Alfredsson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Alfredsson

Weiss is having an off year.  He would look great on the 3rd line.  With his drop in production we would also be buying low.  Just like other guys that are off to slow starts I would have no worries about picking him up.  And in fact keeping him with an extension.  I'm all for picking up Weiss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No problems with Weiss from my end either. Plus, he shoots left.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to CamOJonasink's comment:

Wrong about the cap # "Not-a-shot"!  The 1/2 salary # you're putting out there is still relative to the overall cap. 

Yes it is, and there are very few teams who cannot afford a $5M player halfway through the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What happened to Horton's numbers after he saw Sunrise in his rear veiw mirror ?

Went back up and like Horton, Weiss would tell Tallon "not another rebuild". Plus cost would be a bit lower than what Murray would command for Alfredsson.

Chiarelli also has to think about his drafting "I don't need the 25th pick".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In all honesty i think we see a reversal of present speculation here, the senators have 16m in cap space so i see them the team bidding for some help at the trade deadline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Camo,

I'm guessing a 1st rounder or a 2nd with an NHL ready prospect.  Alfie is going no where.  Rental or not, Ottawa holds the best hand...

exactly !  That prospect could be Spooner, grew up in the Ottawa area but I'm guessing they might have add a bit more also.  If Sens are out of a playoff spot by trade deadline Alfredsson could be shopped (a la Ray Bourque) . 

If he is shopped, the price will go higher and no way a 2nd rounder and an AHLer will be enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I wouldn't trade Spooner....not even close. I honestly think that he has the potential to be a Krejci-caliber player soon. Krejci got a call-up in 07-08, because the team stunk then and had nobody else.

Does anybody think that Spooner wouldn't be on the team if the landscape was the same as 2008?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

I wouldn't trade Spooner....not even close. I honestly think that he has the potential to be a Krejci-caliber player soon. Krejci got a call-up in 07-08, because the team stunk then and had nobody else.

Does anybody think that Spooner wouldn't be on the team if the landscape was the same as 2008?

I'm not saying trade Spooner for Alfredsson ,  this is the type of prospect (besides a pick(s) and/or another player  ) Murray would be asking for. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Camo,

I'm guessing a 1st rounder or a 2nd with an NHL ready prospect.  Alfie is going no where.  Rental or not, Ottawa holds the best hand...

exactly !  That prospect could be Spooner, grew up in the Ottawa area but I'm guessing they might have add a bit more also.  If Sens are out of a playoff spot by trade deadline Alfredsson could be shopped (a la Ray Bourque) . 

If he is shopped, the price will go higher and no way a 2nd rounder and an AHLer will be enough.

BsL, don't forget that if Alfie gets moved it'll be essentially a favour. It's like when Bourque went to the Avs. The Bruins likely could've gotten far more for him if he was simply offered to the highest bidder. Instead, Bourque was sent to the team he wanted to play for while the Bruins received much less than they should've.