All of what happened tonight was because of Subban

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

All of what happened tonight was because of Subban

If Subban would drop his gloves and actually back up his mouth-- most of the extra  circular  activity would not have happened.  The Refs should just stop stepping in for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: All of what happened tonight was because of Subban

he's a punk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He's star on this board, his actions tonight didn't help his cause..Interesting enough it was Hal Gill who came to his defense....

To be fair, not ALL was because of him, Marchands hit after the whistle,the shot on Price after the whistle..It went both ways, but what I took out of that game was what a different player Michael Ryder is when his heart is in it and his feet are moving....Lucic is such a force when he is physically involved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: All of what happened tonight was because of Subban:
    [QUOTE]He's star on this board, his actions tonight didn't help his cause..Interesting enough it was Hal Gill who came to his defense.... To be fair, not ALL was because of him, Marchands hit after the whistle,the shot on Price after the whistle..It went both ways, but what I took out of that game was what a different player Michael Ryder is when his heart is in it and his feet are moving....Lucic is such a force when he is physically involved.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Don't give me the BS of the shot after the whistle he was already set on shooting before the whistle blew. It happens every game you let it go. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDecision. Show TheDecision's posts

Marchand's hit wasn't even that bad...the whistle was terribly late and Marchand really barely hit him...he got more boards than anything...what really escalated everything was the Hab running in after Marchand did...but no one says anything about that do they?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm showing my age a bit but I think the Subban/Marchand tiff is reminiscent of  Janney/Richer. I think these guys will hate each other for their entire careers

My favourite quote by a Hab is still Richer on Janney "If I saw him hurt on the side of the of road, my only question would be why couldn't I have hit him harder with my car to start with."

I think Marchand and Subban may have that kind of hate

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Engineerisme. Show Engineerisme's posts

What an exclamation game!  From the puck drop to the superior TSN coverage (sorry Jack Edwards...no I'm not) to the final blood on the ice.

Thank you PK Subban.  You're the one who lit up the sleeping giant last game with your head hunting hit on Marchand in Montreal.  The secret to Montreal's past success this season against the B's was that they were playing small and hard-to-hate.  When the B's play with anger, they're virtually unstoppable.

By the way, was that the bus driver Ferrence who was hitting the Montreal player (Moen) while he was on the ice?  Will Ferrence call out himself to the media??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No, all of this was in the game plan for the Bruins.  The really did coach this up to be a playoff game.  You rarely see teams that committed to physically targetting one guy the way the Bruins were locked on to Subban last night.  They absolutely persecuted him the way Lucic used to persecute Komisarek and Neely used to absolutely terrify Svoboda.  And like so many big talkers, he flailed in the face of a real challenge to his swagger.  But.  They didn't go after him for his mouth, they went after him because the Hab D is woefully thin and he's the guy on that blueline who is a) vital to their gameplan and b) crack-able.

Great game plan.  Gotta be able to win more than one way to truly contend, and if this is the Bruins showing what they'll do to speedy teams, I'm happy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

This game brought out the best in the B,s. When they play with a edge & emotion they are a very good TEAM. I wonder if Subban was sitting round the locker room with that cheeky lil smile looking at all his teammates with there sweat,cuts & bruises. He should be taking the whole team out for a drink & be picking up Gill,s tab for the night.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

that "late" hit by marchand did fan the fire a little. i couldn't hear the whistle, because the fans were saluting lucic with a"looooooooch"-he scored 5 seconds before. i can't blame either side...it was a little late, but i don't think marchy heard the whistle. at least that's what he can tell everybody.LOL  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]This game brought out the best in the B,s. When they play with a edge & emotion they are a very good TEAM. I wonder if Subban was sitting round the locker room with that cheeky lil smile looking at all his teammates with there sweat,cuts & bruises. He should be taking the whole team out for a drink & be picking up Gill,s tab for the night.  
    Posted by pucman[/QUOTE]
    Subban looked very timid every time he would retreive the puck in his own end. He was hearing footsteps all night. He looked very afraid whenever a Bruin came hard on him....he wanted nothing to do with the puck AT ALL! Quite funny really, for a kid who is that cocky

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand's hit wasn't even that bad...the whistle was terribly late and Marchand really barely hit him...he got more boards than anything...what really escalated everything was the Hab running in after Marchand did...but no one says anything about that do they?
    Posted by TheDecision[/QUOTE]

The marchand hit didn't have to be that bad, it was an icing play you don't make that hit..

I agree the habs were running marchand all night, but thats the player he is,  he's defined as an "aggitator" .. Think who those guys are, every bruins fan hates every aggitator from a different team, subban wont drop the gloves (most of the canadians wont) Marchand hasnt to this point either though...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Even Rex targeted Subban. Gionta was the real instigator jumping at Chara who brushed him away, and trying to staple Marchand to the boards after the whistle, when Marchand was standing still, igniting the whole brawl.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to All of what happened tonight was because of Subban:
    [QUOTE]If Subban would drop his gloves and actually back up his mouth-- most of the extra  circular  activity would not have happened.  The Refs should just stop stepping in for him.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

Yes why in the hell did the ref risk life and limb to throw himself infront of Horton to protect Subban, yet krejci and whoever he fought got to dance on an island all alone in the middle of the rink. Why does the league protect the agitators and not its skill guys.....

They even let thomas fight price but NO1 can fight subban no1!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Believe it or not Subban is a very important player for the Habs.  And for this reason I agree with BOOK completely.  You always set a target on your dmen who log a lot of ice.  This happens to Drew all the time as well.  The only difference is that Drew isnt a big mouth like PK.

And why would PK fight.  For every excuse we all give Lucic for not wanting him in the box for 5 minutes.  PK is much more valuable to Montreal than Lucic is to the Bruins.  Montreal have no dmen.  PK lead all players in ice time. 

But thats what you do, you target him early and often and by the time the game moves on he is feeling those hits and hearing those foot steps.  PK isnt gonna fight Thorton. 

I thought the Ref was equally brutal for both teams. A lot of PIMS should have gone the other way as well. 

All I can say is that I can't wait for March 8th.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Im NOT looking forward to March 8th.  Had this game been in Montreal, it would have gone ten-times worse for the Bruins.  Watch out what you ask for, 3/8 could be a KILLER for the B's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

big,

agreed, we need to be selective.  last night was just a game for the ages.  Montreal has to beef up.  Its fine to be fast.  But man they looked like a team that didnt wanna be on the ice. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Loved the game. I think the Pachioretty (sp?) cheap shot on Chara after he scored the OT winner in the last game factored into this one as well. B's were tired of it........finally!

I can only hope the Habs keep up their cheap, mouthy ways to keep the Bruins motivated.......to pound them!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Subban is the best at putting a linesman between himself and the player he punked.

I disagree with the notion that he won't fight because he's too important to his teams chances. IMO, he won't fight because he's a wuss and would gladly have his teammates stick up for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I was just watching the highlights again and I noticed when the puck popped up off Price, Subban tried to bat it away with his stick before Sides came in and tucked it away. Other than not wanting to put his body on the line I can't work out why he didn't try to move forward and bat it away with his hand. Then again maybe not putting his body on the line is enough for him. LOL!

Sections
Shortcuts