Alex Khoklochev...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Alex Khoklochev...

Is this the Bruins prospect that we are forgetting about, this will be my pick for the player to watch this World Juniors ( being a bruins fan). Just turn 18 lots of grid, can score goals, still little small in size but plays big. Knight did not make team USA, Hamilton I am not worry about his butterfly nerves are gone now.

I will also be watching the kids that play for a local team that I am a fan of the Icedogs.

World Junior hockey is a great hockey entertainment and may the best country prevail.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Alex Khoklochev...

Agreed.  Can't wait to watch this kid in the tourney.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

TSN is broadcasting a replay of the Canada/Sweden game from last night.  I hope they do this throughout the tourney.

Correct me if I am wrong, the only two B's prospects are Hamilton and Koko?
    Anyone else?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Did Spooner not make it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Alex Khoklochev...:
    [QUOTE]Did Spooner not make it?
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]
    He's got mono.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Spooner has Mono so a no go major bummer, Knight told Dean Blais and the US Hockey to shove it he's working on his hockey game with the London Knights and Ferlin was just recently cut by the US another Blais mistake as was his being assigned this coaching position.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Alex Khoklochev...:
    [QUOTE]Is this the Bruins prospect that we are forgetting about, this will be my pick for the player to watch this World Juniors ( being a bruins fan). Just turn 18 lots of grid, can score goals, still little small in size but plays big. Knight did not make team USA, Hamilton I am not worry about his butterfly nerves are gone now. I will also be watching the kids that play for a local team that I am a fan of the Icedogs. World Junior hockey is a great hockey entertainment and may the best country prevail.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

Well, after the Russians repeat, if you had forgotten about him it'll be kind of hard to forget about the teams leading goal scorer.  Yes, that's a prediction.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Alex Khoklochev... : Well, after the Russians repeat, if you had forgotten about him it'll be kind of hard to forget about the teams leading goal scorer.  Yes, that's a prediction.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

A very good possibility. Strong lineup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Khoklochev... : A very good possibility. Strong lineup.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Even without Kabanov......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wasn't this year's Russian tour meant to be basically the WJHC lineup?  And didn't they get mushed?  I only saw one of the games.  To be honest, they controlled the puck for ages whenever they had possession, but couldn't stop the OHL allstars from scoring when they didn't have possession.  Sound familiar?

I can't predict another Canadian gag-fest handing the Russians the title.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Wasn't this year's Russian tour meant to be basically the WJHC lineup?  And didn't they get mushed?  I only saw one of the games.  To be honest, they controlled the puck for ages whenever they had possession, but couldn't stop the OHL allstars from scoring when they didn't have possession.  Sound familiar? I can't predict another Canadian gag-fest handing the Russians the title.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I counted 10 Russian players and a goalie who were on the team in Ottawa who didn't make the WJHC roster . So I would say about half of the players who played that night made the team. The other game I didn't bother with.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

koko is probably my second favorite draftee of the last two years (after Knight), I'm not forgetting him. Should be very fun to watch.

In Response to Alex Khoklochev...:
    [QUOTE]Is this the Bruins prospect that we are forgetting about, this will be my pick for the player to watch this World Juniors ( being a bruins fan). Just turn 18 lots of grid, can score goals, still little small in size but plays big. Knight did not make team USA, Hamilton I am not worry about his butterfly nerves are gone now. I will also be watching the kids that play for a local team that I am a fan of the Icedogs. World Junior hockey is a great hockey entertainment and may the best country prevail.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

He got the only goal in Russia's game against the Swiss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]He got the only goal in Russia's game against the Swiss.
    Posted by Babajingo[/QUOTE]

???  They scored 3 goals .  Maybe you meant to say he scored the only goal needed to win ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Lars Volden is on team Norway:
    http://www.puckworlds.com/2010/12/20/1886395/u20-world-junior-championships-preview-team-norway

[QUOTE]TSN is broadcasting a replay of the Canada/Sweden game from last night.  I hope they do this throughout the tourney. Correct me if I am wrong, the only two B's prospects are Hamilton and Koko? Anyone else?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Khoklochev... : ???  They scored 3 goals .  Maybe you meant to say he scored the only goal needed to win ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Oops. I must have looked at the score after the first period. 

