almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard!

You may need to add Horton's cap space to that figure, if he doesn't improve.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard!:
    But mostly it's just that Spooner has had some strong camps the last couple years and seems to think the game well.  That's usually the difference in making it in the NHL - the mental game.  Posted by OatesCam

I thought he looked really selfish this last camp, like a kid who came to camp with a real chip on his shoulder about taking that last step from being the last cut to making the team...but stepping right off a bridge.  Way too many solo rushes, too many attempts to beat guys one on one instead of using his linemates...just a little bit of misplaced arrogance.  We like him for his moxie with the puck, but he has some growing up to do.  And he looks like he's four, so that isn't a surprise.

Spooner's a higher risk, and I'm not sure if there's a potentially higher reward.  He was scoring at around 1.24 point/game last year, and he's down to 1.12 this year.  Those aren't eye-popping numbers when you have undrafted guys from his draft year putting up 1.74 (Tanner Pearson) and the guy who went two picks later - Toffoli - putting up 1.62 and leading the OHL in scoring.  On the other hand, Spooner hasn't had a stable situation with a good team and consistent linemates, and he's widely acknowledged to be one of the best pure talents in the league. Bit like John McFarland, actually - no one questions the talent, but the results haven't been what you'd expect.

He could remind us all of Zach Hamill over the next four years.  I see a lot of potential for that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You may need to add Horton's cap space to that figure, if he doesn't improve.Posted by KrayzieJoe

PC will have all the space he needs to get a top line winger and a Dman if they shut Horton down which they should Joe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard! : 1. Hamilton 2. Spooner 3. Knight 4. Koko.........as of now for me.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

for me

Hamilton
    Spooner
    Koko

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard! : Agree with this. Although Koko has a good shot he is more of a playmaker. There are only a handful of guys at the top of the scoring list with around the ratio of twice the assists compared to goals. Koko is one of them 20-37=57.   A pass-first player he is.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

That's really interesting.  At camp he didn't look that way at all.  At camp he was shoot first all the way.  Stayed after practice to work on his skating.  That kind of stuff makes me want to root for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard! : That's really interesting.  At camp he didn't look that way at all.  At camp he was shoot first all the way.  Stayed after practice to work on his skating.  That kind of stuff makes me want to root for him.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I will see your 1 day of rookie camp and raise you .........of OHL game action.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Thinking ahead, any good FA this summer?  After signing Tuuka and Krecji.

I wouldn't mind Grabowski but don't need another center.
    Need some Dmen.  Bring back Brad Stuart?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: almost 7 million in cap space inc Savard! : I will see your 1 day of rookie camp and raise you .........of OHL game action.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I fold.

Sections
Shortcuts