AND A CITY GROANED!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

AND A CITY GROANED!!

Leafs are headed for the golf course and the fans are p*ssed.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=391549#YourCallTop

Some of the comments, mostly from disgruntled Bud fans, are just nasty.

Funny thing is that Habs fan comments are ironic to say the least.

Better luck next year!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: AND A CITY GROANED!!

In Response to AND A CITY GROANED!!:
    [QUOTE] Leafs are headed for the golf course and the fans are p*ssed. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=391549#YourCallTop Some of the comments, mostly from disgruntled Bud fans, are just nasty. Funny thing is that Habs fan comments are ironic to say the least. Better luck next year!!
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

jay - There are some hilarious comments included.  The Leafs haven't won a home game in 50 days.  Can't blame the coach now.  The spotlight should probably shift to Burke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lots of Canadian teams, not many playoff games in Canada this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: AND A CITY GROANED!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to AND A CITY GROANED!! : jay - There are some hilarious comments included.  The Leafs haven't won a home game in 50 days. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Fans are mad now but it actually is to their benefit in the long run if they get a top 3 draft pick out of it. In fact, it could be the best thing to happen to them in some time.

Love Carlyles comments about the team's lack of pride and passion. That is a knife that digs deep. by the way, Grabovski for $5.5 million per year? Youch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Lots of Canadian teams, not many playoff games in Canada this year.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Heh...CBC must be sh**ing their collective pants. No Habs or TO?

Inconceivable!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Lots of Canadian teams, not many playoff games in Canada this year.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Oilers out.  Flames on the bubble as they're 2 pts. out of 8th.  Montreal and the Leafs out.  Jets in 10th and 8 pts. back of Buffalo.  Looks like only the Sens and Vancouver left to carry the maple leaf and as Scotiabank trumpeted during last year's finals, "Bring The Cup Home To Canada."  An misguided campaign considering who they backed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I love how so many of the Leaf faithful are calling for Gilmour to be behind the bench for next year? Does "Dougie" even coach?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AND A CITY GROANED!! : Fans are mad now but it actually is to their benefit in the long run if they get a top 3 draft pick out of it. In fact, it could be the best thing to happen to them in some time. Love Carlyles comments about the team's lack of pride and passion. That is a knife that digs deep. by the way, Grabovski for $5.5 million per year? Youch.

I'm listening to the Leafs' post-game show on AM 640.  There's a lot of frustration on the air tonight.  Understandably so.  Another year of high expecatations missed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AND A CITY GROANED!! : Oilers out.  Flames on the bubble as they're 2 pts. out of 8th.  Montreal and the Leafs out.  Jets in 10th and 8 pts. back of Buffalo.  Looks like only the Sens and Vancouver left to carry the maple leaf and as Scotiabank trumpeted during last year's finals, "Bring The Cup Home To Canada."  An misguided campaign considering who they backed.

Yes you don't need to be a canadian team to win the cup, you just have to have lots of them on your team.  11 of 12 bruin forwards last year were canadian and yet my leaf fan friends try to tell me i'm a traitor for cheering for them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AND A CITY GROANED!! : I'm listening to the Leafs' post-game show on AM 640.  There's a lot of frustration on the air tonight.  Understandably so.  Another year of high expecatations missed.

Will probably be a record number of suicides tonight in the GTA. In truth, they deluded themselves with that fast start and the ever compliant media.

Remember in November, according to the TO press Kessel was going to win the Hart, Phaneuf the Norris, and Reimer the Vezina. Mike Brophy (Sportsnet) even went so far as to make a case why Dave Steckel should win win the Selke. His argument was based on Steckel's FO% being at 56%. Never mind the fact he was a fourth liner playing barely 9 minutes a game with only a handful of goals at that point.

