Ales Hemsky

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Ales Hemsky

I still find this trade doable.  He's UFA @ 4.1. I think we could sign him for the same coin.
    The Oilers won't have much room in it's Cap space with the young talent that will need resigning.
    Oilers want Dmen. Bruins have some some young talent coming which we could part.
    Oilers will want a goalie, with the BerlinWall burning out and only Dubnyk as a starter and nothing on the farm. I don't want to part with Rask, but ?
    Oilers and Bruins have a history of doing trades.
    He would look very good with any one of our top lines. I know he has had some injuries, but I really do like his speed and his hands. Good hockey sense.
    The possible variations that the Bruins could put together would make the Oilers interested.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Ales Hemsky

Injuries are already an issue for us. No thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

sorry Stuke, but Rask and Hemsky in the same sentence just doesn't sound right....

Hemsky isn't what the B'S need....  he plays a soft game and is more of a playmaker than scorer....

plus chances are even money that he gets injured even before the playoffs begin....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It would not take Rask to get Hemsky. Probably wouldnt take anyone off the current roster to do it. I think he'd look good here for the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ales Hemsky:
    [QUOTE]It would not take Rask to get Hemsky. Probably wouldnt take anyone off the current roster to do it. I think he'd look good here for the playoffs.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Me too Kel and I think a pick and a prospect would do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Berge37. Show Berge37's posts

We don't need another playmaker, we need a scorer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I dunno... having watched this guy a lot over the past couple of years, it seems like: a) he's always either coming off an injury, or playing with some nagging onging  issue;  and b) he plays very soft. (softer than the Sedins!! ) Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

if we're going after talented underachievers i'd rather roll the dice on Alex Semin instead....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]I dunno... having watched this guy a lot over the past couple of years, it seems like: a) he's always either coming off an injury, or playing with some nagging onging  issue;  and b) he plays very soft. (softer than the Sedins!! )
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

I doubt that's possible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ales Hemsky : I doubt that's possible.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]
    You're right Ron, it isn't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

You only make this deal if it costs us a 2nd rounder in 2013 and a prospect.  1st rounder no.  Hamilton/Spooner no.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Rask to the Oilers sounds much too much like Ranford to the Oilers and the Bruins contributing to a dynasty.

I wouldn't be horribly bothered if they traded Rask for the right price of course, just not to the Oilers.  Don't bring that memory back to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiz33. Show chiz33's posts

Sorry but Rask almost sounds like Ranford(at least the first two letters are the same) and we know how that trade worked out for us a couple of years later.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Okay lets make this perfectly clear, Rask to Edmonton with Ales Hemsky coming back will NEVER happen. If Rask goes to Edmonton, either Ryan Whitney is coming back in a package or it's straight up for Jordan Eberle.

Funny, couple of days ago Rask is being blamed for the team not scoring goals, now we can't trade him because he'll be Bill Ranford episode II

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Talent wise, hemsky is one of the best in this league. but to be honest, I'd much rather have him at the start of the season than towards the end. I've always thought he's shown amazing potential (top 10 potential) but he just seems disinterested.... kinda like Kovalev.... I would like to have him, just don't give up much for him.

PC would be hung for that trade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The reason talks for Nash stopped between Bruin's and CBJ is because Rask will not be traded and now we're talking Hemsky ? Not going to happen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ales Hemsky : You're right Ron, it isn't.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many Art Ross Trophies Hemsky's won?... hmmm...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hemsky on the Bruins for the playoffs ? Why do people fall in love with these type of players ? I'd prefer a grinder who works hard with grit for the playoffs over someone who tippy-toes around the ice surface. A Kaberle clone at forward . Please Pete , look elsewhere !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Hemsky is soft, fragile, stats never equaled his hype, and any player named Alice is just not a good fit for the B's. I can't imagine the B's will offer the best package anyway as other teams will be interested because he does have speed and hands. In an expiring contract season I'm sure he would love a fresh start on a new playoff bound team to strut his stuff. All depends on Horton? If he B's are seriously considering shutting Horton down for the year then they will need a top 6 replacement. Hemsky could fit he bill.....? But would prefer Whitney or other. If Horton and Pev will be ready for the playoffs then weather the storm.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Semin is a top 10 talent in the NHL, when he's willing to play.

Hemsky is talented, but not as good as Semin...and he's hurt every other month.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

I wouldn't mind trying to pry away Linus Omark from Edmonton. He's doesn't have a spot in that young roster but has really good hands and can score. Boston wouldn't need to break the bank to get him either...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

She asked me why the winger's name is Ales

I said listen, baby, your really wouldn't understand....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Ales, Ales, who the F* is Ales?!?  I would take him on the team as a spare, but only if the trade cost was cheap. I wouldn't re-sign him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I base this on nothing but gossip and innuendo, but I think Tambellini doesn't like Linus Omark - enough that he will not trade him for anything short of a sock-knocker of a deal.  He wants to break him in the AHL or send him crying back to Europe.  Omark acts like a punk - reminds me of another recent Edmonton prospect, Robbie Schremp - but he's slick.  Who knows if he has the ability to be a complete player or even a consistent scorer in the NHL?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

His name is Ales, alls I think of is Wonderland. F this guy. No soft sissies who get hurt tying their shoes. Go after Bryan Allen in Carolina for D man and try and steal someone like PA Parenteau from the Islanders or Jason Pommenville from the Sabres or RJ Umberger or Vinny Prospal from Columbus. Someone who can put the puck in the net and who would fit in with this group.