All star goalie votes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

All star goalie votes

From Rotoworld:

"Carey Price still leads all goaltenders in the NHL's all-star voting.
    Price's 250,256 votes are enough to edge out Marc-Andre Fleury and Sergei Bobrovsky, who have 218,350 and 202,254 votes respectively.

There's apparently nothing Tim Thomas can do to win over the fans as he's still a distant fourth with 118,074 votes....  Jaroslav Halak is currently in fifth place."

I have to wonder why they are listing them 1-5 instead of East vs West.  Quick should be in the Top 3 after Fleury I'd think, maybe #2 after Price.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: All star goalie votes

In Response to All star goalie votes:
    [QUOTE]From Rotoworld: "Carey Price still leads all goaltenders in the NHL's all-star voting. Price's 250,256 votes are enough to edge out Marc-Andre Fleury and Sergei Bobrovsky, who have 218,350 and 202,254 votes respectively.   There's apparently nothing Tim Thomas can do to win over the fans as he's still a distant fourth with 118,074 votes....  Jaroslav Halak is currently in fifth place." I have to wonder why they are listing them 1-5 instead of East vs West.  Quick should be in the Top 3 after Fleury I'd think, maybe #2 after Price.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    We all know who the best goalie is this year, by a landslide. Allstar voting is a joke, much like the game itself. Just think back to when Montreal hosted it. Nothing more needs to be said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Even though I've never been a fan of thomas or his style, I must admit he is having a hell of a season.

A lot can happen from now until the end of the regular season. If thomas does indeed go into the playoffs as the starter, thomas will have a lot to prove.

People forget about rask but his numbers are #1 goalie worthy, im pretty sure hes still top 5 in save prctg. in the league. The only thing thats not their for tuukka are the wins, but he hasnt really had that many starts. I think that will change soon

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: All star goalie votes:
    [QUOTE]In Response to All star goalie votes : We all know who the best goalie is this year, by a landslide. Allstar voting is a joke, much like the game itself. Just think back to when Montreal hosted it. Nothing more needs to be said.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Red Wings coach Mike Babcock just said that Carey Price was the best goalie in the league this year, but I guess he doesn't know anything either.  Of course, after Quick shut out Babcocks team with a 51 save whitewash, he might throw some of those votes LA's way, too.

Quick's numbers are right there, too.  Id take Price and Quick 1-2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I put this below on the blog this weekend in response to your remarks.
    Just so you know the Allstar voting is BS ,  the only 2 cities that really vote are Montreal and Pittsburgh.

"Why are you always upset when it comes to Tim Thomas . TT and you also admitted he's been good (for me great) .
    You seem to think Rask lack of starts is playing with his confidence , he'll get rusty on the bench .... This is where you are wrong. Look at Price in Montreal as example. Here's a kid that last season got glued to the bench ,everyone got on his case and even some players were against him. Rask's treatment is not even close or will be .
    All this to say I'm a firm believer of talent. Price has it and is proving to everyone with his play after a so called anti-confidence season.
    If Rask is as talented as you say he is (and so do I) he'll be just fine !
    Don't worry SoxFan he's the Bruins future. Right now you got to ride the hot goalie just as last season they had to ride Rask.
    Call it what it what you want, "Growing pains" , building maturity , learning process etc...it's all for the good in the development of a young hockey player especially a goalie.
    Besides, so what if TT starts tonite, I think Rask starts in Buffalo and TT in Montreal on next weeks back to backs."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Legion? Four more words for you. Look.....at.....the.....source.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All star goalie votes : Red Wings coach Mike Babcock just said that Carey Price was the best goalie in the league this year, but I guess he doesn't know anything either.  Of course, after Quick shut out Babcocks team with a 51 save whitewash, he might throw some of those votes LA's way, too. Quick's numbers are right there, too.  Id take Price and Quick 1-2.
    The numbers don't lie, Thomas is #1 in save%, #1 in G.A, #1 in shutouts , babcock is a great coach, but if Thomas played for the Wings, I'm quite sure babcock would be singing a different tune.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to All star goalie votes:
    [QUOTE]From Rotoworld: "Carey Price still leads all goaltenders in the NHL's all-star voting. Price's 250,256 votes are enough to edge out Marc-Andre Fleury and Sergei Bobrovsky, who have 218,350 and 202,254 votes respectively.   There's apparently nothing Tim Thomas can do to win over the fans as he's still a distant fourth with 118,074 votes....  Jaroslav Halak is currently in fifth place." I have to wonder why they are listing them 1-5 instead of East vs West.  Quick should be in the Top 3 after Fleury I'd think, maybe #2 after Price.

Because they're not doing East vs West anymore. Fans are only selecting 6 players instead of 12, and two team captains to later be named will draft the lineups from all the players named.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]Even though I've never been a fan of thomas or his style, I must admit he is having a hell of a season. A lot can happen from now until the end of the regular season. If thomas does indeed go into the playoffs as the starter, thomas will have a lot to prove

I always get a laugh when one of the TT haters' says this.
    The last time Thomas played in the post season, he played EVERY game, LED ALL goalies in the entire playoffs with a 1.85 gaa. He also finished with the second highest save %.
    What EXACTLY, does he have to prove?
    Rather than trying to blame Thomas for that team not getting past the 2nd round, you might question why the 2nd highest scoring team during the regular season, could not score when it mattered most.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

It's just too bad they let fans vote on these things... IMO it should be voted by the players. Remember the last one in MTL, they voted in everyone on the starting line up (minus Crosby) was a Hab... I mean come on, they even had Komisarek in there!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

its become obvious to me that most bruins fans have no idea what to look for in a goalie.
     sooooo convinced that TT shoulda been traded,, o really??? hows that plan looking now??
    what is it you think a goalie's job is? to stop 40 shots a night for 82 games? never get tired and never let in more than 2 goals?
    do you realize that 2/3 of the teams in the NHL have horrible/totally inconsistent or just plain bad, goaltending?
    Does it Surprise you the rest of the league pays TT no attention when he can't even get proper respect from bruins fans??????
    bruins fans are never happy. always finding fault , and mostly in the wrong places.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]its become obvious to me that most bruins fans have no idea what to look for in a goalie.  sooooo convinced that TT shoulda been traded,, o really??? hows that plan looking now?? what is it you think a goalie's job is? to stop 40 shots a night for 82 games? never get tired and never let in more than 2 goals? do you realize that 2/3 of the teams in the NHL have horrible/totally inconsistent or just plain bad, goaltending? Does it Surprise you the rest of the league pays TT no attention when he can't even get proper respect from bruins fans?????? bruins fans are never happy. always finding fault , and mostly in the wrong places.
    Posted by BruinsNumber4[/QUOTE]
    I can't Imagine where this team would be this year without TT. He would have to be a candidate for MVP also. Those numbers are redonkulous......best in the modern era!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All star goalie votes : Red Wings coach Mike Babcock just said that Carey Price was the best goalie in the league this year, but I guess he doesn't know anything either.  Of course, after Quick shut out Babcocks team with a 51 save whitewash, he might throw some of those votes LA's way, too. Quick's numbers are right there, too.  Id take Price and Quick 1-2.
    Hey suxballsfaninill take your Cary Price love too a hab board. You have proven your lack of knowledge on this issue. What happened too your silly worn out caption? You had too hide it in a attempt, too show said lack of hockey knowledge. Poor Ms suxballsfaninill,  you will never be right in your whole sad life!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts