almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SEABASS2014. Show SEABASS2014's posts

almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard!

Time to use some of this cap space PC we need another forward
    and some help at the back, Corvo and Poulliot are done

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard!

In Response to almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard!:
    [QUOTE]Time to use some of this cap space PC we need another forward and some help at the back, Corvo and Poulliot are done
    Posted by SEABASS2014[/QUOTE]

I can't take corvo anymore. Didn't mind him the beginning of the year, actually thought he was a good replacement over Kaberle. Not anymore. Seems to have lost all confidence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Currently it stands at :

$9,454,888

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

I think Oates did some analysis which projected that number to be 11 mil by the end of the month.  Basically the longer you wait to make a deal the more flexibility the GM has and the more money the owner pockets (I don't point this out in spite).  I think getting a guy in early has its benefits, but not if we have to overpay.  We overpayed for Kaberle last year in order to give him time to gel and pundits are saying sellers are asking for the moon right now.  Also Chowdah points out we have no 2nd or 4th round pick this year and a bone-dry system.  I think this year we should be patient and only hunt for bargain/Fill-in/Leadership types.  At most I am only comfortble with losing one out of the Knight/Spooner/KoKo trio and I would not give up Hamilton unless Suter or Weber were coming back and they are not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Pro-rated it'll be 13.7 at the deadline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard!:
    [QUOTE]Currently it stands at : $9,454,888 http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5 I think Oates did some analysis which projected that number to be 11 mil by the end of the month.  Basically the longer you wait to make a deal the more flexibility the GM has and the more money the owner pockets (I don't point this out in spite).  I think getting a guy in early has its benefits, but not if we have to overpay.  We overpayed for Kaberle last year in order to give him time to gel and pundits are saying sellers are asking for the moon right now.  Also Chowdah points out we have no 2nd or 4th round pick this year and a bone-dry system.  I think this year we should be patient and only hunt for bargain/Fill-in/Leadership types.  At most I am only comfortble with losing one out of the Knight/Spooner/KoKo trio and I would not give up Hamilton unless Suter or Weber were coming back and they are not.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    I could see them doing something with Spooner seeing as he was the pick after Jared Knight.  Koko, forget it.  He's a pure goal scorer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Plenty of space for Whitney and Suter

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard! : I could see them doing something with Spooner seeing as he was the pick after Jared Knight.  Koko, forget it.  He's a pure goal scorer.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

My list right now is :

1: Hamilton
    2: Koko
    3a: Knight
    3b: Spooner

My estimation is that you don't get someone of Whitney's quality without including Koko.  In that case he is out of my desired price range.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

A 1st and a lesser pick would get Whitney, no need to trade any of those guys.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]A 1st and a lesser pick would get Whitney, no need to trade any of those guys.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Do you believe that our farm system is good enough to go into the draft with one pick in the first 4 rounds.  I would prefer to evaluate these guys, to determine who might be the most overrated.  I would then try to use that guy before our first rounder if possible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Boy, how the tide has turned on everyone's favorite trade target last year, "Cap" Space.  He could do no wrong in some people's eyes last year, but now everyone wants to ditch him for journeyman depth players and guys who ahve been instrumental in the Oilers achieving their record of recent success.

bim, most of the scouting reports and the comments from his coaches say Khokhlachev needs to shoot more because he's more of a pass-first player.  Doesn't sound like a "pure goal scorer" to me, and the few times I've seen him, he didn't play like one either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Just don't trade Dougie

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Even with the cap space I don't see the bruins going out and getting a stud player. If anything and nothing wrong with this I think they might add some depth like last season. Since PC has been here outside of kaberle he hasn't gotten a big name and after seeing how kaberle played I wouldn't be surprised if hes a little gun shy about getting an elite player. The kaberle trade I thought was a failure but can't fault the bruins for that. He got a cup ring but don't think he was  vital reason.

Wideman=Kaberle=Corvo the curse continues haha

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yeah, at the day of the deadline if the Bruins place Savard on LTIR, they can actually take on 16 mil in full-year salary, as long as the contracts expire at the end of the year.  I doubt they will take on big money, but cap room is not an issue as we get close to the deadline.

[QUOTE]Currently it stands at : $9,454,888 http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5 I think Oates did some analysis which projected that number to be 11 mil by the end of the month.  Basically the longer you wait to make a deal the more flexibility the GM has and the more money the owner pockets (I don't point this out in spite).  I think getting a guy in early has its benefits, but not if we have to overpay.  We overpayed for Kaberle last year in order to give him time to gel and pundits are saying sellers are asking for the moon right now.  Also Chowdah points out we have no 2nd or 4th round pick this year and a bone-dry system.  I think this year we should be patient and only hunt for bargain/Fill-in/Leadership types.  At most I am only comfortble with losing one out of the Knight/Spooner/KoKo trio and I would not give up Hamilton unless Suter or Weber were coming back and they are not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I wouldn't trade a 1st if I could avoid it, and not for Whitney.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