If the fans want someone other than BB to be mad it, it should be the TO media.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AND A CITY GROANED!! : Will probably be a record number of suicides tonight in the GTA. In truth, they deluded themselves with that fast start and the ever compliant media. Remember in November, according to the TO press Kessel was going to win the Hart, Phaneuf the Norris, and Reimer the Vezina. Mike Brophy (Sportsnet) even went so far as to make a case why Dave Steckel should win win the Selke. His argument was based on Steckel's FO% being at 56%. Never mind the fact he was a fourth liner playing barely 9 minutes a game with only a handful of goals at that point. If the fans want someone other than BB to be mad it, it should be the TO media.

All this for a team that now has the 5th worse record in the National Hockey League. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I love how so many of the Leaf faithful are calling for Gilmour to be behind the bench for next year? Does "Dougie" even coach?

jay - This city will always love him because he was at the forefront of their revival back in the early 90's under Pat Burns and Cliff Fletcher.  Small, feisty blood 'n guts type that some, to this day I hear on radio wish Sundin was like.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think Burke should get rid of the tie.
    My nephew in Toronto goes back and forth being either a Leafs fan or the Habs.
    I think he's confused tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]I think Burke should get rid of the tie. My nephew in Toronto goes back and forth being either a Leafs fan or the Habs. I think he's confused tonight.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

You should suggest he become a Panthers fan. I hear they just might make it into the playoffs this year. With all their ot losses and all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AND A CITY GROANED!! : Will probably be a record number of suicides tonight in the GTA. In truth, they deluded themselves with that fast start and the ever compliant media. Remember in November, according to the TO press Kessel was going to win the Hart, Phaneuf the Norris, and Reimer the Vezina. Mike Brophy (Sportsnet) even went so far as to make a case why Dave Steckel should win win the Selke. His argument was based on Steckel's FO% being at 56%. Never mind the fact he was a fourth liner playing barely 9 minutes a game with only a handful of goals at that point. If the fans want someone other than BB to be mad it, it should be the TO media.

I almost can't blame the fans.  This is a market where when they signed Colby Armstrong Sportsnet did a 15 minute special on him. Kadri was the next gretzky, 2 garbage goalies somehow deserve nicknames, they trick themselves and then get dissapointed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AND A CITY GROANED!! : jay - This city will always love him because he was at the forefront of their revival back in the early 90's under Pat Burns and Cliff Fletcher.  Small, feisty blood 'n guts type that some, to this day I hear on radio wish Sundin was like.

I respect him as a player no doubt. But as a coach? That's a stretch. Maybe he could be the next Steve Kaspar behind the bench.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AND A CITY GROANED!! : I almost can't blame the fans.  This is a market where when they signed Colby Armstrong Sportsnet did a 15 minute special on him. Kadri was the next gretzky, 2 garbage goalies somehow deserve nicknames, they trick themselves and then get dissapointed.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

And that is the root of the problem I think. At least in Boston KPD and Fluto have some capacity to call it as they see it now and then. If the B's stink, they don't try and sugar coat it. The TO media is beyond the pale. It will only get worse now that Rogers and Bell own the Leafs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

I think its important to mention that boston is up on the leafs by 18 points.  Even if they'd split the series 3-3 it would only be 6 points.  The dominance over the leafs this year basically sealed both teams fate.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Goodnight, Null.

I gotta work tomorrow. You know what that is right? Work?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AND A CITY GROANED!! : I respect him as a player no doubt. But as a coach? That's a stretch. Maybe he could be the next Steve Kaspar behind the bench.

Or the next Mike Murphy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AND A CITY GROANED!! : I almost can't blame the fans.  This is a market where when they signed Colby Armstrong Sportsnet did a 15 minute special on him. Kadri was the next gretzky, 2 garbage goalies somehow deserve nicknames, they trick themselves and then get dissapointed.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

The fans, buoyed by the Leaf-centric media over-value their players. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Still love this clip,  caution, foul language so send the kiddies in the next room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zh1szSHbyM

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I love how so many of the Leaf faithful are calling for Gilmour to be behind the bench for next year? Does "Dougie" even coach?

No.