Almost pointless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Almost pointless

Anyone who knows my posts knows I like CJ and don't mind Seguin playing limited minutes this season, but his current spot on the 4th line makes almost no sense. Playing with Campbell and Thornton is doing him no favors. I know it's better than junior, by far, and he can't go to the AHL, and that CJ wants to develop the chemistry of his top 3 lines before the playoffs, but its a little frustrating to see him play pretty well but get limited minutes with limited potential to score (no offense to Campbell and Thornton whom I also like).

On the flip side, Seguin's limited minutes should shut up the people who say CJ plays his fourth line too much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Almost pointless

OMG - it's like that perpetual motion machine where you strap buttered toast to the back of a cat butter side up, then drop the cat.  (Cat's always land on their feet.  Toast always lands butter side down.)

Seguin needs to play more.
    4th line needs to play less.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think it's clear that CJ cares a lot less about stats than he does about learning the system.  He's gonna sink or swim with it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dc...i completely see where you are coming from, but what other options does cj have? you can't mess with the top 2 lines- they are carrying the team. the 3rd line with pev/kelly/ryder looks to be as good as any 3rd line in the nhl. ryder actually looks energized to play with these guys(playing d). and i can't think they picked up these 2 guys for 4th line duty. marchand was produtive with these guys, there is no reason to think segy won't be. he has shown a much more well rounded game over the last 3 or 4 weeks. i like him on that line, the opposition definitely won't take any runs at him with soupy and thorty out there. they are his personal body guards. his production level is not that important THIS year, his time on ice is, any minutes are good minutes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

"They're ruinin' his development!!!"

Rinse.  Repeat.

People!  The kid just turned 19 years old.  He will be fine.  Come in off the ledge... your boyfriend will be fine.

Who are they going to displace an move down to the 4th line to make room for him if he moves up?  Bergeron?  Recchi?  A guy that's been in the league longer than Seguin has been alive?  Horton?  Lucic?  Ryder?  You're really going to move one of these guys down for a 19 year old with 5 months experience?  On a Stanley Cup contending team?

Get real.  Get over the fanboy crush and think logically... he is exactly where he should be on this team.  If there's an injury, maybe they move him up.  But for now, everyone take a cold shower and relax.  Little Tyler will be just fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

adk makes the valid point that the fourth line was a perfectly fine starting point for Marchand so it should be fine for Seguin too.  It's low-pressure, the guys do the dirty work and have more skill than they get credit for (especially Campbell).  Seguin is only held back by his own lack of experience, not his situation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Re: Almost pointless:
    "They're ruinin' his development!!!" Rinse.  Repeat. People!  The kid just turned 19 years old.  He will be fine.  Come in off the ledge... your boyfriend will be fine. Who are they going to displace an move down to the 4th line to make room for him if he moves up?  Bergeron?  Recchi?  A guy that's been in the league longer than Seguin has been alive ?  Horton?  Lucic?  Ryder?  You're really going to move one of these guys down for a 19 year old with 5 months experience?  On a Stanley Cup contending team? Get real.  Get over the fanboy crush and think logically... he is exactly where he should be on this team.  If there's an injury, maybe they move him up.  But for now, everyone take a cold shower and relax.  Little Tyler will be just fine.
    Posted by BuzzardBoots

SO TRUE.....Right on about Seguin and all the crushes everyone has on him. His minutes are exactly where they need to be....He really needs to work on his skating. Of all the players, he is so not smooth on his skates. Its as if his feet and skates are too big for his body. Im not saying he isnt fast, just not smooth on his skates.....Lucic is sort of the same way, not the smoothes of skaters, but Lucic is a stud and brings it every night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

OMG - it's like that perpetual motion machine where you strap buttered toast to the back of a cat butter side up, then drop the cat.  (Cat's always land on their feet.  Toast always lands butter side down.) Seguin needs to play more. 4th line needs to play less. ________________________ Put Seguin on 4th line. Harness the endless energy of flip-flopping fans to propel team directly to Stanley Cup.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Bookboy, you come out with some REALLY good stuff, but this may be your best ever. INCREDIBLE! Keep it up. Cat, toast, butter...too funny!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deuce27. Show deuce27's posts

Just wanted to point out that the other night when Horton was off for fighting, CJ put Seguin up on the top line with Krejci (may have happened the other night two after Lucic's fight, but don't recall).  Very small sample I know, but at least he was getting a chance with a top line.  Maybe CJ didn't want to mess with is second and third line combos for those few minutes or maybe it was CJ's way of rewarding a young guy who's been working hard...either way has its merits, but it was nice to see him play with top line folks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Seguin is dreamy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

He's always my "High Energy" play of the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

People just need to get over the cliche that a 4th line in the NHL strictly has to be a goon/checking/energy line.  It is just a 4th line, that is all.  Seguin is not a top 9 forward on this team right now, he is where he should be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What's better?  Fourth line minutes or press box?  If the team can win and give him some ice time each game, it's perfect.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

He's always my "High Energy" play of the game.
    Posted by BuzzardBoots

^ post of the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

In Response to Re: Almost pointless : ^ post of the season.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Cheers!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Almost pointless : SO TRUE.....Right on about Seguin and all the crushes everyone has on him. His minutes are exactly where they need to be....He really needs to work on his skating. Of all the players, he is so not smooth on his skates. Its as if his feet and skates are too big for his body. Im not saying he isnt fast, just not smooth on his skates.....Lucic is sort of the same way, not the smoothes of skaters, but Lucic is a stud and brings it every night.
    Posted by bgrif008

Lucic's skating is to Seguin's as Marchand's height is to Chara's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Almost pointless : Lucic's skating is to Seguin's as Marchand's height is to Chara's.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Not that I disagree with your point but Lucic has improved his skating drastically this season.  Still the weakest skater that comes to mind on the Bruins but there's no telling how good this kid will be when his learning curve slows, he has broken every expectation of mine already.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Almost pointless : Not that I disagree with your point but Lucic has improved his skating drastically this season.  Still the weakest skater that comes to mind on the Bruins but there's no telling how good this kid will be when his learning curve slows, he has broken every expectation of mine already.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Thornton or Recchi are the weakest. They both have to get a running start, while on skates.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

In Response to Re: Almost pointless : Lucic's skating is to Seguin's as Marchand's height is to Chara's.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Now that is FUNNY. Can see it now. At least Lucic will make the hit! Guess Marchand could "jump"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Almost pointless : Thornton or Recchi are the weakest. They both have to get a running start, while on skates.
    Posted by callodthedom19

I can't believe I forgot about Thorton.  I thought that Recchi was losing speed but still had form over Lucic, I will keep my eye on that specifically over the upcoming games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Almost pointless : I can't believe I forgot about Thorton.  I thought that Recchi was losing speed but still had form over Lucic, I will keep my eye on that specifically over the upcoming games.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Watch them both. Thornton literally runs on ice to gain speed. Recchi does more of a cute little hop thing. My fiance pointed it out to me one night.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Recchi skates like a hobbit, always has.  Lucic is not a natural skater but he has really taken it up a gear this season.  He is now beating opponents with speed.  It's awesome.  He is not graceful, but he is powerful.  Whoever said Seguin needs to work on his skating... well... come on.

Sections
Shortcuts