After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever

In Response to Re: After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever : I allready did, or do you skip my posts
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

nah, I sometimes read the topic and before reading everyone I post my comment.
    Saw it after.
    Cheers !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Re: After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever

Don't break your head with the Peverly/Wheeler trade.  P.C. makes only bad trades.

The only reasons for the recent success of his team comes from several draft picks acquired from years of misery. Thanks to Jacobs/O`Connell management.
    ( A perfect mixture of miserliness and incompetence. )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever:
    [QUOTE]In Response to After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever : Save the stats for baseball, Stanley. They don't translate nearly as well to hockey....

Recently those baseball stats don't trend for the Red Sox either.  Peverly will make his mark.  Kelly is still the mystery man.  As for Wheeler, good for him.  He should be Winnipeg next year.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Any trade subtracting Wheeler was a good trade, even if we got a bag of pucks in return.

I like Peverley, and he's a lot more useful than Wheeler was

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

OK OK Guys I will turn the page on Wheeler....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever:
    [QUOTE]2010-11 ATL 59 14 20 34 -16 35 27 35 6 6 1 1 2 161 .087    2010-11 BOS 19 2 2 4 -3 0 3 7 0 0 1 0 1 32 .063 Peverley 4 points and minus 3 with the B's Wheeler already 13 points with the Trashers 2010-11 ATL 19 5 8 13 1  and this is not to mention the importance of a D like Mark Stuart with the Trashers....... I just feel like crying when I think of this trade.....so sad Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Not a big fan of Wheeler but he has played better offensively with the Thrashers & Peverley has been worse offensively for the Bruins. This speaks to me of Juliens system. Guys with offensive talent on the Bs seem to be suffocated by Claudes system. It worked great in 2008/2009 season but teams & coaches have adjusted to it.

I would never trade a guy like krejci like some suggest without giving him the opportunity to play under a more offensive minded system with whomever the next coach would be. He is the guy that could really take off in another more offensive system.

That is what concerns me with Seguin being coached by Julien. The Bs lose the puck & then no attack. Get back in the neutral zone & attempt to create turnovers. Very frustrating & to this point effective in the regular season & uneffective come April.

Even Chris Kelly should have more then 2 assist in 20 games playing on the 3rd line. Julien is under the gun to go far in the playoffs this year & if he doesn't it is time to move on from him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I'll take tweedle Dee (Dauber) and Tweedle Dumb (CalltheDom) ignoring my comments and praising rejects like this original poster as the highest of high compliments.

Thanks, fellas.  Keep praising dummies. You look really smart doing that. lol

I find it incredible how many tools here engage actual trolls like this one, who start threads for attention, and the lash out at highly educated sports fans who know their material, because they were throttled off previous threads.

Do your homework, kids or don't expect the crap you throw at the wall to stick.

The Versteeg/Bochenski dea was clearly the worst of Chia's moves.  Unless you can name one that beats that, I'd focus on how inaccruate and troll-worthy this thread premise is.

Peverley at least strengthens the face off equation, which is arguably one of the more underrated aspects in the playoffs, especially at the end of games, and a key differentiator between playoff teams that can go deep and have good Special Teams.

Wheeler wasn't providing that here. 

Peverley is being asked to play 3rd line, a defensive line, while Wheeler is not in Atlanta.

The day little immature turds like Dauber and CalltheDom pretend they are more edcuated than myself is the day they actually graduate college.  lol

I mean, ugh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]OK OK Guys I will turn the page on Wheeler.... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

You need a hobby.  How old are you?  16?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

I never praised him, I have always just taken everything he says with a grain of salt...you however, are just worthless. You may very well be a highly educated sports fan, but you have made it abundantly clear that you know extremely little about hockey and the NHL. A lot of posters are pessimistic, or lash out, but they normally know what they're talking about, and bring something to the table. You don't. head back to the patriots forums please

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

How about acquiring Manny Fernandez?  An aging goaltender with a bad back and a cap hit of $4.33M for two years (when the cap was $10M and $5M lower than now) who (surprise!) only played 32 games.  Sure, Kalus was/is nothing, and the pick became... Alexander Fallstrom?  Who the Bruins have re-aquired?  Did I follow that paper trail right?  Anyways, having Fernandez on the books was just a big minus in my mind.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]I'll take tweedle Dee (Dauber) and Tweedle Dumb (CalltheDom) ignoring my comments and praising rejects like this original poster as the highest of high compliments. Thanks, fellas.  Keep praising dummies. You look really smart doing that. lol I find it incredible how many tools here engage actual trolls like this one, who start threads for attention, and the lash out at highly educated sports fans who know their material, because they were throttled off previous threads. Do your homework, kids or don't expect the crap you throw at the wall to stick. The Versteeg/Bochenski dea was clearly the worst of Chia's moves.  Unless you can name one that beats that, I'd focus on how inaccruate and troll-worthy this thread premise is. Peverley at least strengthens the face off equation, which is arguably one of the more underrated aspects in the playoffs, especially at the end of games, and a key differentiator between playoff teams that can go deep and have good Special Teams. Wheeler wasn't providing that here.  Peverley is being asked to play 3rd line, a defensive line, while Wheeler is not in Atlanta. The day little immature turds like Dauber and CalltheDom pretend they are more edcuated than myself is the day they actually graduate college.  lol I mean, ugh.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I know you take a lot of guff on this forum but I wish people would see past the personal and actually take a look at the merits of what's said.

This comment is spot-on and is sadly overlooked by many. Peverly is simply a better player than Wheeler ever would have been in Boston...more speed, better work ethic, very good on face-offs, and creates many more chances--which, as I said earlier, wears defenses and goalies down but doesn't translate to stats.

What Wheeler did was take up precious minutes of ice time coasting around, getting bumped off the puck by guys half his size and scoring the (very) occasional goal. I'll take Peverly any day over that.

(Lay off Stanley, though...he's a good guy and a rabid Bruins fan--he just has a weird non-sexual crush on Wheeler that he needs to get over ;-)

p.s. The Bochenski/Versteeg deal is so obviously PC's worst move of his tenure, it hardly warrants discussion much less debate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: After a few weeks we can now say that the Peverley trade is the worst PC's trade ever : nah, I sometimes read the topic and before reading everyone I post my comment. Saw it after. Cheers !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Its ok just playing, I do the same thing myself alot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I'm staring at my keyboard deciding to even spend one neuron addressing the ridiculous statements of the OP. Nah. Two cents though.. can Chia trading for someone that never plays a game for the team be considered the worst trade? (i.e. Soderberg)

Go B's!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

is BB tauting himself as a "highly educated sports fan"? that's a good one- he'll be here all week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The Versteeg/Bochenski dea was clearly the worst of Chia's moves.  Unless you can name one that beats that, I'd focus on how inaccruate and troll-worthy this thread premise is.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Derek Morris to Phoenix for a fourth round pick.  In the Versteeg trade, the B's ended up with the worse of the two AHLers, but no one could have known that when the deal was made.  In the Morris deal, they got nothing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

didn't that turn into a 3rd rounder when he re-signed? still though, not enough

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

I predict Wheeler is going to score 90 goals someday.

The only thing I'm not sure of is how many seasons it will take for him to do it.