This is a clear case of having room in the cupboard but no money to buy the groceries.  No depth in the farm, a roster you don't want to mess with too much, and few draft picks.  Looks like tweaks at best.  I'm in the camp of hanging on to all three of Koko, Knight and Spooner.  It's too early to tell which of the three is expendable.  Let them develop in the system. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Zach Hamill could get any deal done.  I would deal Knight.  If they plan to keep Kelly I might deal Spooner, but would rather not.  The truth is, the lineup is so young up front that they don't need a lot of prospects there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard! : This is a clear case of having room in the cupboard but no money to buy the groceries.  No depth in the farm, a roster you don't want to mess with too much, and few draft picks.  Looks like tweaks at best.  I'm in the camp of hanging on to all three of Koko, Knight and Spooner.  It's too early to tell which of the three is expendable.  Let them develop in the system. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Right.  Ansd if we overspend to fill the cabinets now with the future assets credit line, our window of opportunity will close far too early for a team with such a young nucleus.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard!:[QUOTE]Zach Hamill could get any deal done.  I would deal Knight.  If they plan to keep Kelly I might deal Spooner, but would rather not.  The truth is, the lineup is so young up front that they don't need a lot of prospects there.Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Hence the great stockpiling by PC (Knight, Spooner and KoKo) and I could see one of them getting back this years 2nd rounder to draft a defenseman which is needed badly.

Oates, what do you like more about Sponner over Knight ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Spooner has been impressive in the last 2 training camps.  Knight has been playing well, from what ive heard...tough decision.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

bring in inglia from calgary he can do the job calgary needs to start rebuilding   he can score an will be a good leader in the room 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

(1) Last time I checked Calgary was still in the playoff hunt so no Iginla
    (2) Last time I checked Phoenix was still in the play off hunt so no Whitney

This will narrow it down to Selanne if he moves his NTC, St. Louis, Hemsky, Ruutu. Selanne will not go to Boston. Now we are down to three. The Bruins have enough Ruutu's in the line up. That will narrow it down to 2 Hemsky is good but injury prone we had enough bad luck with injuries. St. Louis is a good friend with Thomas , so the possibility of St. Loius wearing the black and gold is my best thought or prediction. Do the Bruins want an veteran player or are they working a deal that can get the big gun that will work out better for the future such as Getzlaf for Krejci plus ????????

I will be repetitive about this wait and see the Horton issue if Nathan is ready to come back soon and be play off ready then we will not need scoring help. Krejci is a -3 at the moment and not sure what line they will put him on next game.  Horton being sideline is the problem at the moment for Krejci and Looch.

Marchand Bergy Seguin
    Poulit Kelly Peverly
    Looch Krejci (Caron can fit in this line and this can be a temporary 3rd line until deadline or Horton readiness)
    Paille Campbell Thornton

Make a simple trade without causing panic very soon:

Trade Corvo for Zidlichy this player is wanting to get out of Minny and these players when they leave a situation will redeem themselves and wanting to play

Wheeler and Wideman are playing content hockey for thier new teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard! : My list right now is : 1: Hamilton 2: Koko 3a: Knight 3b: Spooner My estimation is that you don't get someone of Whitney's quality without including Koko.  In that case he is out of my desired price range.

1. Hamilton 2. Spooner 3. Knight 4. Koko.........as of now for me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Boy, how the tide has turned on everyone's favorite trade target last year, "Cap" Space.  He could do no wrong in some people's eyes last year, but now everyone wants to ditch him for journeyman depth players and guys who ahve been instrumental in the Oilers achieving their record of recent success. bim, most of the scouting reports and the comments from his coaches say Khokhlachev needs to shoot more because he's more of a pass-first player.  Doesn't sound like a "pure goal scorer" to me, and the few times I've seen him, he didn't play like one either.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. Although Koko has a good shot he is more of a playmaker. There are only a handful of guys at the top of the scoring list with around the ratio of twice the assists compared to goals. Koko is one of them 20-37=57.

A pass-first player he is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I guess I think there is a small chance that Spooner emerges as a real talented impact player.  I think of Knight as a guy that could be a grinder with skill, but Spooner might be more than that.  Not saying he will be, just that he might be.  He's considered one of the better centers in Junior hockey right now.  He's also a lefty, which the Bruins are short on in the long term.  I would personally keep Krejci, Bergeron and Seguin on the team for the next decade if I could.  Kelly and Campbell less so, so it would be nice to have a lefty come along.  But mostly it's just that Spooner has had some strong camps the last couple years and seems to think the game well.  That's usually the difference in making it in the NHL - the mental game.  He could be a guy like Marchand, a guy that was good in Junior that was just as good in the NHL because he could make the transition mentally where others fail.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard! : Hence the great stockpiling by PC (Knight, Spooner and KoKo) and I could see one of them getting back this years 2nd rounder to draft a defenseman which is needed badly. Oates, what do you like more about Sponner over Knight ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

I would love to see Iginla in a Bruins jersey!!  Not sure it can or will happen but one can dream.....Go Bruins.