Alexei Ponikarovsky

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Re: Alexei Ponikarovsky

I am satisfied with being one point out of first in the conference with two games in hand.  Why aren't you?

[/QUOTE]

Because being one point out of first place has nothing to do with winning the stanley cup.  The goals have changed for the Bruins.  It's not just OK to win the adams division, or beat Montreal in a playoff round anymore.  It's about Lord Stanley.  The GM's of the Pens and the Devils, two teams at the top of the conference with the Bruins aren't "satisfied", they are analyzing their strengths and weaknesses and making moves in this shortened season.  I think it is pretty clear that Chris Bourque is not the answer for the 3rd line, and neither is Jay Pandolfo (good depth signing).  Whether you like Ponikarovsky in that role is another story, but I hope that PC gets in the ballgame soon.  Injuries are going to happen, and I don't like the depth that I see.  Go out and get some help now, when your squad is healthy and you don't need to make a deal and another GM can hold you over a barrel.  Have I been entertained by the Bruins this year, you bet.  Am I happy with their start, I sure am.  They are showing that they know how to win.  But that doesn't mean that I don't want to see them improve this roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Because being one point out of first place has nothing to do with winning the stanley cup.  The goals have changed for the Bruins.  It's not just OK to win the adams division, or beat Montreal in a playoff round anymore.  It's about Lord Stanley.  The GM's of the Pens and the Devils, two teams at the top of the conference with the Bruins aren't "satisfied", they are analyzing their strengths and weaknesses and making moves in this shortened season.  I think it is pretty clear that Chris Bourque is not the answer for the 3rd line, and neither is Jay Pandolfo (good depth signing).  Whether you like Ponikarovsky in that role is another story, but I hope that PC gets in the ballgame soon.  Injuries are going to happen, and I don't like the depth that I see.  Go out and get some help now, when your squad is healthy and you don't need to make a deal and another GM can hold you over a barrel.  Have I been entertained by the Bruins this year, you bet.  Am I happy with their start, I sure am.  They are showing that they know how to win.  But that doesn't mean that I don't want to see them improve this roster.

Thank you for the emphasis on "shortened".  It really drove home the point.

And for me (and possibly others), it's life isn't Stanley Cup or bust.  I really enjoy hockey.  I have for my whole life.

I think it's great that the B's are playing and winning.  I am not a "they won, but..." type of fan.  In fact, I hate those fans.  "They won, but they gave up three in the third."  "They won, but they had to come from behind again to do it."  "They won 5-0, but all five goals were even strength.  They went 0-3 on the powerplay."

I like when the B's win.  I don't expect them to win it all.  I never do.  Anyone who expects that is delusional.  It would be great if they did.  It was great when they did a couple of years ago.  I hope they do it again soon.  I'm not, however, going to look at a team that is first in the division and second in the conference with two games in hand and be upset that the GM hasn't made any trades.

Because that is just wicked friggggggggin' stupid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I think Charelli took a walk and got on base by not trading for Pony. He is still in the ball game and has a chance to score. He might be a slight upgrade over Bourque (and I would argue that) but i would rather hold on to the pics and see what comes up later. We are after all 1 point out of 1st with games at hand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Thank you for the emphasis on "shortened".  It really drove home the point.

And for me (and possibly others), it's life isn't Stanley Cup or bust.  I really enjoy hockey.  I have for my whole life.

I think it's great that the B's are playing and winning.  I am not a "they won, but..." type of fan.  In fact, I hate those fans.  "They won, but they gave up three in the third."  "They won, but they had to come from behind again to do it."  "They won 5-0, but all five goals were even strength.  They went 0-3 on the powerplay."

I like when the B's win.  I don't expect them to win it all.  I never do.  Anyone who expects that is delusional.  It would be great if they did.  It was great when they did a couple of years ago.  I hope they do it again soon.  I'm not, however, going to look at a team that is first in the division and second in the conference with two games in hand and be upset that the GM hasn't made any trades.

Because that is just wicked friggggggggin' stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for letting us know that you really enjoy hockey.  I thought we all post here because we love baseball.  It really drove home the point.

I agree with you regarding a win is a win.  However, I did not say that I was upset that PC hasn't made any trades.  I expressed that I thought Ponikarovsky would be a good fit on the third line and that I hope that PC makes a move soon for the reasons I stated in my last post.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

I think Charelli took a walk and got on base by not trading for Pony. He is still in the ball game and has a chance to score. He might be a slight upgrade over Bourque (and I would argue that) but i would rather hold on to the pics and see what comes up later. We are after all 1 point out of 1st with games at hand.

