All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries

I have tried to resist getting into the mud around the Chara hit as I've read thru most of the posts.

First of all, it was a hockey play that went bad.  I think Chara deserved both the interference penalty, which it was, and the major.  The NHL made the right call in not suspending Chara.

As a Leaf fan I certainly hate having to play against Chara, but you can't suspend him because he is the strongest guy in the league.  When he hits you, it's going to hurt, especially near the boards.  It's too bad the hit took place where it did, but the game is ultra fast and what we see in slow motion is a distortion.  These guys make split second decisions.  Anyone that thinks Chara even had time to deliberate "oh...I hate this guy and now I have a  chance to break this guy's neck..gitty-up!" is delirious.   I'm sure he wanted to sting him with the hit, which is what most guys try and do, but injure him?  Chara is simply not that kind of player.  If he was, he'd have killed a dozen guys by now.

I think the Hab fans are definitely over-reacting because of the extent of the injury that transpired and that it was the Bruins.

Bruin fans hate the Hab fans so they are over-reacting to the over-reaction in Montreal.  It's ballooning to ridiculas levels.

What I can't stand are the comments of the minority of ignorant people that paint this as a Canada/US divide.  That is simply stupid.  The better posters on this forum should ignore that garbage.  I'm a proud Canadian and I have the highest respect for our neighbors below the 49th parallel.  I'm know the majority of Canadians and Americans feel the same.

This is the first time since I've visisted this forum that was I actually embarrsed by some  of the comments. 

Come on Bruin and Hab fans.........you're better then this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

Re: All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries

Thanks for writing such a thoughtful post.

I'd like to say that no one here hates Canada, but that probably wouldn't be 100% true. I hope it is though. I can say the majority of us don't. We also understand that most of Canada doesn't hate us either. Apart from Quebec of course, but they hate other Canadians too. ;)
    I think most of the angst _here_ stems from the attacks upon this blog from Habs fans. They came in here guns a blazing. People here are going to defend themselves in any manner they know how. Right or wrong.

Funny thing is, there is a lot of common ground here, but neither side is really listening and fingers are pointing in both directions.  It will all calm down eventually I hope.

Thanks again for your post. :) Leafs fans, in my eyes, are pretty awesome. :)

-Kris

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re: All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries

In Response to All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries:
    [QUOTE]I have tried to resist getting into the mud around the Chara hit as I've read thru most of the posts. First of all, it was a hockey play that went bad.  I think Chara deserved both the interference penalty, which it was, and the major.  The NHL made the right call in not suspending Chara. As a Leaf fan I certainly hate having to play against Chara, but you can't suspend him because he is the strongest guy in the league.  When he hits you, it's going to hurt, especially near the boards.  It's too bad the hit took place where it did, but the game is ultra fast and what we see in slow motion is a distortion.  These guys make split second decisions.  Anyone that thinks Chara even had time to deliberate "oh...I hate this guy and now I have a  chance to break this guy's neck..gitty-up!" is delirious.   I'm sure he wanted to sting him with the hit, which is what most guys try and do, but injure him?  Chara is simply not that kind of player.  If he was, he'd have killed a dozen guys by now. I think the Hab fans are definitely over-reacting because of the extent of the injury that transpired and that it was the Bruins. Bruin fans hate the Hab fans so they are over-reacting to the over-reaction in Montreal.  It's ballooning to ridiculas levels. What I can't stand are the comments of the minority of ignorant people that paint this as a Canada/US divide.  That is simply stupid.  The better posters on this forum should ignore that garbage.  I'm a proud Canadian and I have the highest respect for our neighbors below the 49th parallel.  I'm know the majority of Canadians and Americans feel the same. This is the first time since I've visisted this forum that was I actually embarrsed by some  of the comments.  Come on Bruin and Hab fans.........you're better then this.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Good post.  Thanks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

One guys post that said you whiners from canada wasnt intent to mean all of canada, he was frustrated with the way mtl was handling the situation. The truth is canada does have whiners as every country does. His intent was the whiners, very few in canada but many in MTL. I use to be a trucker and been many places in canada and the usa and MTL was one i hated even driving thru. Dont get me wrong, theres many good ppl there, but many lets just say arent.
    Great posts guys, were all hockey fans no matter where we are from.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries:
    [QUOTE]I have tried to resist getting into the mud around the Chara hit as I've read thru most of the posts. First of all, it was a hockey play that went bad.  I think Chara deserved both the interference penalty, which it was, and the major.  The NHL made the right call in not suspending Chara. As a Leaf fan I certainly hate having to play against Chara, but you can't suspend him because he is the strongest guy in the league.  When he hits you, it's going to hurt, especially near the boards.  It's too bad the hit took place where it did, but the game is ultra fast and what we see in slow motion is a distortion.  These guys make split second decisions.  Anyone that thinks Chara even had time to deliberate "oh...I hate this guy and now I have a  chance to break this guy's neck..gitty-up!" is delirious.   I'm sure he wanted to sting him with the hit, which is what most guys try and do, but injure him?  Chara is simply not that kind of player.  If he was, he'd have killed a dozen guys by now. I think the Hab fans are definitely over-reacting because of the extent of the injury that transpired and that it was the Bruins. Bruin fans hate the Hab fans so they are over-reacting to the over-reaction in Montreal.  It's ballooning to ridiculas levels. What I can't stand are the comments of the minority of ignorant people that paint this as a Canada/US divide.  That is simply stupid.  The better posters on this forum should ignore that garbage.  I'm a proud Canadian and I have the highest respect for our neighbors below the 49th parallel.  I'm know the majority of Canadians and Americans feel the same. This is the first time since I've visisted this forum that was I actually embarrsed by some  of the comments.  Come on Bruin and Hab fans.........you're better then this.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Well put LRH!  I too, as well as some other well known posters around here have stayed clear of the Chara/Pacioretty issue and the circus it has become, . It's really a non win situation if you try to debate your opinions/position because no one is listening on either side... Bruins fans vs Hab fans , and clearly the hatred for these franchises by their respective fans thru the years is clearly evident with some of the comments ( nice way of putting it)  that have turned this forum into not a nice place to visit recently.. Hopefully it will die down soon enough and we can get back to talking hockey and the upcoming playoffs..

