Alfredsson to Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Alfredsson to Boston

As per Pierre LeBrun on ESPN radio, if Ottawa decides to pack it in, both sides would agree. Boston for a rental, Chara and Chiarelli pieces - Alfredsson to chase a cup contender. I don't think we need to give up more than, say second rounder? Maybe he can help on the PP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Alfredsson to Boston

Idk that a 2nd rounder would get us Alfredson...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

I would love this just because of how much my roommate would hate it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Now ur in trouble Earnest!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Ottawa is in the playoff hunt why would they trade him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

see NAS post re: Iginla.  Change the names and don't protect the innocent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

This report is nothing. Nothing to see here, move along. However I do indeed see a scenario where Alfredsson plays in boston (and not on a road trip). Suggesting Iginla for the third line is absurd. Alfredsson isn't a 35 year old who has scored 35+ the last 30 years or however many it is. Alfredsson hasn't scored 30 since 2008, in which he scored 40. heyoo points out that the sens are in the playoff hunt, but they won't be. They're goalie has been playing so far above his head it is absurd, and they just lost karlsson, and have already lost spezza and cowen. I do not see a playoff run for the sens. A 2nd round pick certainly wouldn't be enough, but the sens won't be asking the world for their captain. I would love to see it, he could play a number of a roles. It probably won't happen, but its way more realistic than iginla. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Alfredsson would be nice, if possible....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Has anyone run this by Ottawa?  You know, the team that's 2 points out of 4th in the standings and surely expects to make the playoffs?  Why would they 'pack it in'?

I think that we should look to the bad teams to dump their good players, not the good ones.

I also think that if Alfredsson was available for a 2nd rounder, you would have 20 teams making that offer.  It'll take more.

It all seems implausible to me for a number of reasons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Has anyone run this by Ottawa?  You know, the team that's 2 points out of 4th in the standings and surely expects to make the playoffs?  Why would they 'pack it in'?

I think that we should look to the bad teams to dump their good players, not the good ones.

I also think that if Alfredsson was available for a 2nd rounder, you would have 20 teams making that offer.  It'll take more.

do you really think ottawa makes the playoffs without spezza, karlsson, and cowen?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

No way will Ottawa make the playoffs. And that would be Awesome to get Alfredsson for a 2nd pick...I say yes ..anytime

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

They lost Cowan,Spezza and now Karlsson, I can't see them trading Alfredsson while they are in the playoff hunt of an already shortened season..My guess is Ottawa would be looking to add to replace some of the lost players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Alfie has a NTC so he would have to approve any deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I didn't think they should have made the playoffs last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

They lost Cowan,Spezza and now Karlsson, I can't see them trading Alfredsson while they are in the playoff hunt of an already shortened season..My guess is Ottawa would be looking to add to replace some of the lost players.

in 2 weeks they'll be out of a playoff spot

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

do you really think ottawa makes the playoffs without spezza, karlsson, and cowen?

I don't think they'll 'pack it in' though.  They are right in the thick of it and they have a goalie  who is currently a Vezina contender.  It's a short season and a hot start goes a long way. If they play around .500 for the rest of the season they have a very good chance of getting in.

If they trade their remaining best player and leader for a 2nd round pick, they'll just be flat out quitting (and likely losing a lot of dough).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[/QUOTE]

They've won 2 out of 3 since losing Karlsson...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

From what I saw of the report

This is if...

Ottawa is out of the playoff hunt at/near the trade deadline. Losing their best two players this isnt hard to see.

Alfey gets to choose were he will go. This is up to him. Ottawa will do pretty much anything for him, think of this like the Bourque deal. This along with Alfeys connect to Chara, PC, and a chance for the Cup is the reason why Boston was named as a team that would be looking to get him. Add into the fact Boston just traded Tim Thomas they now have the cap space for him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

And if they do fallout of the playoff race, which because of the injuries may happen, doesnt mean they'll deal him..If I had to guess, with the Olympics next year, I'd say he plays one more year at least. He's their only draw right now, a fan favorite, he's worth alot to them so it might take more to get him..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

They've won 2 out of 3 since losing Karlsson...

[/QUOTE]

Exactly karlsson getting injured will hurt them on the score sheets but not on the defense side of the puck. If Ottawa makes the playoffs it will show how overrated a scoring dman really is. If they had spezza they would be a lock for the playoffs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

And if they do fallout of the playoff race, which because of the injuries may happen, doesnt mean they'll deal him..If I had to guess, with the Olympics next year, I'd say he plays one more year at least. He's their only draw right now, a fan favorite, he's worth alot to them so it might take more to get him..

He is a UFA the Sens can just resign him in the offseason.  There are many IFs here but if Ottawa falls out of the playoff the Bruins are more likely to get Alfrfedssson than other teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I would give the B's first rounder (likely to be low pick anyway) and a prospect or two for Alfredsson (maybe also throw in that young phenom Bourque). Small price to pay for another cup which do not exactly grow on trees. Now is the time. The core is young and cap space available. If only Ottawa would be so obliging....:)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

He is a UFA the Sens can just resign him in the offseason.  There are many IFs here but if Ottawa falls out of the playoff the Bruins are more likely to get Alfrfedssson than other teams.

Why?  I think other teams would be willing to part with more than PC will.  Plus if you bring him here you pretty much have to find room for him on either the 1st or 2nd line.  That's not gonna happen IMO, PC is loyal to his boys.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

If Paul Gaustad got Buffalo a 1st round pick from Nashville, why the hell would Ottawa trade Alfredsson for the 50-60th pick? These threads are ridiculous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Knowing that Alfredsson is a UFA this summer I think they would be willing to make a Bourque'esque deal. Kelly was also a Senator along with Chara was he not?

Sections
Shortcuts