American asking for Canadian opinions...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

American asking for Canadian opinions...

I know there are a lot of Bruins fans out there that are Canadian. ANd I'm sure that includes some of you on this board. So I want to know, honestly... what do most Canadians think of this Bruins/Canucks series?

Are the Canucks the villains? Are the Bruins viewed as a bunch of bullies? Is it a 50/50 split? What do people honestly think?

I know that if your a Bruins fans you're probably a little biased, but I figure you must have some idea, from talking with friends, co-workers, people who you know aren't fans of either team, etc...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: American asking for Canadian opinions...

I love the series. Not so happy with the current standings, but I'm hoping that's going to change after Wednesdays game. Both teams are giving and taking hits and playing the typical playoff mind games. Both teams are battling. Best team will win this series, and I think it'll be the Bruins!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Toronto Star reporter Damien Cox has a great article today calling Van "headhunting, diving, biting, dirty team" This is the first honest report from the Cdn media. He points out how Chicago rallied because of the Torres dirty headhunting hit to come back from 3 games down.
    Van is not Canada's team.

Go B's  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

In Response to Re: American asking for Canadian opinions...:
    Toronto Star reporter Damien Cox has a great article today calling Van "headhunting, diving, biting, dirty team" This is the first honest report from the Cdn media. He points out how Chicago rallied because of the Torres dirty headhunting hit to come back from 3 games down. Van is not Canada's team. Go B's  
    Posted by jman4

Bruins fans are in the minority (70-30), but more passionate.
    And strangely enough, most hardcore Canuck fans are woman. Maybe the Swedish twin fantasy works both ways.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Most people I talk to don't view the Bruins as villains but the majority are cheering for Vancouver because they are a Canadian based team (especially the people who are only average fans or only fans come play-off time).  Since I am a Bruins fan I always point out that there are more Canadians on the Bruin team than there are on the Canucks. 

I live in the Toronto area and every year I hear fans saying you should cheer for the Canadian team.  I cheer for the team I like better either from an organization or player point of view.  I cheered for Calgary against Tampa, Carolina against Edmonton and Ottawa against Anaheim.  I would cheer for anyone over the Leafs or Habs.  Leaf fans are always saying to cheer for the Canadian team (they said it when Calgary played Tampa, when Edmonton played Carolina and when Ottawa played Anaheim (oh wait because of the Toronto/Ottawa rivalry they pulled out the more Canadians on Anaheim thing, so in other words they are full of crap and don't stick to anything they say).  Leaf fans are just like Habs fans - annoying but less whiney, but still with the same totally biased view of the hockey world.  They couldn't step back and be objective if their life depended on it.  Most of them would think Wendel Clark was better than Cam Neely because of how much he was over-hyped in Toronto.  Who is in the Hall of Fame?  Cam was also a 4 time end of year all-star to none for Wendel.  Leaf fan usually equals no clue. 

Up here we also have to deal with the CBC and this year TSN and their biased coverage of the play-offs.  It p*sses me off.  I think it has gotten worse because no Canadian based team has won in so long.  There has always been a hint of favourtism for the Canadian teams but this year they have put it right out there, and it is sickening - especially when the Bruins have so many Canadians (11 of 12 forwards). 

I only kind of answered your question but it gave me a chance to rant, because I have to listen to this crap up here.  The good news though is that we knocked the scabs out and there has not been a play-off game in Toronto since 2004 and the silence has been golden.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Most of Canada is not behind Vancouver.  The media is trying to force it, but it would be like saying Boston is behind New York if the Red Sox go out.  It's garbage. And there are a LOT of Boston fans in eastern Canada.  Also, no one likes the players on the Canucks and the way they play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Out here in Jasper, my friends know me as the "Big Bruin Fan", so are happy for me when they win. From my perspective I would say that others here have answered the question. People cheer for Vancouver because they are a Canadian team.

The only difference will come when you run into specific team fans. There aren't many Flame / Oiler / Leaf fans that care if the Canucks win the cup, that I have run into, especially Flame fans. They HATE Vancouver.

Also, from what I've seen, heard or read (edmonton journal), the Bruins haven't being depicted as villain's. Go B's Go !

Sections
Shortcuts