All of this talk of government , police, Corporate CEO's jumping on this train in Canada to do nothing more than to be self serving is disgusting as a Canadian living in this country.. I want my tax dollars , of which we pay a hefty sum, better used than to cop favouritism amongst the population.. Let's play hockey and here is hoping for a speedy recovery for Pacioretty..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Living in Northern Maine and what I do for work, Im in Canada a LOT.  Quebec and New Brunswick mostly.  New Brunswick the most and a little in Nova Scotia.  There is a HUGE difference between the people as a whole and the overall attitude.  I absolutely hate going to, through or being in Quebec in general.  New Brunswick is a place Id LOVE to live in, and as a die-hard Mainer, we dont want to live anywhere else.

My family (Maliseet's) are from the Quebec region and left a LONG time ago.  My wifes family is all from Quebec, they left around 70 years ago and still have lots of family up there.  They dont go there EVER and really have nothing to do with them.  They came over from France in the 1650's and have lived in the same area ever since.  Her family here are thought of as traitors for leaving and not wanting to come back, honest truth.  I know not everyone is like that, but Ive seen LOTS that are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Great post, thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

@LHR - Great post...for some of my thoughts regarding this topic please see the thread "...crybabies in Canada"

@bigvig - I live in Saint John, New Brunswick. You're welcome. Anytime.
    (you too, LHR, Krispy, steve and others)

Now, let's turn this positive vibe into a winning streak - starting with the BlueJackets!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

In Response to Re: All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries:
    [QUOTE]Living in Northern Maine and what I do for work, Im in Canada a LOT.  Quebec and New Brunswick mostly.  New Brunswick the most and a little in Nova Scotia.  There is a HUGE difference between the people as a whole and the overall attitude.  I absolutely hate going to, through or being in Quebec in general.  New Brunswick is a place Id LOVE to live in, and as a die-hard Mainer, we dont want to live anywhere else. My family (Maliseet's) are from the Quebec region and left a LONG time ago.  My wifes family is all from Quebec, they left around 70 years ago and still have lots of family up there.  They dont go there EVER and really have nothing to do with them.  They came over from France in the 1650's and have lived in the same area ever since.  Her family here are thought of as traitors for leaving and not wanting to come back, honest truth.  I know not everyone is like that, but Ive seen LOTS that are.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    7 millions in Quebec.....you're family is a minority... little minority..... funny how tourists loves to come here and feel warmly welcome..... I'M one of those !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It is two countries!

Canada stinks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

And by the way what's the crimininality rate in Boston comparing to quebec ?? just look and tell me after , mass murder, kidnapping and so on.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

In Response to Re: All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries:
    [QUOTE]It is two countries! Canada stinks!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Do your Canadians players in your team stink ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Half of your players are from Canada LOL meaning your team stinks :))))

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

see how you're ridiculous !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All this rhetoric around Chara Hit is between a mutal hatred between 2 teams, NOT 2 countries : 7 millions in Quebec.....you're family is a minority... little minority..... funny how tourists loves to come here and feel warmly welcome..... I'M one of those !
    Posted by Greatseason[/QUOTE]

tourists going to quebec and "feel warmly welcome". you are being sarcastic, right? even quebecers can't stand to be there, that's why they all vacation in old orchard, me or shediac,nb.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

LOL.... you're still so ridiculous

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

instead of saying stupidities.... listen to what NHL players say when they talk about montreal.... it will help you ...to learn more about this place

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

When Pittsburgh won the Stanley Cup their french players went back to Quebec with that famous Cup and ,stayed all summer with their families enjoying to be there... you're really really mentally retarded... grow up kiddo in summer when i'm there i can't count how many americans tourists i see there's too much of them.... maybe you did'nt go to far from your backward to see what's going on elsewhere....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]instead of saying stupidities.... listen to what NHL players say when they talk about montreal.... it will help you ...to learn more about this place

i know briere would love to play there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I don't believe this is about US vs Canada.  Most fans, myself included have many great friends up north and I enjoy traveling there.

That said, this crybaby behavior is being done by Canadiens' fans who live in the Montreal area.  This is not the first event where they have overreacted emotionally and immaturely, believing they are the center of the hockey universe.

911 calls were not made by Habs fans living in Pittsburgh, ya know?

Booing the US national anthem wasn't in Tampa bay.

What I'm saying is- no one here (mostly ) is blaming "Canada," but you cannot overlook the behavior of those living in the Montreal area which is still a provincial issue, not just a fan issue.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Lecavalier would have love to...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Lecavalier would have love to...

keep on believing that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

they stand up for the safety of their players good for them .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Anyway here it's Boston the center of universe no?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Anyway here it's Boston the center of universe no?

i don't know what this means. anyway, i'm from nb. come and see me when you're in shediac this summer.

Sections
Shortcuts