Analytical Observations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Analytical Observations

In response to red75's comment:

and nas, if it was maestro dobel or don julio, there's a hope.

Tequila will unlock all sorts of things.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

and book, the problem is that every time i see one of my posts now i think of that damn song.

Declaring victory and heading for the Lagavulin bottle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Dirt Clod Jams' comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

The "go over basics of playoff seeding" was an attempt at sarcasm, maybe it was missed.  They do look lethargic, and its not because they are saving energy for the Playoffs, they're just in a rut and may not come out of it.  To think they've been hiding an extra gear for the last month or two is insane.  We all know they have more to give but they can't seem to find it.

I agree having two more points may not give you an easier opponent but it does give you home ice in later rounds, which I assume the Bruins want given their Home record is better and they want to advance.

The reason people don't want to play the Rangers is because of Lundquist.  What other playoff goalie in the East would you rather play? The answer should be all of them.

Clod, I think I must not be comminucating clearly here.  At no point did I say, or imply, that the Bruins are saving energy, or hiding an extra gear, or any of that gamesmanship.  I think what's happening is not deliberate at all.  I think the Bruin veterans are just having a hard time finding the full instensity, energy, and execution in this ardous last two-week schedule when there is little to be gained.  

I think it is difficult to be inspired by some of these games.  Not that they are holding back, but that they may need the atmosphere of playoff hockey to truly get the cobwebs out and play Bruins hockey.  The Rangers are dangerous because they are a very deep team, not just Henrik.  The playoffs seeding don't mean that much if you look at the win-loss records in recent years.  Home ice advantage doesn't either.  I just don't think veterans are inspired by the games of the last week, compared to actual playoff games.  And the incentive of moving up a point or two in the standings isn't filling the bellies with fire for these guys.  We can both object to that all we want, and demand 100% every night.  But I think you've got a better chance of getting it next week than this week.  That's all.   

I'd rather play Ottawa than NYR.  No?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Clod, I think I must not be comminucating clearly here.

My 100+ rule is so awesome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

aside from cherry's suits, very little offends me.

and nas, that was one of your all time great posts.

and book, the problem is that every time i see one of my posts now i think of that damn song. i doubt that avie will last.

If I thought it would offend you, I wouldn't have written it.  I enjoy giving you the gears about the Jets, and nothing says, "Good post, NAS" like a Red reply of "Oh for Christmas Sakes" or something like that, but never would post something intentionally hurtful towards you.

Now, towards JMW or RHO, I post to kill.

Tequila, huh?  Okay.  And then I'll talk about it here so some fuddy-duddys can attempt to throw it in my face while instead I wear it as a badge of honor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Clod, I think I must not be comminucating clearly here.

My 100+ rule is so awesome.

Was just thinking about that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

NAS, the operative word there is "hope". The wife and I could just as likely be taking advantage of you in order to get good tequilla. That "hope" is one of the few advantages of being gay. Straight guys will do a lot of stupid sh** based on that hope.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Offensive zone checking.

Is that still allowed?

BTW, it's a freakin love fest in here. Go away for 5 days and look what happens...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

With all of the negativity from the "fans" coupled with the marathon, taking a break to say something nice isn't the worst thing in the world.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I like it. A new warm and fuzzy board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

This is not analytical but just an observation.  I do not see them having any fun or enjoyment from playing the game. 

I totally agree OTBest. Last night's game though, they seemed to have a little bit more jump. I wonder if it was the 2 fights that woke them up a bit ? ..It was a good thing Rask had a great game, because he came up very, very big.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bring it!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Uh-oh.  That boxing stork is from Thug U.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah where are the fresh-100%-free-brand-new-sneakers on that stork ?

That had to move all the sporting good stores out of Coral Gables LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Yah where are the fresh-100%-free-brand-new-sneakers on that stork ?

That had to move all the sporting good stores out of Coral Gables LOL

Don't be silly, boxing storks don't need sneakers......Tongue Out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You criss cross on a 2 on 2 in the hopes that the D both attempt to defend the same guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6asIriTAhs

^^^^This

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt Clod Jams. Show Dirt Clod Jams's posts

In response to Dirt Clod Jams' comment:

The "go over basics of playoff seeding" was an attempt at sarcasm, maybe it was missed.  They do look lethargic, and its not because they are saving energy for the Playoffs, they're just in a rut and may not come out of it.  To think they've been hiding an extra gear for the last month or two is insane.  We all know they have more to give but they can't seem to find it.

I agree having two more points may not give you an easier opponent but it does give you home ice in later rounds, which I assume the Bruins want given their Home record is better and they want to advance.

The reason people don't want to play the Rangers is because of Lundquist.  What other playoff goalie in the East would you rather play? The answer should be all of them.

