Age/Money aside Thomas for Crosby would you do it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Re: Age/Money aside Thomas for Crosby would you do it?

Id say the Penguins would have to include Matt Cooke in the Deal so they could beat the tar out of him in practice then cut him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Okay, wait.  Put this another way because the Hart isn't for the best player, but the most valuable performance of the season.  So do you think a centre who scores 64 goals and 132 points is worth more or less than a goaltender with a 1.81 GAA and .945 Save% when it comes to winning the Stanley Cup?

If you did a league-wide VORP for the two, Crosby's currently worth 20 more goals (either scoring or assisting) than his nearest competitor, Stamkos (132-112), while Thomas is currently worth 23.78 fewer goals against than his nearest competitors, Varalmov/Quick.  If you take away history and hype, it sure looks like it's a very very close competition.  That everyone here takes Crosby in a heartbeat is at least in part proof that you score for show, defend for dough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Put the pipe down I love hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Good comparison Bookboy.  If you you throw out age/money and just ask who is more valuable for your team this season, statistcally it's actually pretty close.  Crosby's season has been remarkable and so has TT's.  I would take Crosby though, he is doing it with very little help.  TT benefits from an extremely good defensive system and the league's best shut down defensman.  Rask would be almost as good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Age/Money aside Thomas for Crosby would you do it?:
    [QUOTE]Good comparison Bookboy.  If you you throw out age/money and just ask who is more valuable for your team this season, statistcally it's actually pretty close.  Crosby's season has been remarkable and so has TT's.  I would take Crosby though, he is doing it with very little help.  TT benefits from an extremely good defensive system and the league's best shut down defensman.  Rask would be almost as good.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Don't tell the TT worshippers that Boston has a good D.As far as some are concerned,TT has done it entirely  on his own this year.I like TT but the fact is,it's a team game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Put the pipe down I love hockey.
    Posted by fordprefect[/QUOTE]

How come only the people with nothing to say write junk like this. Its a legit question and the debate from a few posters is interesting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Age/Money aside Thomas for Crosby would you do it? : How come only the people with nothing to say write junk like this. Its a legit question and the debate from a few posters is interesting.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    I wonder the same ILH.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

What if Thomas was 23 and producing at this level (meaning he had won a Vezina at age 21).
    That should make it a bit more interesting...
    It is like saying would you rather have Roy or Lemieux.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]first of all you will never see a crosby like player come to boston when they are in their prime!!  now if you want to see a crosby like player then you would need to wait until said player is 40 years old or just after catastrophic knee surgery!  this is the bruins way!
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,too bad they can't be last place for a few years(ala Pittsburgh)so they can make that happen  for you.Very crafty of Pittsburgh indeed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

See, my first thought was "Mario!!".  But...well...scoreboard.  4-2.  No telling how many more Mario would have if he'd been healthy, of course.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Age/Money aside Thomas for Crosby would you do it? : How come only the people with nothing to say write junk like this. Its a legit question and the debate from a few posters is interesting.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

If you have read my posts you will see that I have a lot to say.  However, Thomas for Crosby is just crack smoking nonsense.

Sections
Shortcuts