Amnesiac Line Shuffle.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Amnesiac Line Shuffle.

Just for fun, suppose the Bruins showed up for the morning skate on Saturday and found that they couldn't remember any knowledge from this season, and due to technical difficulties couldn't access any outside information.  Julien would have to put together his lineup based strictly on what skills they could show during a practice session.  Players would remember what positions they could play.

How would you assemble the lines? (This is meant to be for the forwards, but if you want to do the D as well, knock yourself out.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Re: Amnesiac Line Shuffle.

Krejci  Lucic  Horton (if it aint broke dont fix it)
    Bergeron  Marchand  Seguin   (very responsible line could help seguin)
    Kelly  Ryder  Peverly  (W   KRP in Boston not Cicinnatti)
    Campbell  Recchi  Paille/Thornton go game for game at Neely's discretion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I would love to see Horton get a shot with Bergy and Marchand.  I say Bergy and Horton out together for a couple of shifts/middle of changes and they looked to have a bit of chemistry between them.  I think Horton's speed would make for a great fit on that line.  Recchi....put him on 4th....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Amnesiac Line Shuffle.:
    I would love to see Horton get a shot with Bergy and Marchand.  I say Bergy and Horton out together for a couple of shifts/middle of changes and they looked to have a bit of chemistry between them.  I think Horton's speed would make for a great fit on that line.  Recchi....put him on 4th....
    Posted by stingerjp

You read my mind.I love the idea of putting Horton with Bergeron and Marchand.I'd even give Seguin a shot with DK and Lucic.The lines overall skill set would be similar to the makeup of the Lucic-Savard-Kessel combo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

You guys are moving Seguin all over the place. Stop messing with him. You're hindering his development.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You guys are moving Seguin all over the place. Stop messing with him. You're hindering his development.
    Posted by habsslobknob

I never moved him anywhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lucic-Krejci-Ryder (See if David can find Michael again)
    Marchand-Bergeron-Horton (Nathan re-start)
    Kelly-Peverly-Seguin (Nothing but speed)
    Recchi-Campbell-Paille/Thornton (no more than 9 minutes of ice time per game but Recchi back in front of the net on the PP #1 unit)

I also might try late period line mixes of Horton with Peverly, Kelly drops down to the 4th and Recchi back with Bergeron on the 2nd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Lucic-Krejci-Ryder (See if David can find Michael again) Marchand-Bergeron-Horton (Nathan re-start) Kelly-Peverly-Seguin (Nothing but speed) Recchi-Campbell-Paille/Thornton (no more than 9 minutes of ice time per game but Recchi back in front of the net on the PP #1 unit) I also might try late period line mixes of Horton with Peverly, Kelly drops down to the 4th and Recchi back with Bergeron on the 2nd.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

That's a good looking lineup too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Okay, maybe I didn't get the intent of this post across well.  The idea was that you were to put together lines with no pre-conceived notions of who works well with who.  Only skill set.  So, putting together a speed like like SanDogBrewin did.

The main reason I brought this up is that whenever I try to do this, I end up having to put a square peg in a round hole somewhere.  I wanted to see how other people ended up placing players.

Here are the couple lineups I could think of:

The Traditional:

Lucic-Bergeron-Horton
    (All three a threat to shoot or pass, should be tough to defend.)

Recchi-Krejčí-Ryder
    (I think Krejčí does well with guys like Recchi that play well positionally.  Speed doesn't always seem to matter with his passing style, so this would be the slow line.)

Marchand-Kelley-Peverley
    (Call it a checking line if you want; to other teams it would just be 'nightmare'.)

Seguin-Campbell-Paille/Thornton
    (And this is where I get in trouble.  I would want it to be a secondary checking line, but Seguin?  He's been better lately, but still.  At least this line should be effective against other teams' lower pairings.)

The Two-Way:

Lucic-Krejčí-Peverley
    Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
    Recchi-Kelly-Ryder
    Seguin-Campbell-Paille/Thornton
    (The idea here is that each line can score and defend.  The lines get less offensive as you go down the list).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ok Dr.CC, we'll have them all skate up and down once which will give you:

Bergeron/Marchand/Seguin
        Lucic/ Kelly/Horton
        Peverly/Kreji/Paille
        Ryder[ouch]/Campbell/Recchi  w Thornton filling in once in a while

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't wipe out "pre-conceived" out of my head. I watch them too much so the arm chair coach comes out and wants to put the players where coach wants them to perform better.

Sections
Shortcuts