and has provided a boost for New Jersey. Richards and Nash, the jury is still out but so far not really what the NY hype machine anticipated. Hossa trade didn't do the trick until he signed as a free agent with Chicago. Heatley didn't help San Jose nor is he really helping Minnesota.

Trying to think of what blockbuster mid-season trade made an impact since the Roy to Colorado ...hmmm

Wasn't there some guy who was traded mid season and then won the Hart and Art Ross that same seson with his new club? Hmmm, can't quite remember his name...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

How about Alfredsson  http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22179/rumblings-can-bs-lure-alfredsson-away

So basically a Bouque-esque trade. San mentioned this near the start of the thread. I suppose it all depends on what Alfie wants. Does he pull a Bourque and take his one last shot at a Cup, or does he lead with his team loyalty like Doan?

Maybe the B's could trade Brian Rolston, Sami Pahlsson and Martin Grenier to the Senators for Alfredsson !?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'll take anyone of the players mentioned with Glenncross being a "meh". If I was to put them in order. And without trading a top 6. It would go.

1) Iggy

2) Alfie

3) Weiss

4) Dubinsky

5) Foligno

The only issue with the top 3 is that their top 6 players that could be asked to play bottom 6. So, if there was a player to move out of the top 6 right now it would be Horton, but come play-offs I would move Lucic only because Horton has turned out to be a clutch scorer in the play-offs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Would it be possible to move someone (Horton, Pev or Kelly)  and bring back Iginla and Alfredsson ? Not sure if that's realistic or if the math works - probably not, Oh well -

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Lots of discussions and it really is interesting that there's not much said about Ference slowing down; Chara being blown away by guys like Wheeler; Seidenberg making more mistakes than normal. Granted the forward lines are more in perspective because only Bergeron's line is consistent; Kreji's line seems to have more pop with Seguin; and the other two lines are struggling with minimal productivity. This team cannot continue to " carry" Thornton. His guts and glory of the past are no longer enough to justify his lack of contribution.  Bourque skates very well, but doesn'y have a finishing touch on goals, checks, or puck possesion. He's just not adding any contribution. Change is glaringly obvious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Would it be possible to move someone (Horton, Pev or Kelly)  and bring back Iginla and Alfredsson ? Not sure if that's realistic or if the math works - probably not, Oh well -

Good idea. Maybe  PC can trade Horton for a clutch scorer...........

-Selective Highlighter

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Wasn't there some guy who was traded mid season and then won the Hart and Art Ross that same seson with his new club? Hmmm, can't quite remember his name...

[/QUOTE]

That wasn't a trade. That was "run a guy out of town because he can't score in the playoffs". Dumbest "trade" ever. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I think you probably meant - multiple concussion suffering clutch scorer who seems to be some what less invested psychically and emotionally this year, and may be gone at the end of his contract anyway. 

Another lame attempt from the selective vomit

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Need a 3rd line winger, then bump Bourque down to skate with Campbell and Paille. Could bring back some of thet freewheeling cycling that the merlot did so well 2 years ago with Marchand on LW.

Realistic targets for 3rd line stopgap: Morrow, Ryder, Glencross, Parenteau, Bertuzzi, Kovalev, Setoguchi, Hornqvist, Vrbata, Chimera

Alfredsson would be awfully nice. A line with Peverly-Kelly-Alfredsson would be by far the best 3rd line in the league, and he can make up additional ice time floating up to the other lines and on the PP. Actually if CJ has the you-know-whats, he'd actually play Seguin up top, then Alfredsson with Bergeron and Horton on the 3rd. Not because anyone's done anything wrong, but because those three lines would cause matchup nightmares for every other team in the league.

Of all players, he's the best "fit" -- but I absolutely don't buy this love-fest idea that he's going to magically come here for a Cup run without much going back. The other guys listed above I think can be had without a position player going back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think you probably meant - multiple concussion suffering clutch scorer who seems to be some what less invested psychically and emotionally this year, and may be gone at the end of his contract anyway. 

Another lame attempt from the selective vomit

It's already been well established that your grasp of hockey and what it takes to build a winner is tenuous (at best). All of your new posts go to further illustrate the point. Perhaps PC should've thrown Bergeron on the trash heap too. Trust me, you'd be the first one I'd go to if I wanted advice on how to throw an online hissy fit but as far as hockey goes, your good for nothing but a chuckle and a head shake. The "selective vomit" line was truly priceless. Have you got a middle schooler helping you write material?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

We are no longer a four line team live with it people. The bruins are winning playing the way they are. That consits of boychuk bringing down charas play, ference looking like an ahler and the third and fourth line helping in minimal ways. The fourth line helps out on the pk which is the best in the league. The third line does not do much but play even hockey and chips in every once and a while offensively. The cap has hamstrung us bcs of overpaying players we overvalued, which I had been saying since they signed them. Boychuk was never worth his contract and would be nothing but a bottom pairing dman if he wasn't next to chara. Kelly and pevs both got overpaid for having a one year spike in performance that was due to the top two lines blowing teams out and teams giving up by the time the third line started to get on the scoring sheet. Adding a ufa is good for a run this season but what do you do for the long term you have 6.25mil on a third line that hasn't produced against other third lines. I said they overpaid Marchand but was completely wrong on that front he has been the bruins best player this season. Other than Marchand though what was chia thinking giving out those contracts. We might not be able to resign Horton next season bcs of the bowling balls on the third line. If I make a move it is to dump one of those contracts and add a  lower priced alternative with a one year ufa that has an overpriced contract just for this season. Unless the third line turns it around overnight we are looking at a two line team for the next couple seasons, so we all should start to get used to this prospect of counting on the top six for almost all our scoring. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Kovalchuck is and has provided a boost for New Jersey. Richards and Nash, the jury is still out but so far not really what the NY hype machine anticipated. Hossa trade didn't do the trick until he signed as a free agent with Chicago. Heatley didn't help San Jose nor is he really helping Minnesota.

Trying to think of what blockbuster mid-season trade made an impact since the Roy to Colorado ...hmmm

He would trade those awards in for a bigger cup anyday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You aren't sure if it's realistic?

Kelly for Iginla is a great deal.  I expect this to happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Actually I was thinking Horton to Calgary to make room for Iginla, so he would fit top 6. That would maybe make it easier for a possible move to pick up Alfredsson, possibly with Kelly or Peverly involved, who can't suk enough right now.  

You might want to take it down a notch, I'm kind of all stocked up with going to battle right now. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Actually I was thinking Horton to Calgary to make room for Iginla, so he would fit top 6. That would maybe make it easier for a possible move to pick up Alfedsson, possibly with Kelly or Peverly involved, who can't suk enough right now.  

You might want to take it down a notch, I'm kind of all stocked up with going to battle right now. 

If you're really interested in arguing about your stupid trade for Iginla ideas, you need help.

Alfredsson will garner more than Kelly AND Peverley from a contender.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Actually I was thinking Horton to Calgary to make room for Iginla, so he would fit top 6. That would maybe make it easier for a possible move to pick up Alfedsson, possibly with Kelly or Peverly involved, who can't suk enough right now.  

If you're really interested in arguing about your stupid trade for Iginla ideas, you need help.

Alfredsson will garner more than Kelly AND Peverley from a contender.

Nope not interested in arguing, I said it wasn't realistic. Just an wishful thinking fan who was trying to figure out a way to get Iginla and Alfredsson in, and Horton and Kelly/Peverly out.  You know how fans can be sometimes, like when you were bashing Marchand - I guess you didn't "need help" with that one, or were you being "stupid"?  

There ya go - you fired, and I fired back. Feel better now? I feel good about me -