AFTER WE TRADE KABERLE WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ON D?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: AFTER WE TRADE KABERLE WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ON D?

I'd rather talk about this than read through another doomsday post or TT/TK/Lucic/Chara/Krejci/Seguin-bashing thread.

Kaberle has played himself out of a sign-and-trade situation as most teams will simply wait for July to hit and then kick the tires. I have no problem if Boston wants to mentally slot him in the #5 role, which means an offer in the $2 - $2.5 mil range. Doesn't hurt to float it to him and see if he bites; I'll take Kabs as a third pairing D-man any day. I only do this because I don't think there's a better option out there to be had. All of those UFAs will be highly sought-after and it'll take a ransom to get them. Not sure it's worth it for any of those names, aside from Weber who isn't going anywhere.

If not Boston, agree that he would be a good fit in Detroit, where puck possession is key and Kaberle can use his skills as a #5 on that team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: AFTER WE TRADE KABERLE WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ON D?:
    Ryder will be also gone, Mark is gone,  and if the B-s are smart TT moves on to Philly or Wash. There's lotsa cash this summer to sign a big name or two.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS

Really not sure you get this whole business of trades and Signing UFA.
    You can't trade a UFA after you sign him for 1 yr.
    Why would you trade TT to a team that very likely could beat you out next yr in the playoffs? That is not a GENIUS move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

A friend of mine has made this suggestion. (notice how I but the blame on him if this goes bad)
    Get Campbell out of Chicago. I know it's a big contract and he doesn't get a lot of points, but he does play amazing D, and moves the puck so well. Not likely to happen, but I'd bet Chicago would make it very desirable to get rid of his salary hit.
    But ya, if you could get Webber, that is the guy. I was somewhat disappointed in his play in the Vancouver series. He didn't do much, point wise. Great on D, but not many point shots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickfromeastham. Show dickfromeastham's posts

what about Keith Yandle in Phoenix? I know he's RFA but could we get him?  do we want him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjstock. Show pjstock's posts

In Response to AFTER WE TRADE KABERLE WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ON D?:
    WEBER OR BIEKSA ARE MY TOP 2 OR DOES 6'7 VLADDY MAKE THE TEAM?
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS

Hal Gill looks like Ray Bourque compared to Kaberle, his value , maybe a bag of pucks, Kaberle is Heartless, never played a meaningful game in his career in Toronto, & as soon as he hit the pressure of playing under a microscope in boston & during the playoffs he has disapeared like whitey bulger

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Bieksa will definitely be overpaid this off season and I think Pitkanen is a turnover waiting to happen. Ehrhoff is intriguing. Landing Yandle or Weber will be next to impossible. I hear they could land a good young defenseman like Steve Kampfer. I like the idea of exploring a trade w/ Fla for Gudbranson- #9 + picks/prospects.

Maybe the Bruins can trade Kaberle's rights to LA for Doughty, Kopitar, and Bernier.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Kaberle isn't worth a dozen doughnuts. Besides, he's a UFA. After the way he's played here, I don't think the Bruins offer him anything. Yandle and Weber are studs and they aren't moving. Forget it. I personally think the job will be offered to someone young, cheap and already here, read: Kampfer. Not saying Kampfer's the best choice, but giving up Chara type money and a bunch of #1s to try and land Weber probably isn't going to happen. For that reason we're looking at a tier two type like Erhoff or Pitkanen, or someone internal like Bartkowski or Kampfer. Because the latter two are cheap and do not require parting with assets, the Bruins will try to give the job to one of them first, I think. Only if the Bruins really aren't comfortable with one of the youngsters taking a 3rd pairing D-role will Boston go shopping.

Sections
Shortcuts