In this shortened season, what inning in the ball game do you suggest PC get in?  I hope that with his comments and the TT move to free up the space, he is active.  I prefer that he brings someone in earlier rather than later.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In this shortened season, what inning in the ball game do you suggest PC get in?  I hope that with his comments and the TT move to free up the space, he is active.  I prefer that he brings someone in earlier rather than later.

The trade deadline is in April.  The B's are playing great.  No need to rush anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The trade deadline is in April.  The B's are playing great.  No need to rush anything.

Agreed.  Dont think they should make any major moves right now.  If april comes and they are missing a piece, they should do what the can to fill that need.  Right now, they should just keep playing the way they have been.  Any problems they have had (not many) are problems that slight lineup tweaks can fix, not a major trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Because being one point out of first place has nothing to do with winning the stanley cup.  The goals have changed for the Bruins.  It's not just OK to win the adams division, or beat Montreal in a playoff round anymore.  It's about Lord Stanley.  The GM's of the Pens and the Devils, two teams at the top of the conference with the Bruins aren't "satisfied", they are analyzing their strengths and weaknesses and making moves in this shortened season.  I think it is pretty clear that Chris Bourque is not the answer for the 3rd line, and neither is Jay Pandolfo (good depth signing).  Whether you like Ponikarovsky in that role is another story, but I hope that PC gets in the ballgame soon.  Injuries are going to happen, and I don't like the depth that I see.  Go out and get some help now, when your squad is healthy and you don't needto make a deal and another GM can hold you over a barrel.  Have I been entertained by the Bruins this year, you bet.  Am I happy with their start, I sure am.  They are showing that they know how to win.  But that doesn't mean that I don't want to see them improve this roster.

[/QUOTE]

Your concern for this is much greater then Bruins management considering their inactivity of " upgrading their depth ". 

Both Providence and Boston are up in the standings which says something for the talent and depth they have on both teams.

Ahhhh, life as a Bruins fan is good these days.............well at least for those who recognize it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chowda,

They lost their starting goalie and are playing the backup.

They have a journey AHLer on the third line.

They have a rookie defenseman.

They are a top team in the league.

What is this depth you speak of?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Chowda,

They lost their starting goalie and are playing the backup.

They have a journey AHLer on the third line.

They have a rookie defenseman.

They are a top team in the league.

What is this depth you speak of?

I don't know nas............maybe the answer will come once they have an injury or two ............and keep on winning. 

That's what teams that have depth do............I guess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I don't know nas............maybe the answer will come once they have an injury or two ............and keep on winning. 

That's what teams that have depth do............I guess.

You mean like if they lost Marchand, Paille and Thornton...all at the same time?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

You mean like if they lost Marchand, Paille and Thornton...all at the same time?

They did ? Didn't notice with them still winning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

are you guys done ball washing each other yet?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

are you guys done ball washing each other yet?

Not yet.  I need to get his jersey size so I can send him a Jamie Tardiff jersey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Marchand missed one game, and your gonna bring up your skating clown and another 4 th liner, nice reach, ask the coach, the gm, and the players, none of them will say they have played "great".  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Marchand missed one game, and your gonna bring up your skating clown and another 4 th liner, nice reach, ask the coach, the gm, and the players, none of them will say they have played "great".  

Ask the guy who updates the standings and keeps putting the B's in the top spot in the division and second in the conference.  He'll have a different view.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Philly 3
    NJ  1

New Jersey needs to unlease the Poni!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Providence record has absolutely no reflection on what depth the b's have for use in the show see ahl all star bourque.  Do they have some kids that will be good soon, for sure, but not right now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Ask the guy who updates the standings and keeps putting the B's in the top spot in the division and second in the conference.  He'll have a different view.

Guess you know more than shero and Lou now as well, lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Philly 3
    NJ  1

New Jersey needs to unlease the Poni!

Your so funny, don't quit your day job!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Like any GM not named Howson, Lamerillo has made some great moves.  Example:  He traded up at the draft to select Parise and Zajac.

He has also made plenty of moves that resulted in nothing at all.  Example:  Sean Zimmerman for Kevin Cormier.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

poni that mr. Know it all!  how's that azz taste?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Like any GM not named Howson, Lamerillo has made some great moves.  Example:  He traded up at the draft to select Parise and Zajac.

He has also made plenty of moves that resulted in nothing at all.  Example:  Sean Zimmerman for Kevin Cormier.

So your saying you know more than a hof er?  You think highly of yourself, don't you? Or are you trying to compensate for something ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So your saying you know more than a hof er?  You think highly of yourself, don't you? Or are you trying to compensate for something ?

I've never stated that I know more than the GM of the Devils.

As for the second half of that...what does that even mean?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

poni that mr. Know it all!  how's that azz taste?

Alexei Ponikarovsky 3 (Assists: Ilya Kovalchuk 8, Martin Brodeur 1)

LOL

Of course.

Sections
Shortcuts