After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever

2010-11ATL59142034-1635273566112161.087 
     2010-11BOS19224-30370010132.063

Peverley 4 points and minus 3 with the B's

Wheeler already 13 points with the Trashers
    2010-11ATL1958131
     and this is not to mention the importance of a D like Mark Stuart with the Trashers.......

I just feel like crying when I think of this trade.....so sad

Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever

In Response to After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever:
    [QUOTE]2010-11 ATL 59 14 20 34 -16 35 27 35 6 6 1 1 2 161 .087    2010-11 BOS 19 2 2 4 -3 0 3 7 0 0 1 0 1 32 .063 Peverley 4 points and minus 3 with the B's Wheeler already 13 points with the Trashers 2010-11 ATL 19 5 8 13 1  and this is not to mention the importance of a D like Mark Stuart with the Trashers....... I just feel like crying when I think of this trade.....so sad Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    Next time go ahead and cry instead of posting Stanley..........I hope you don't become the new Bruins8 for Wheeler.You're too likeable to be this way.Team wins are how I prefer to gauge trade value.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever

getting rid of stuart smarted a bit...getting rid of wheeler, not so much.  let it go stanley, you sound like a stalker, or someone that needs counseling. he's gone- get over it. how much do you enjoy reading kessel posts? annoying right?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i was sad to see stuart go. I have always thought he was under rated. Wheeler wasn't good here. He wasn't going to develop here, so we moved him. Good trade. Peverly has looked good, although he has been snake bit, and in general the team is better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I still think it was a good trade.  Wheeler brought little to the table and Stuart's game had really regressed to the point where he wasn't safe to put in the lineup.  It was almost addition by subtraction.  Freeing up the cap space was huge, because Kaberle's been a great addition.  Peverly hasn't shown much finish since he's been here, but he is providing speed and energy.  He plays all out, which is a great quality to have in your bottom 6.  They don't need to win it, just not lose it.  You also shouldn't base a player on a sample of a few weeks.  If Peverly was evaluated based on the weeks after he was aquired by the Thrashers from the Preds, you would think he was a 80 point guy.  He'll pot a few eventually, but it's a great move because he's got some skill, brings it every shift, and has a very low cap hit.  That last part makes him extremely valuable in a cap league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Stanley, you've lost it. Peverly has helped in Seguin's development far more than Wheeler ever did. He has also scored at least two highlight goals to tie or win games. Kaberle is quite a bit better than Stuart who never really progressed from the 5/6 slots. Good moves by Chia.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I'm sure the three fans in Atlanta would agree with you whole heartedly.  As straight up trade, it certainly looks bad now.  Time will tell if Peverley will show his value.  You also have to factor in the salary adjustments that were part of the entire trade deadline deals.  There was a shift in dollars from the forward ranks to the defense (Kaberle for Wheeler).  It wasn't just about Peverley for Wheeller. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

Definitely sad to see Stuart go.  Looked great the other night.  As for Wheeler.  Was he even playing?  Checked the stat sheet and he somehow played 21 minutes.  I like reading everyone's posts here but Stanley's getting a little to crazy with this whole lovefest with Wheeler.  He is in no way a superstar and in my opinion will never be.  Sure, he can be a 20 goal scorer but will never do more than that.  Has great size and speed but plays like he's 5'5".  Marchand plays bigger than him.  Personally, I think Peverly has looked great.  He plays a great two way game and has some great offensive skills.  Even though he's not putting up big numbers with the Bruins, I think he is way more effective than Wheeler ever was.  I think he'll be huge in the playoffs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Stanley, with posts like these you are going to lose me as one of your biggest supporters.  Sorry. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Blake Wheeler Playoff stats:

Games: 21
    G: 1
    A: 6
    +/-: -6

Someone who dissapears when things matter and plays when they dont. Good riddens Wheeler, I cant remember a single timely goal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

I love how the third line has looked.  It's seems as if the other team has a really hard time getting the puck from them, or keeping it away from them.

The team overal is faster, and because of Peverly/Kelly being added Bergeron should be able to focus more effort towards the offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

One of the few trades that will be good for both sides. ATL needed a big body to play top line minutes on a wide open team. The fact that he is doing better statistically is irrelavent.

The move was also a salary dump so you can't exactly do an apples to apples comparison.

I think the Versteeg and Kaberle trades will go down as PC's worst (hopefully he doesn't bone another one), while the Kessel/Seguin, Knight, +, + cap room and the Primeau & Stuart/Ference Kobasew trades will be his best.

