Alfredsson to Detroit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Alfredsson to Detroit

4m

A bah-gin RT ... Alfie expected to sign 1 yr deal with . Also expected to come in less than 6m

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Alfredsson to Detroit

Good, I want someone else.  Bruins core is getting too old to add Jagr and Alfie back in.  Sign someone younger.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NiftyKJ. Show NiftyKJ's posts

What about Brunner. He had a good year and playoff with Det. 27 years old. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I actually really wanted a vet. I would try to get iginla now. Use the same 35+ loophole. 2 year deal, 3.5AAV base with 2 mill in easily attainable bonuses 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Swing and a miss for P.C.  Hope he has something else up his sleeve.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

Not a miss if Alfie is a cent over 5 million. I'd take Iginla over him at this stage of their careers. I also feel bad for the Sens fans. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Chance to play with his fellow Swede Zetterberg probably played a factor. Wow, cant believe he's not a Senator.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Not a miss if Alfie is a cent over 5 million. I'd take Iginla over him at this stage of their careers. I also feel bad for the Sens fans. 

3.5 mill cap hit, can reach 5.5 with bonuses, but, remember, you can tack those on as a cap penalty for the next year if you want. i think it's a bargain. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@DarrenDreger, Wings deal has been agreed upon with Alfredsson, one year, $5.5 M (including $2 M in bonuses)"

That's allot for his age and Holland didn't add any years that is good for Detroit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Sad day for ottawa.   They didnt wanna spend to improve team.  He walked.  Good luck alfie.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Seeing Alfie in a Redwings jersey is like seeing Chris Nilan in a B's jersey, it just ain't right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He'd have been better as a deadline rental, but anyone who thinks his legs aren't going didn't watch as many Senators games as I did this year.  Glad it was a miss.  I'd say good luck in Detroit, but they're in the division now, so....

Are you not entertained?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Looks like PC will need to play his hand for Clarkson now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stourque. Show stourque's posts

i didn't think he was ever coming to Boston, but I am surprised he left Ottawa.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Does that hand include a 7 million a year hand over 5 years. I want Clarkson to but do the bruins have the cap space, would the ducks take good prospects for Bobby Ryan just another pipe dream on my part, but maybe a good topic to talk about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Me too Dez, I hope he kicks the tires on Iginla. I think Clarkson will be too expensive.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Does that hand include a 7 million a year hand over 5 years. I want Clarkson to but do the bruins have the cap space, would the ducks take good prospects for Bobby Ryan just another pipe dream on my part, but maybe a good topic to talk about.

I love clarkson but hes not worth 5.  Rask eats most of our cap.  iggy might be best bet.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i hope Alfie went for the $$$$$ because if he thinks the Wings have a better shot at lifting Lord Stanley than the B'S he's delusional....

and i'm not sure his chances wouldn't have been better in Ottawa either....

ā€œPeople think common sense is common - but it's not.ā€

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

dez, I saw Ottawa-based RogerSportsNet reporter Ian Mendez this afternoon say the fans are divided in their devastation in their beloved team captain leaving after 17 years with the Sens and directing their anger at club brass.  They've seen Heatley go, Yashin, also but viewed Alfredsson on another level.  Mendez said he had a feeling Alfredsson had his mind made up long before this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Good for him. great person and player and he'll do good in Detroit.         Alfredsson still got wheels at 39

Sections
Shortcuts