All Rask lovers please read!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

All Rask lovers please read!

Take a look at what "your" goalie was doing after the game. He was jumping up and down with a giant smile on his face congratulating Thomas for a great game. Try taking a page out of his book.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: All Rask lovers please read!

In Response to All Rask lovers please read!:
    [QUOTE]Take a look at what "your" goalie was doing after the game. He was jumping up and down with a giant smile on his face congratulating Thomas for a great game. Try taking a page out of his book.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

And taking notes on the bench on which defensemen  screened Thomas and caused a goal. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: All Rask lovers please read!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to All Rask lovers please read! : And taking notes on the bench on which defensemen  screened Thomas and caused a goal. 
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]
    Yeah but it's tough for fans to do that and give that information to Thomas. They can however be happy for the guy and enjoy the ride.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]Take a look at what "your" goalie was doing after the game. He was jumping up and down with a giant smile on his face congratulating Thomas for a great game. Try taking a page out of his book.

Aren't they both our goalies?  They both play for the Bruins right :)  I for the life of me have never understood the division in net for the Bruins amongst the fans..
    Last year it was Thomas who was doing the cheerleading , this year its the reverse.. I for one am glad we have both of them.. Bruins nets for the future are in capable hands..It is great to see how well they support each other for the good of the team..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to All Rask lovers please read! : Aren't they both our goalies?  They both play for the Bruins right :)  I for the life of me have never understood the division in net for the Bruins amongst the fans.. Last year it was Thomas who was doing the cheerleading , this year its the reverse.. I for one am glad we have both of them.. Bruins nets for the future are in capable hands..It is great to see how well they support each other for the good of the team..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    Amen!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

You are beginning to sound like "Mescline Tony". Yikes!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to All Rask lovers please read! : You are beginning to sound like "Mescline Tony". Yikes!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    haha don't get it twisted Isla I love both goalies. In fact my bulldog is named Tuukka. I'm just sick of the divide. Can't we just cheer for the team?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Here, here! I'm sick of all the "floppy" & "goes down too much" whiners.

We have the best tandem in the NHL hands down, not a bad problem to have, enjoy the ride!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Both of them are always giving each other props.  They expect a lot of each personally because they are both super competitive (thats where you see them smash the sticks to the ice) but know that what they have.  Its definetely a strength on this team and for about 6 mil. between them (for now, I know Tuukka is due a contract soon) you can't go wrong!

It was Tuukka who grabbed the puck for Tim after the Ottawa game when he got the save pct. record.  According to the Globe Tim didn't even realize it until he was leaving the ice. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

This has to be the stupidest thread I have ever read.  There is not one Bruins fan I know that does not want TT to succeed but the fact is we have seen him choke over and over and over again.  Not wanting someone to succeed and believe someone will not succeed are entirely different.  I would love it if TT would stand on his head for the rest of the playoffs and bring home the Con Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP; do I think he wil, no.  I think he will give up a bad goal at the worst possible time because that what he has done in the past.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]This has to be the stupidest thread I have ever read.  There is not one Bruins fan I know that does not want TT to succeed but the fact is we have seen him choke over and over and over again.  Not wanting someone to succeed and believe someone will not succeed are entirely different.  I would love it if TT would stand on his head for the rest of the playoffs and bring home the Con Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP; do I think he wil, no.  I think he will give up a bad goal at the worst possible time because that what he has done in the past.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

While I want to agree with you, I know a few of them, not all on this board, who wanted Thomas to flutter down the stretch so that Rask was the playoff goaltender.  Its pathetic, and those people are "real fans" they go to a lot of games and have been spending their money on the Bruins for years, they just have this gripe on this one player for some reason.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Choke over and over again?? Usually, when they lose it's NOT Thomas' fault. He rarely blows games for them. Last year he was injured. I think maybe his haters tend to forget all the great things he's done and harp over the few bad. Bruins could do a whole lot worse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe this is like 1991 in Chicago, but instead the team hangs onto the guy who is presently riding the pine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: All Rask lovers please read!:[QUOTE]In Response to All Rask lovers please read! : You are beginning to sound like "Mescline Tony". Yikes!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Ha post a minute Toni nice!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Choke over and over again?? Usually, when they lose it's NOT Thomas' fault. He rarely blows games for them. Last year he was injured. I think maybe his haters tend to forget all the great things he's done and harp over the few bad. Bruins could do a whole lot worse.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

What about game 7 overtime against Carolina when TT turn a routinue flip shot from the blue line into a goal by giving a bad rebound?  What about earlier that year whan playing the Devils for first in the conference when TT lets in a weak wrist shot from the blueline.  I could go on and on here but it will do not good as the Thomas fan boys will just blame the players for these goals that any NHL goalie is expected to stop.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All Rask lovers please read! : What about game 7 overtime against Carolina when TT turn a routinue flip shot from the blue line into a goal by giving a bad rebound?  What about earlier that year whan playing the Devils for first in the conference when TT lets in a weak wrist shot from the blueline.  I could go on and on here but it will do not good as the Thomas fan boys will just blame the players for these goals that any NHL goalie is expected to stop.

Bummer.  He's human.  