Moves like the Wheeler trade will be put into context. Neither is going to be a superstar, sorry Stanley. Wheeler will be a top-9 forward for 10-15+ years though as he has the special teams (PK) ability and shouldn't slow too much. What you pay him on an UFA deal though might be too much - $3-4 million?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't think the Peverly trade was a maker or breaker. I am disappointed more in Kelly (alright both are non-existent). But it did allow the B's to open up a d spot for a Hnidy to come in, a guy who I felt was playing fine and never should have been released in the first place. Hard to find the defensive d-man anymore that is willing to throw their body in front of a puck or make the correct play to clear the zone. The team is doing well so maybe Kelly, Peverly are doing what the coach wants, or maybe the team is satisfied that there are about 4 or 5 guys who can make up the chunk of the scoring. B's gave up on Stuart, and I don't know exactly why--dumb penalties?? too often over-agressive in own zone causing a cough-up?? I didn't notice it as much as maybe their evaluations were. Wheeler went into more fogs than Ryder, which is saying a lot about how ineffective Blake was. I'm happy for Wheeler that he feels comfortable and can score and he will do that for Atlanta.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In Response to After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever:
    [QUOTE]2010-11 ATL 59 14 20 34 -16 35 27 35 6 6 1 1 2 161 .087    2010-11 BOS 19 2 2 4 -3 0 3 7 0 0 1 0 1 32 .063 Peverley 4 points and minus 3 with the B's Wheeler already 13 points with the Trashers 2010-11 ATL 19 5 8 13 1  and this is not to mention the importance of a D like Mark Stuart with the Trashers....... I just feel like crying when I think of this trade.....so sad Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

I'm with you on the Stuart trade.  But, Wheeler was a bust in Boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No, tool, his worst trade is probably Bochenski for Versteeg.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Save the stats for baseball, Stanley. They don't translate nearly as well to hockey.

I'll take that Peverly-for-Wheeler trade 1,000 times out of 1,000 and six times on Sunday. Wheeler was dead weight for the Bruins (and I think you know it). Peverly has more speed, more desire, more sticktoitveness, and creates more scoring chances than Wheeler ever did or will.

In hockey those kinds of things don't always show up on the score sheet--but they wear down defenses and goalies, they create momentum, and they eventually pay off in good ways.

Also--which team is going to the playoffs? At the time of the trade the Thrashers had just as much chance of making the playoffs as any team currently still alive--maybe better. Why didn't the Wheeler/Staurt additions--if they;re so great--put them over the top?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Why are we calling Stanley a tool? Everyone has a right to form their own opinions. So much hate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

In Response to Re: After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever:
    [QUOTE]Blake Wheeler Playoff stats: Games: 21 G: 1 A: 6 +/-: -6 Someone who dissapears when things matter and plays when they dont. Good riddens Wheeler, I cant remember a single timely goal.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Great stat!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever:
    [QUOTE]Why are we calling Stanley a tool? Everyone has a right to form their own opinions. So much hate.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Its BBR man, all he does is complain and yell, theres a reason someone with that many posts is ignored by a lot of people

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever : Its BBR man, all he does is complain and yell, theres a reason someone with that many posts is ignored by a lot of people
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]
    BBR are well met. He still thinks paragraphs are one sentence and if the next sentence deals with the same subject there is no reason to combine the two. He really is in no position to call anyone elementary names with his elementary education level.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Wheeler wasnt a bust, but he is an impending free agent again, who will certainly go to arbitration again looking for another raise though he hasnt shown any improvement in his 3 years.  Peaverly is the better player at this point, and has 1? year left on his deal, that gives him a higher value.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'll wait for the playoffs.
    Wheeler really didn't do much in the playoffs.
    Go find those stats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I'll wait for the playoffs. Wheeler really didn't do much in the playoffs. Go find those stats.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I allready did, or do you skip my posts Cry

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Blake Wheeler Playoff stats: Games: 21 G: 1 A: 6 +/-: -6 Someone who dissapears when things matter and plays when they dont. Good riddens Wheeler, I cant remember a single timely goal.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

ahhh that's the stat I'm talking about.  He was just horrible in the plyoffs. His only goal game last year and wasn't a pretty one.
    He's one of the reasons I was so upset when they lost to the Canes.  He and Phil just disappeared !