Air Canada Threatens NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TThomas30. Show TThomas30's posts

Air Canada Threatens NHL

http://bizofhockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=424:air-canada-threatens-to-pull-sponsorship-over-chara-ruling&catid=33:nhl-news&Itemid=51

This is starting to get really ridiculous...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Air Canada Threatens NHL

In Response to Air Canada Threatens NHL:

What a joke!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Bye bye Air Canada...you will not be missed by me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Yes I just posted this in another thread. And I've decided to withdraw my support of Air Canada. Their stewardesses are crabby anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I wonder if they will also have their name taken off the "air canada" center?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TThomas30. Show TThomas30's posts

I don't recall hearing anything about Air Canada and not liking violence when the Pens and Islanders had 300 penalty minutes in a game but a hab takes a bump and look out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

TThom -- If you didn't add the actual link to your post -- I would have thought you were kidding. Are these people smoking ground up hockey pucks or what?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

This is following several other incidents involving career-threatening and life-threatening headshots in the NHL recently."  read carefully before saying anything not only for hab's players!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Air Canada reportedly sent his letter to all six Canadian NHL governors. Vandal continued: "While we support countless sports, arts and community events, we are having difficulty rationalizing our sponsorship of hockey unless the NHL takes responsibily to protect both the players and the integrity of the game."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Yeah just like Parliament, though they all jump the gun when it is a freckkin scab laying on the ice.  The more notoriety this gets, the less I feel for the pondscum dobag Pac.  Karma is a beotch, noone deserves to be injured, but his little girl antics and his mouth precede him.  He is so hurt that he is able to call Bob Mac, and whine about a turnbuckle. I know Sav and Berg, that is the first thing they did was to call Bob when they were injured.

Goes to show that Pac was, is and always will be a db, and as the new age scab, he yaps instead of being a man.

The Rocket is rolling in his grave at the state of his beloved scabs. Less than 50% are Canadian and a total of 3 players are from La Belle Province, what a state of affairs. Riots must be in order.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Gee, no one wrote a letter to the League when Knuckles extracted all of Middleton's teeth with the butt end of his stick, just because he could, or when ChickenSwede took out Cam's knee ....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

A bunch Habs sent letters to all major sponsors threatening a boycott of their products, so the sponsors are writing these bogus letters to the governors.  Merely catering to the heartbleeding Habs fans so they don't lose money.  Boo hoo.  Go have another donut from Tim Hortons, you skirt wearing, wine drinking pansies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Air Canada is living off of subsidies from the Federal Government so really Canadian taxpayers are saving their money by not having a failing airline give their money away to a sports-league. A truly ignorant thing to do by a truly ignorant company.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Air Canada Threatens NHL:
    Yeah just like Parliament, though they all jump the gun when it is a freckkin scab laying on the ice.  The more notoriety this gets, the less I feel for the pondscum dobag Pac.  Karma is a beotch, noone deserves to be injured, but his little girl antics and his mouth precede him.  He is so hurt that he is able to call Bob Mac, and whine about a turnbuckle. I know Sav and Berg, that is the first thing they did was to call Bob when they were injured. Goes to show that Pac was, is and always will be a db, and as the new age scab, he yaps instead of being a man. The Rocket is rolling in his grave at the state of his beloved scabs. Less than 50% are Canadian and a total of 3 players are from La Belle Province, what a state of affairs. Riots must be in order.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

This has nothing to do with the Habs folks.  Be great if it were that simple.  It's about the public.  It's about posturing, politics and promotion.
    Whenever something turns into a "cause",... sensibility goes out the door.
    This Air Canada thing is a perfect example.
    Does anyone remeber Roy McMurtry?
     Unlike McMurtry, and his 70's self promotional crusade, the league itself drew attention to head injuries, and while trying to clean things up a bit...were also looking for validation, and a pat on the back from the rest of society.  The ensuing, and constant press, causes everyone to develop an opinion on the sport, including those that have no ability to form a reasonable one.

What started out as a move to curb "headshots", has evolved into a public expectation that severe disciplanary action is handed down every time a player is injured.  That's a huge problem.

Now the league is in a mess, cuz the hopelessly fickle, shallow, and uninformed winds of public opinion, are right in the middle of their sand box.(see Air Canada)

In order to properly oversee things, the NHL must look at every case individually, and make decisions as they go.  They can't possibly win, when the critics are of the majority, and most posess an "ambulance chasing lawyer" mentality.

The league, the refs, and the players, don't really understand what to do.  The public, doesn't have a clue, but it's a golden opportunity for the hockey haters, pacifists, etc...all those who like to balyhoo, to jump up on their soapbox, and it's the lottery for sportswriters, and tv talking heads whose livelihood depends on stirring the pot.