That roster is for 2010, in reference to Volden (I think).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Hmm... I'd heard he was supposed to be there this year. I'll have to look later.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Khoklochev... : Oops. I must have looked at the score after the first period.  That roster is for 2010, in reference to Volden (I think).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Khoklochev... : Oops. I must have looked at the score after the first period.  That roster is for 2010, in reference to Volden (I think).

That article is from 2010.

Volden was far and away the overall worst player at camp, totally out of his league.

They were scrimmaging for like 20 minutes, score was 0-0.  Then they put Volden in and they scored like 4 5 or 6 in about 5 minutes.  I don't believe he stopped a single shot. 

I saw nothing out of this kid, he didn't seem quick, he didn't seem athletic, and

...  drumroll for Chowda ...

didn't skate very well.  He couldn't move around he crease without deliberate effort.

This youtube clip of him is infamous.  He lost the puck and inadvertantly kicked it off the goal line.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVwujvzCpCA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Khoklochev... : That article is from 2010. Volden was far and away the overall worst player at camp, totally out of his league. They were scrimmaging for like 20 minutes, score was 0-0.  Then they put Volden in and they scored like 4 5 or 6 in about 5 minutes.  I don't believe he stopped a single shot.  I saw nothing out of this kid, he didn't seem quick, he didn't seem athletic, and ...  drumroll for Chowda ... didn't skate very well.  He couldn't move around he crease without deliberate effort. This youtube clip of him is infamous.  He lost the puck and inadvertantly kicked it off the goal line. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVwujvzCpCA
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I always look forward to your player evaluations:

Spooner: Lady Byng ( soft player )
    Knight:   cripple ? ( diabetes )
    Camara: can't skate ( BH's expertise )

From Hockey's Futures with a different view on his abilities with no mention of.......drumroll....... bad skating : 

Talent Analysis

Volden is a big, talented butterfly goalie. Like most products of the FInnish system, Volden’s technique is excellent; he moves well laterally and gets square to shooters to quickly, he covers a lot of net by keeping his chest upright even when he’s down on his knees. He has quick feet and hands, especially his glove hand. Very calm and poised in the net, but there are questions about his mental toughness.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Khoklochev... : I always look forward to your player evaluations: Spooner: Lady Byng ( soft player ) Knight:   cripple ? ( diabetes ) Camara: can't skate ( BH's expertise ) From Hockey's Futures with a different view on his abilities with no mention of.......drumroll....... bad skating :  Talent Analysis Volden is a big, talented butterfly goalie. Like most products of the FInnish system, Volden’s technique is excellent; he moves well laterally and gets square to shooters to quickly, he covers a lot of net by keeping his chest upright even when he’s down on his knees. He has quick feet and hands, especially his glove hand. Very calm and poised in the net, but there are questions about his mental toughness.

The article is wrong.

He's not a product of the Finnish system, he's a Norwegian.

He moved to the Finnish team in 2010-2011, earlier in the profile it even said that, contradicting itself.  I would hardly call one year of Finnish hockey a product of the system.

He was horrible and very much out of place at camp.  I was even checking to see if it was really him, I thought they brought in a high school goalie because they were short a body.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Ummm , I think they know he's Norwegian who by a matter of coincidence plays in a Finnish league. Thus the Finnish product comment. A small piece of wording you might have misconstrued. Does that mean the talent evaluation is wrong ? How many other Lars Volden's who play goalie did the Bruins draft that year ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Ummm , I think they know he's Norwegian who by a matter of coincidence plays in a Finnish league. Thus the Finnish product comment. A small piece of wording you might have misconstrued. Does that mean the talent evaluation is wrong ? How many other Lars Volden's who play goalie did the Bruins draft that year ?

OK, fine, wording I misconstrued.  I've seen the kid play.  He was struggling taking warm up shots.

Zane Gothberg was much better, and he was a high school goalie when he went to camp.

OK, Knight and Spooner are Bruins now, so I'm in their corner.  Wheatskins introduced me to Knight's parents (or was it Spooner's?) at camp.

But if we go back in time way way back to the draft, I said I liked McFarland and Toffoli over Knight and Spooner.  If it were all to be done again, I'd still like to have seen the other 2 guys.

Yes - mistakes were made on my part, but mostly on the side of the guys I hadn't seen yet.  Kabanov most noteworthy, but in my defense there was no truth in advertising about Kiril, no way no how was he the 185 lbs. or 190 they claimed he was back then.  At the rookie game he looked like a weed even with all his stuff on.

Sections
Shortcuts