Alexandrov to the K

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Alexandrov to the K

In Response to Re: Alexandrov to the K:
    In Response to Re: Alexandrov to the K : Alexandrov knows what to expect and what he needs to work on; whether he does, and improves, we'll see, but at least he knows the parameters. It's a better situation for him to be in Russia considering the logjam of prospects the Bruins will have in Providence, as he won't have to worry about getting enough ice time. He does have talent and it takes some guts to come to the U.S. and live on your own (as opposed to a junior player who has a billet family for support), so I'll give him credit for that. It's a very, very difficult transition. I don't think Chiarelli has washed his hands of him, so neither will I. We'll see what happens.
    Posted by duinne

Look, I hope you're right and I have been high on Alexandrov for a while.

But I don't buy this "logjam in Providence" at all.  That's great they have a logjam, and if you can't compete with 8 AHL prospects for playing time, what's the hope in competing for an NHL job?  The best way to get to the NHL is to show that you are one of the best among the AHL logjam, not to shy away from competition for a spot on a minor league team.

Like I said, I hope it works out, but I don't buy for a second that the best route to the NHL for Alexandrov is through St. Petersburg, Russia.  That strikes me as polite Chiarelli spin on a prospect who has been degraded significantly.

Prove me wrong, Yuri.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

chaulk him up as a loss and not because he's going back to Russia but for his inability to play defense. a 2nd rnd swing and a miss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JLEO25. Show JLEO25's posts

" Yuri Alexandrov , the 37th overall pick in the 2006 draft by Boston, will play for St. Petersburg of the KHL this season. The Bruins recently assigned the defenseman to St. Petersburg, and the process is expected to be finalized shortly. Alexandrov will have two years remaining on his entry-level NHL contract if he wishes to return Stateside. Last year, in his first season of North American hockey, Alexandrov had 6 goals and 13 assists in 66 games for Providence. This year, the farm club will be stocked with defensemen, such as Andrew Bodnarchuk , Matt Bartkowski , Colby Cohen , David Warsofsky , and Ryan Button . A crowded blue line could have affected Alexandrov’s development had he stayed in Providence. “We felt he would be better served developing over there,’’ said Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli . “They’ve got a good team in St. Petersburg. I think he improved. He acclimated in his time in Providence. He stalled a bit at the end. We’re willing to have him develop over there.’’ So it looks like PC approved the move, not that he could have stopped it, and has no problem with Alexandrov playing in the KHL for a couple years. Does anyone remember a player going to Europe in the middle of their development then returning to the AHL or NHL after ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Rafalski

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Sandog,
    I believe PC could have blocked it, the NHL and KHL reached an agreement this summer to stop poaching players under contract from the other league..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sandog, I believe PC could have blocked it, the NHL and KHL reached an agreement this summer to stop poaching players under contract from the other league..Posted by rolerhoky19

It works for PC he doesn't have to pay Alexandrov and still retains his rights...

PS. Imagine the package the Bs could get for Soderberg and Alexandrov LoL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Alexandrov to the K : It works for PC he doesn't have to pay Alexandrov and still retains his rights... PS. Imagine the package the Bs could get for Soderberg and Alexandrov LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

That being said, I would think this signals the bruins are probably giving up on him, unless he starts to relaly break through.. He was drafted (as well as others) in pursuit of the "puck moving D man, not for his overall package, and I am guessing the bruins haven't seen enough at this point to think that he's got it.

He can play there and if he improves enough to crack the roster they can talk to him, but I doubt they are holding out much hope if they are ok letting him go over knowing they cant recall him at all during the season.

Sections
Shortcuts