This type of thing is only gonna get uglier.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Pointless.  Even if Chara were to be suspended along with the entire Isles and Pens teams, that would not prevent future injuries.

It's a contact sport.  It is well within the realm of possibility if someone became a quadraplegic after a clean legit hockey hit, football tackle or for that matter sliding into home plate?

In a contact sport such things are possible, in golf or chess I would be shocked and amazed at a broken neck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I agree "jmwalters" where were these clowns when Patrice Bergeron or Marc Savard were concussed.I also saw a story on the local news were these idiots are calling the local police stations in Montreal demanding Chara be charged with sum kind of bogus charges.Where was their outrage when Guy Lafluer was driving his 21yr old son to meet with his 14 yr old girlfriend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

How about this.  I will suspend myself from this board for 7 games  if we can just stop talking about this. 

Was it an unfortunate incident.  Yes it was.   The media wants to sell papers. 

If they gave him a few games big deal.  I would have been fine either way. 

Its a contact sport, I wish Max a speedy recovery.  Let's move on and play some hockey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FUhabs. Show FUhabs's posts

Good bye Air Canada, don't let the door hit you in your arzz on your way out...
    What a joke..you better follow through on your words cause I'm one of the freguent flyers...am already cancel your flight next week...!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

How about this.  I will suspend myself from this board for 7 games  if we can just stop talking about this.  Was it an unfortunate incident.  Yes it was.   The media wants to sell papers.  If they gave him a few games big deal.  I would have been fine either way.  Its a contact sport, I wish Max a speedy recovery.  Let's move on and play some hockey.
    Posted by shuperman

I agree Shupe. I will stop posting on "Chara-Max-Hit" threads if you will, starting now....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jean041. Show jean041's posts

BREAKING NEWS
    The Quebec government has announced that the minister of security will launch a inquiry on the Chara-Paciotty incident.

Jean-Jacques Gélinas
    Quebec city Canada

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This is going too far.  In my office ,  where Air Canada is big player in the work I do I cannot talk about Chara-Pac hit. 
    Everyone is just to bias and emotional it's ridiculous . If the topic comes up and I'm not saying Chara should have been suspended for 3 4 5 games then it's best I shy away and not say anything at all. It's really big in here.

Now let's talk about AirCanada a little ;  They're to talk about being politically correct after what they announced this week ?  It's so un ethical what they are doing to Porter airlines,  they're trying to put them out of buisness now flying into the only airport Porter flew into (Toronto City Airport).

Only problem in Canada there are only 2 airlines so they're very hard to boycott when you need to travel with the country.  We don't have the open sky system as you have in the U.S. 

Excuse me if I bored you guys/gals with this rant. Solely the views of Bs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This is going too far.  In my office ,  where Air Canada is big player in the work I do I cannot talk about Chara-Pac hit.  Everyone is just to bias and emotional it's ridiculous . If the topic comes up and I'm not saying Chara should have been suspended for 3 4 5 games then it's best I shy away and not say anything at all. It's really big in here. Now let's talk about AirCanada a little ;  They're to talk about being politically correct after what they announced this week ?  It's so un ethical what they are doing to Porter airlines,  they're trying to put them out of buisness now flying into the only airport Porter flew into (Toronto City Airport). Only problem in Canada there are only 2 airlines so they're very hard to boycott when you need to travel with the country.  We don't have the open sky system as you have in the U.S.  Excuse me if I bored you guys/gals with this rant. Solely the views of Bs.
    Posted by BsLegion

Looks like Air Canada is trying a little deflection and it seems to be working.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

This is going too far.  In my office ,  where Air Canada is big player in the work I do I cannot talk about Chara-Pac hit.  Everyone is just to bias and emotional it's ridiculous . If the topic comes up and I'm not saying Chara should have been suspended for 3 4 5 games then it's best I shy away and not say anything at all. It's really big in here. Now let's talk about AirCanada a little ;  They're to talk about being politically correct after what they announced this week ?  It's so un ethical what they are doing to Porter airlines,  they're trying to put them out of buisness now flying into the only airport Porter flew into (Toronto City Airport). Only problem in Canada there are only 2 airlines so they're very hard to boycott when you need to travel with the country.  We don't have the open sky system as you have in the U.S.  Excuse me if I bored you guys/gals with this rant. Solely the views of Bs.
    Posted by BsLegion

Legion,

If you can give me a couple of details on the Porter Airlines situation, and a link to more info (news story, etc), I can have someone post an article about it on a news site with a massive readership.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by BsLegion

Yea poor Porter. They were/are making money even when their planes are flying at 50% capacity. A/C already has an airline that competes with them very well. They're not going to allow another. And with the Gov't having so much money tied into Air Canada, they won't allow too many airlines get in the way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

wait canada has an airline? what next? your going to tell me they have a major league baseball team or something ludicrous 

Sections
Shortcuts