Ales Hemsky

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

Re: Ales Hemsky

Good points, Bookboy.

I can't imagine that Tambellini has it out that bad for the kid but maybe. All I know is he'd sure look pretty slick with DK or Seguin. He shouldn't cost a mint and would be a better fill in then what we're grabbing currently from Prov. Besides, you can always teach a kid how to backcheck. You can't teach hands...See Dan "Breakaway-a-game" Paille.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I agree Hemsky is injury prone player. I would rather see Smyth put on a temporary Bruins jersey he is the complete opposite of Hemsky tough, playoff player, gritty, scores those important goals and can be on PP PK can play on 1st 2nd 3rd line duties Ryan will be the missing link he can do the job that Rechhi and Ryder did wrap into one.

The last I heard is Smyth will not leave Edmonton that is home but can the Bruins deal for him and trade him back to Edm before July 1st. What is the UFA rule for July 1st are UFA's still tradable before July 1st.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

This guy is a joke. Do you people know hockey? Saku Koivu would be a much better move...cheap....reliable...winner

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No one out there fluent in Alice Cooper?!  Really?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Yes, but this guy is more like Alice in Wonderland.

In Response to Re: Ales Hemsky:
    [QUOTE]No one out there fluent in Alice Cooper?!  Really?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm too into Smokie to care about Cooper.

[QUOTE]No one out there fluent in Alice Cooper?!  Really?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I can't wait for Feb 27 3 p.m. for all of the rumors and speculation to be over and done with.  And I'd much rather evaluate trades than fantasize about them.  Why do all these GM's wait until the last second to pull the trigger?  Do they all take a long weekend and start using the phone Monday morning?  Are the phone rates cheaper or something? 

I want to see some action. 

I want to see some action NOW.

I want to see some big time action.  I want to see Kessel and Schenn to CBJ for Nash.  A deal like that would tide me over until Monday easy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The B's should go all in on Troy Brouwer... This guy is a monster and would make Neely do a sinister chuckle every time he hits someone.  We don't need costly pansies like Hemsky or Semin. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I hear you!  This year teams are really pushing it to the deadline.  I guess it will make deadline day actually fun.  With a real star like Nash in play it could be the best one in a while.

[QUOTE]I can't wait for Feb 27 3 p.m. for all of the rumors and speculation to be over and done with.  And I'd much rather evaluate trades than fantasize about them.  Why do all these GM's wait until the last second to pull the trigger?  Do they all take a long weekend and start using the phone Monday morning?  Are the phone rates cheaper or something?  I want to see some action.  I want to see some action NOW. I want to see some big time action.  I want to see Kessel and Schenn to CBJ for Nash.  A deal like that would tide me over until Monday easy.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I hear you!  This year teams are really pushing it to the deadline.  I guess it will make deadline day actually fun.  With a real star like Nash in play it could be the best one in a while. In Response to Re: Ales Hemsky :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I just want one really stupid deal (not involving the Bruins, or at least not having the Bruins on the stupid side) to tide me over until Monday.  That's all I ask for.  Is that too much?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

If we get a guy named Alice, can we get a boy named Sue, too?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Ales won't be traded. Edmonton has him in chains.

[QUOTE]If we get a guy named Alice, can we get a boy named Sue, too?
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

[QUOTE]If we get a guy named Alice, can we get a boy named Sue, too?

Only if it's from a dude named Shel

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Ales won't be traded. Edmonton has him in chains. In Response to Re: Ales Hemsky :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

That's even worse than a Jeremy Lin pun.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I can't wait for Feb 27 3 p.m. for all of the rumors and speculation to be over and done with.  And I'd much rather evaluate trades than fantasize about them.  Why do all these GM's wait until the last second to pull the trigger?  Do they all take a long weekend and start using the phone Monday morning?  Are the phone rates cheaper or something?  I want to see some action.  I want to see some action NOW. I want to see some big time action.  I want to see Kessel and Schenn to CBJ for Nash.  A deal like that would tide me over until Monday easy.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should take a sabbatical like the-almighty-one. Of course, a temper tantrum is needed before you do so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

yeah Bad Hab, I need another trade.. this whole deadline has been a tease.

Im still crossing my fingers for Hemsky... he's a risk, but we won't have to break the bank for him and he could be a great fit next to Krejci and Lucic.

I'm getting sick of this picture......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Tell me if I'm missing something.  This guy seems exactly like Wheeler.  Perfect name for it too, Alice.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

he's nothing like wheeler? they honestly have exact opposite play-styles.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

IWheeler might be a pretty good fit.  Makes as much sense as Ryder

n Response to Re: Ales Hemsky:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ales Hemsky : he's nothing like wheeler? they honestly have exact opposite play-styles.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Pete Chiarelli is going for the Ian Hawke of Alvin and the Chipmunks look...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

That one was an attempt at humour after the game the other nite mattc.  This whole Ryder thing is ridiculous.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ales Hemsky : Neither of them would be easy to bring in because their teams aren't looking to trade them.  Ryder produces in the playoffs, Wheeler doesn't.  Ryder, while being an airhead, has ice water running through his veins.  Wheeler is a wuss.  Ryder is a much better fit.  I usually agree with you, but on this one you are way off.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
    • Ales Hemsky agrees to contract with Oilers. 2 years, $10 mil total.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Olivier Roy is no longer the blue chip goaltender prospect, your right. They have no goaltending prospects if he doesn't come around. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ales Hemsky : That's even worse than a Jeremy Lin pun.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I can better that.

I don't watch many Oilers games.  Maybe if I seeAles I would get excited.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ales Hemsky : Maybe you should take a sabbatical like the-almighty-one. Of course, a temper tantrum is needed before you do so.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Oh, is that why and where he went?  That warms me up to trade talk a little bit anyway.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Ales Hemsky:[QUOTE]Darren Dreger ‏ @ DarrenDreger Ales Hemsky agrees to contract with Oilers. 2 years, $10 mil total. Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Seriously Tambellini ? Hemsky has never gotten more than 23 goals in a season, once had more than 70 points, has 5 goals in 47 games as of tonight and he would have gotten $5M per on the open market?!?!

Mind boggling...

Sections
Shortcuts