Clod, I think I must not be comminucating clearly here.  At no point did I say, or imply, that the Bruins are saving energy, or hiding an extra gear, or any of that gamesmanship.  I think what's happening is not deliberateat all.  I think the Bruin veterans are just having a hard time finding the full instensity, energy, and execution in this ardous last two-week schedule when there is little to be gained.  

I think it is difficult to be inspired by some of these games.  Not that they are holding back, but that they may need the atmosphere of playoff hockey to truly get the cobwebs out and play Bruins hockey.  The Rangers are dangerous because they are a very deep team, not just Henrik.  The playoffs seeding don't mean that much if you look at the win-loss records in recent years.  Home ice advantage doesn't either.  I just don't think veterans are inspired by the games of the last week, compared to actual playoff games.  And the incentive of moving up a point or two in the standings isn't filling the bellies with fire for these guys.  We can both object to that all we want, and demand 100% every night.  But I think you've got a better chance of getting it next week than this week.  That's all.   

I'd rather play Ottawa than NYR.  No?

That's fair Fletcher, these games are probably not enough to fire up the vets. 

I guess I'm uncomforatable with the idea that I WILL watch uninspired hockey at the end of every season as long as the B's make the playoffs.   

Ottawa is the only team they've beaten every matchup this year, B's should be happy if they draw them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"we so often see whack off the defender"

...am I the only one sophomoric enough to have caught this in BB's initial post? probably

To the original points though. I think there is certainly a lack of imagination in the offensive zone (save Jagr, Marchand, and to a lesser extent Bergeron. They seem to have sucked the creativity out of Krejci altogether) Some of it has do do with the north/south, leave the center defensively back, and every once in a while allow a DMan deep method. After X amount of time it becomes predictable...unless the 2 forwards who are on the forecheck just pound the boards. This worked like a charm in '11, the B's simply owned the corners. This year if/when they lose the battles deep the D Pair and High forward are always in full retreat. I've seen numerous time where the D clears out, the forward steals the puck and lo and behold, no one there to even consider getting a pass. It's not a matter of just going north south or east west it is a matter of doing something/anything the D doesn't expect.

The second problem tactically I've seen this year is their inability to gain the offensive line clean. Watched a lot of Chicago Anaheim, Pitt, etc. this year and the puck carrier always seems able to get inside the line with clean possession sometimes with speed, sometimes with a quick stop to create a passing lane. It seems (this year anyways) that it's dump and chase, shoot from way out and wide, or the ever popular Seguin 1 on 3.

Last note, on what I've deemed their biggest issue...the inability to string 2-3 passes together. I think this is simply a case of not being alert. I've got my wife even repeating it. I say "What does Wayne Gretzky say?" She replies "Skate to where the puck is going to be".

They can make some noise in the playoffs but you can't just turn confidence on and off. Here's to hoping they find that elusive "other gear" that Brick keeps going on about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Oh, it's on now, sukka!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

"we so often see whack off the defender"

...am I the only one sophomoric enough to have caught this in BB's initial post? probably

To the original points though. I think there is certainly a lack of imagination in the offensive zone (save Jagr, Marchand, and to a lesser extent Bergeron. They seem to have sucked the creativity out of Krejci altogether) Some of it has do do with the north/south, leave the center defensively back, and every once in a while allow a DMan deep method. After X amount of time it becomes predictable...unless the 2 forwards who are on the forecheck just pound the boards. This worked like a charm in '11, the B's simply owned the corners. This year if/when they lose the battles deep the D Pair and High forward are always in full retreat. I've seen numerous time where the D clears out, the forward steals the puck and lo and behold, no one there to even consider getting a pass. It's not a matter of just going north south or east west it is a matter of doing something/anything the D doesn't expect.

The second problem tactically I've seen this year is their inability to gain the offensive line clean. Watched a lot of Chicago Anaheim, Pitt, etc. this year and the puck carrier always seems able to get inside the line with clean possession sometimes with speed, sometimes with a quick stop to create a passing lane. It seems (this year anyways) that it's dump and chase, shoot from way out and wide, or the ever popular Seguin 1 on 3.

Last note, on what I've deemed their biggest issue...the inability to string 2-3 passes together. I think this is simply a case of not being alert. I've got my wife even repeating it. I say "What does Wayne Gretzky say?" She replies "Skate to where the puck is going to be".

They can make some noise in the playoffs but you can't just turn confidence on and off. Here's to hoping they find that elusive "other gear" that Brick keeps going on about.

Totally glazed over it, seobrien.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Now that I see it, seo, I can't stop laughing at it.  That would make it very hard to play defense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Now that I see it, seo, I can't stop laughing at it.  That would make it very hard to play defense.

I'd question whether a player's even trying to defend at that point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Very Hard indeed.....