He's also starting Game 6, so get on board or get a new team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All Rask lovers please read! : haha don't get it twisted Isla I love both goalies. In fact my bulldog is named Tuukka. I'm just sick of the divide. Can't we just cheer for the team?!

So your solution is to create a thread called..."All Rask lovers please read!"??

This thread should really bring people together...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All Rask lovers please read! : What about game 7 overtime against Carolina when TT turn a routinue flip shot from the blue line into a goal by giving a bad rebound?  What about earlier that year whan playing the Devils for first in the conference when TT lets in a weak wrist shot from the blueline.  I could go on and on here but it will do not good as the Thomas fan boys will just blame the players for these goals that any NHL goalie is expected to stop.

What about the save on Gionta last night in OT?  What about all of the saves that we dont expect an NHL goalie to make that TT does make?  You forget about those already?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

TT saved our a sses tonight.....If not for him along with a couple saves by chara and ryder this game is over with the habs winning. TT is starting to settle down and played an incredible game last night. Great game TT.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

First, unfortunately/fortunately Ive got Orr on "ignore" and only saw his post by a reply.  For someone who thinks this is the stupidest thread, you sure have a long reply.  And REALLY, Thomas has choked over and over and over again!?  REALLY!?!  Three "overs"!?!?!  Get a clue man, he was 10-8 coming into this series in the playoffs, losing to the Habs in 7, sweeping the Habs and losing to the Canes in 7.  Only 3 series to his name, a sweep of the Habs and 2, 7 game losses.  Wow, what a choker he is. 

Second:  Last nights performance by Thomas was THE BEST playoff performance by a goalie this year.  FACT!  In a HUGE swing game, AT HOME, Thomas pulls off a 44 save, double OT win to go up 3 games to 3.  WOW is all I can say.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]First, unfortunately/fortunately Ive got Orr on "ignore" and only saw his post by a reply.  For someone who thinks this is the stupedist thread, you sure have a long reply.  And REALLY, Thomas has choked over and over and over again!?  REALLY!?!  Three "overs"!?!?!  Get a clue man, he was 10-8 coming into this series in the playoffs, losing to the Habs in 7, sweeping the Habs and losing to the Canes in 7.  Only 3 series to his name, a sweep of the Habs and 2, 7 game losses.  Wow, what a choker he is.  Second:  Last nights performance by Thomas was THE BEST playoff performance by a goalie this year.  FACT!  In a HUGE swing game, AT HOME, Thomas pulls off a 44 save, double OT win to go up 3 games to 3.  WOW is all I can say.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    Quick was pretty solid for LA last night too(over 50 saves in a 3-1 must win).BTW, I also think TT was outstanding last night.I mentioned the other night that these last two games would be huge if TT wanted to step into the "elite" goalie status.He certainly hasn't let us down.Go Bruins!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe this is like 1991 in Chicago, but instead the team hangs onto the guy who is presently riding the pine.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I hope you're right.That scenario sounds awesome.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

what else is new ...timmy is our  savior ...how anyone can dump on him is beyond me ...and rask is showing a lot of class..really into it and that for our future goalie is a great sign......team first

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All Rask lovers please read! : So your solution is to create a thread called..." All Rask lovers please read !"?? This thread should really bring people together...
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Excellent point.

I think this thread makes the mistake that people who criticize Thomas do so because they are "Rask lovers."  While that might be true in some instances, I would guess it's not usually the case.

I get on TT because I dont like the guy very much and I hate his style and tendency to give up bad goals.  But I posted on the game blog that he deserves credit for the save on Gionta last night.  Im not silly enough to think hes the only goalie in the world who can stop a 2 on 1 like some people here, but it was a big save at a big time.

I like Rask but he could be playing for the Flint Generals and it would not change my opinion about Thomas one iota. I'd root for most goalies in the NHL to play for the B's ahead of Thomas. I'd also argue that some of the big Thomas fans here absolutely rip on Rask for the same reasons this thread accuses the Rask fans of having.

Dismissing people who don't like Thomas as "Rask Lovers" is as silly as trying to insult people who don't like your favorite players as "Hab Fans."

Good for Rask for having a great attitude.  And good for Thomas for making a huge save last night when they needed it.  I hope he makes great saves all the way to a Cup win.  However, the next time he's completely out of position or gives up a softie, you will probably hear from the people who aren't fans of Thomas. Its too bad if you are tired of hearing about his flopping and crazy style... even the VS announcers are referencing it more and more.  Its true.  Last night  even Pang referred to TT giving up "squeakers" meaning soft goals. Those of us who don't like it will continue to say so.  Sorry if that bothers you, but you don't get to tell other fans who to like or how to follow the team.

So Tim... don't give up softies, keep winning playoff games and you will shut us all up.  Go B's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Like i said many time TT lovers keep saying that because we don't like Thomas style we are not Bruins fans.  That would be the weakest argument of all.
       We all want the Bruins to win and to me it was clear that Thomas could have been better in the first 4 games.  In game 5 he finally had the type of game that you expect from a Vezina trophee winner and i don't think you heard anyone in here say that he was not good.
       I still am not crazy about his style... he got saved by his teammates a few times because of his overagressive style that brough him out of his net but i can live with that when he has a game like the last one!
       It is one game out of 5... we need more games like this from him if the Bs want to be contenders!!

Sections
Shortcuts