AHL Live

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

AHL Live

Has anyone here purchased AHL Live ? Are all the games available ?

I wanted to sign-up to watch P-Bruins games but the cost is $349 for all access and $199 for P-Bruins games only...compared to $169 for NHL Game Centre Live with access to every NHL games

At this cost, before signing-up I wanted to know if someone here has purchased AHL Live and what's your opinion on the product.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: AHL Live

I watched one game a la carte a few years ago.  (Portland vs. Hershey in the playoffs)  The quality was terrible.  I'm sure it's better now, but by how much I don't know.

Man, living in Florida is awesome 99% of the time.  That 1% is when I think of AHL hockey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Wow thats a rip off, i pay less for my NHL center ice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I watched one game a la carte a few years ago.  (Portland vs. Hershey in the playoffs)  The quality was terrible.  I'm sure it's better now, but by how much I don't know.

Man, living in Florida is awesome 99% of the time.  That 1% is when I think of AHL hockey.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info......... very helpfull for my decision; I will go with a la carte games every now and then at $6,99 pe game.

I also live in Florida 6 months a year (Marco Island)...... In my case it's because I'm old and retired......

Cheers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow thats a rip off, i pay less for my NHL center ice.

[/QUOTE]

At $349 it's a rip-off....... but with NHL Game center I pay $169 and watch only Bruins games.... so if I take the P-Bruins package only at $199, It's not that bad.....But I will go with a la carte games at $6.99 each

Cheers

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well i wished up here in Canada we could get ahl too.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I find that, even with NHL.com's Gamecentre Live, I'm able to watch about 1/3 games live either because of my schedule or because the game is televised nationally and so blocked.  Happened with the Rangers game last week and drove me up the wall.  I went with Gamecentre because I didn't want to pay for TSN - waste of money the way our cable packages are structured.  I'll probably get to see about 30 games live for about $160, so a little more than $5 a game.  I can also watch any other game I want, and I can go back and watch games days later if I want, so I guess that's more like $5 - (whatever value you put on that on-demand function and leaguewide games) = what I get for a dollar.

The difference for the AHL package has got to be economics 101, though - volume brings down the price per user, and there aren't enough users to make it viable at a comparable price.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I never get blacked out if a game up here, if the Bs are in ottawa or toronto i get the game if its blacked out on sportnet i get it on nhl. I miss having nesn when i had he american dish because some games are god awful from the announcers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't really care much for ahl prefer watching college hockey and juniors. The Ohl is quite exciting to watch 

Want to see more of connor and in the whl  never saw yet sam reinhart son of paul Who was a good dman. 

Anyone here but I doubt it know some about Jack eichel

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind giving up the QMJHL teams in the Maritimes if I could get back the AHL teams we used to have.  We were spoiled and we didn't know it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I wouldn't mind giving up the QMJHL teams in the Maritimes if I could get back the AHL teams we used to have.  We were spoiled and we didn't know it.

How far away are you from Lewiston? Lean pickings out East now for hockey - Just the Pirates, and then the IceCaps on the Rock.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to wallydouglas's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never get blacked out if a game up here, if the Bs are in ottawa or toronto i get the game if its blacked out on sportnet i get it on nhl. I miss having nesn when i had he american dish because some games are god awful from the announcers.

[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I miss the old dish system. Non NESN broadcasts are often painful. Internet radio can be your rescue though. I especially hate Ottawa braodcasts, Potvin is brutal. Almost everything he says is wrong or just stupid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I find that, even with NHL.com's Gamecentre Live, I'm able to watch about 1/3 games live either because of my schedule or because the game is televised nationally and so blocked.  Happened with the Rangers game last week and drove me up the wall.  I went with Gamecentre because I didn't want to pay for TSN - waste of money the way our cable packages are structured.  I'll probably get to see about 30 games live for about $160, so a little more than $5 a game.  I can also watch any other game I want, and I can go back and watch games days later if I want, so I guess that's more like $5 - (whatever value you put on that on-demand function and leaguewide games) = what I get for a dollar.

The difference for the AHL package has got to be economics 101, though - volume brings down the price per user, and there aren't enough users to make it viable at a comparable price.

[/QUOTE]

Whenever the games are blocked, I call their 1-800 number and tell them that I have no television and only watch games on the internet. With my IP address they unblock the game for me.

Cheers

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How far away are you from Lewiston? Lean pickings out East now for hockey - Just the Pirates, and then the IceCaps on the Rock.

[/QUOTE]

The Maniacs left in 2011.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Really what it depends on, Bo, is which city the game is broadcast from. Cities where the AHL team is real popular the reception is great. One thing you can always count on is the announcers are terrible. 

Most of the OHL, ive purchased, games have been great!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Did you mean Portland?  I'm seven hours away and if I'm down there, I'll drive the extra two hours to Boston and watch the Bruins.  Also, if I make it to Boston, I might be able to score some authentic BadHab game worn gloves.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What if you keep having guys like Crosby and mckinnon playing in the Q - would you v still want same

[/QUOTE]

Yup, they're the exception when it comes to QMJHL talent.  The majority of Junior players aren't good enough to play pro hockey.  The AHL is way better than the QMJHL.

Sections
Shortcuts