All I want for Christmas is for the top 6 to play like the top 6....and world peace....but first the top 6 thing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

All I want for Christmas is for the top 6 to play like the top 6....and world peace....but first the top 6 thing

Man, the natives are getting restless around here. I've been right there with you, but I think a little perspective is in order. Truth is, this team DOES have the pieces it needs to be successful. Remember the 7-2 start, when all of us were giddy with how much fun it was watching these guys play a more up-tempo game? The truth is, they have the ability to do it....but a few small adjustments are in order.

1. This team has top-6 talent for two really great lines, but CJ insists on rolling 4 lines and spreading out the skill evenly. For one week, I'd love to see what happens if we play lines based purely on talent at each position:

Lucic-Savard-Horton
    Seguin-Krecji-Bergeron
    Recchi-Wheeler-Ryder
    Marchand-Campbell-Thornton

Lines 3 and 4 are perfectly fine to compete in this league, while lines 1 and 2 should be an advantage over most teams.

2. Special teams.....instead of trying to be too quirky with special teams, there's no reason to shake up the top 2 lines above as a PP unit. Just play them on normal rotation. It causes havoc in the shifts following, and leads to issues where players like Bergeron and Recchi end up getting winded. Keep the lines in tact,.

Same with the PK. Of those lines above, pairings of Krecji-Bergeron, Recchi-Wheeler and Marchand-Campbell are perfectly fine PK units.

As for shootouts, are you telling me that shootout attempts in practice can't be tracked so the highest % guys get the in-game attempts?

3. Take the body. Not nearly enough physical play, and the whole cycle to the point for a long-range shot isn't working. Get the puck low, provide support and crash the net. We've got the horses to do it, so enough with this pass-at-the-blue line stuff.

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

Re: All I want for Christmas is for the top 6 to play like the top 6....and world peace....but first the top 6 thing

I think thats the best headline I've read in a while! Plus you make good points.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: All I want for Christmas is for the top 6 to play like the top 6....and world peace....but first the top 6 thing

All I want for Christmas is : Positive comments from the fans ...stop complaining and of course 3 Stanley Cups in a row

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Sections
Shortcuts