Alexander Khokhlachev

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Alexander Khokhlachev

47 points in 26 games for Windsor,is he a player you consider trading,at deadline for  a veteran player,probably just a rental player,I don't think i would do it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Alexander Khokhlachev

Never.  Not for any rental.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Never.  Not for any rental.

I think i would have to agree with you,and i can't see Bruins getting anyone but a rental player,because they won't have cap space next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Depends on the rental and Khokhlachev's intentions. If you think he is likely to bolt to the KHL at the slightest provocation then, yeah, you unload him for someone who can help win this team a cup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Depends on the rental and Khokhlachev's intentions. If you think he is likely to bolt to the KHL at the slightest provocation then, yeah, you unload him for someone who can help win this team a cup.

Yes i guess but don't no why he would have left to come back to junior.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Yes i guess but don't no why he would have left to come back to junior.

Nor did I understand why Radulov came back last season just to return to the KHL. The last Russian forward the B's expended resourses on was Zinoviev who came over for a cup of coffee and promptly returned to the motherland....set a bad precedent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Yeah, but Koko bolted from the KHL to North America this year. Seems like Koko wants North America.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Are you kidding?  Right now, Khokhlachev is a lighting it up on a bad team.  Seth Griffith has scored just as effectively all season on a much more competitive team, but I haven't seen anyone say he's untouchable.  If Anaheim said Khokhlachev, Tommy Cross and a first to rent Perry for the playoffs, you do that deal because you're adding a Hart-calibre player for a playoff run without subtracting anything from you lineup.

Anaheim would not be so stupid, but if they were, you'd be even more stupid not to jump and run to the fax machine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

Yeah, but Koko bolted from the KHL to North America this year. Seems like Koko wants North America.

He originally went from the ohl to the khl and promptly returned. Can you honestly tell me what his intentions are? They seem all over the map.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Are you kidding?  Right now, Khokhlachev is a lighting it up on a bad team.  Seth Griffith has scored just as effectively all season on a much more competitive team, but I haven't seen anyone say he's untouchable.  If Anaheim said Khokhlachev, Tommy Cross and a first to rent Perry for the playoffs, you do that deal because you're adding a Hart-calibre player for a playoff run without subtracting anything from you lineup.

Anaheim would not be so stupid, but if they were, you'd be even more stupid not to jump and run to the fax machine.

No prospect is untouchable in my opinion......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

He originally went from the ohl to the khl and promptly returned. Can you honestly tell me what his intentions are? They seem all over the map.

To me it looks like Koko thought the grass was greener in Russia, went there from North America, it was not, therefore came back to North America.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

47 points in 26 games for Windsor,is he a player you consider trading,at deadline for  a veteran player,probably just a rental player,I don't think i would do it.

NO WAY! This guy is gonna be a great offensive talent

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

DO NOT TRADE KOKO .....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

To me it looks like Koko thought the grass was greener in Russia, went there from North America, it was not, therefore came back to North America.

And when a KHL team offers him a lucrative contract (much bigger than his EL) will he simply bolt back to the KHL? This is the issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Bookboy I disagree. I would only do a deal that could take some solid prospects away if I'm getting more than a rental. The team doesn't need Perry. He doesn't fit and forcing him to could do more harm than good regardless of the talent level.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Koko ditched a lot of money to play in junior. He's not ditching for the K. I wouldn't give up on this kid unless it's a huge return. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Koko ditched a lot of money to play in junior. He's not ditching for the K. I wouldn't give up on this kid unless it's a huge return. 

Define "huge return."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

And when a KHL team offers him a lucrative contract (much bigger than his EL) will he simply bolt back to the KHL? This is the issue.

With Russians there is always the risk you speak of and it's hard to say. A lot of it also depends on personal reasons.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

With Russians there is always the risk you speak of and it's hard to say. A lot of it also depends on personal reasons.

Exactly. I am not dispariging the fact that he is Russian, just pointing out that there is usually an added elment of risk involved. PC needs to be sure of his intentions and act accordingly...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You're talking about a second round pick who, in his only pro experience, put up mediocre numbers in the KHL on his dad's team.  You'd be trading him for a former 50 goal scorer, a perennial 30+ goal sniper who has a history with Bergeron from the WJHC (let's get that line together again...who was that third guy?).  Like the Kaberle deal, where the Bruins gave up a former first rounder, you're giving up nothing from your current roster and bringing in something you need.  Heartbeat.

Same logic if it's not Perry but Clarkson or some other guy who could be a difference maker in the playoffs.  You don't deal a guy you think will be a top six forward for Jeff Halpern, sure, but there are a host of guys who can't be had unless you deal an intriguing prospect.  AK is one of the two the Bruins have.  If you don't want them to trade him, then you shoudn't be looking for the Bruins to make a trade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Most prospects don't turn into NHL players.  If a deal needs to be done, do it.

Last year, Knight was "untouchable".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

if we're moving him in a trade for iginla or perry i'm okay with it. for a guy like clowe or something i'm not. 

fyi, his return to junior coincided with the lockout ending. I think he wanted to be able to go to providence at years end. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Corrrect and if a KHL team throws the money his way again KoKo will bolt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As for his numbers - remember the goofy stats Yannick Riendeau had that made everyone want to trade Ryder and slot him into Ryder's spot?  Yea....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

You're talking about a second round pick who, in his only pro experience, put up mediocre numbers in the KHL on his dad's team.  You'd be trading him for a former 50 goal scorer, a perennial 30+ goal sniper who has a history with Bergeron from the WJHC (let's get that line together again...who was that third guy?).  Like the Kaberle deal, where the Bruins gave up a former first rounder, you're giving up nothing from your current roster and bringing in something you need.  Heartbeat.

How is Joe "can't miss" Colbourne doing anyway? Bud fans don't talk about him very much any more...