and he died by the sword , Emelin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: and he died by the sword , Emelin

In response to BsLegion's comment:

because we can look at this picture

https://twitter.com/PezDOY/status/321294452759068672/photo/1 

And I'm more than happy to, because in conjunction with the video I think actually does more to further my point. In conjunction with the video, it indicates to me the post contact and in the follow through. But to the main point (a still shot can indicate lots of things especially with no context) I agree. If one just looked at the picture and didn't look at all at the video, they'd have no context to frame the still shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Are there any good aggressive players that people dont find dirty.  Making a picture perfect hit isnt as easy as some believe.  I say we take hitting out of hockey so all the bleeding hearts dont have to worry about it anymore.  maybe thats why this team doesnt hit anymore.  

Players have no idea whats clean and whats not.  How does chara hit anyone using his shoulder and not hit someones head?   I understand the outcry bc of concusions but if a player is skating with his head up his a rse he deserves to be hit.  if he turns his body at last second and gets plastered he deserves it.  The victims in these situations are very much to blame.  

Soon enough they will take open ice hits out of hockey.  i love that hockey is a physical game.  I didnt have much of an issue with the emelin hit.  You take risks and run into a wall.  Lucic was also off his feet.  And players do leave their feet to brace for impact.  He didnt jump.  

Todays hockey isnt getting better.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Soon enough they will take open ice hits out of hockey.  i love that hockey is a physical game.  I didnt have much of an issue with the emelin hit.  You take risks and run into a wall.  Lucic was also off his feet.  And players do leave their feet to brace for impact.  He didnt jump.  

There are dopes in the MTL fan base who blame Lucic for "raising his knee" and "attempting to injure Emelin" in the guise of protecting himself. As you probably figured out by my "dopes" comment, I'm not even remotely buying that argument. 

Emelin paid the price for being aggressive. C'est la vie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Are there any good aggressive players that people dont find dirty.  Making a picture perfect hit isnt as easy as some believe.  I say we take hitting out of hockey so all the bleeding hearts dont have to worry about it anymore.  maybe thats why this team doesnt hit anymore.  

Players have no idea whats clean and whats not.  How does chara hit anyone using his shoulder and not hit someones head?   I understand the outcry bc of concusions but if a player is skating with his head up his a rse he deserves to be hit.  if he turns his body at last second and gets plastered he deserves it.  The victims in these situations are very much to blame.  

You are correct, Chara has recieved about 1,000 minutes in elbowing penalties, actually he has recieved many 2 minute penalties for being too tall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

There are dopes in the MTL fan base who blame Lucic for "raising his knee" and "attempting to injure Emelin" in the guise of protecting himself. As you probably figured out by my "dopes" comment, I'm not even remotely buying that argument. 

I agree and i imagine they did blame him.  if you watch it lucic sees him last second and comes off his feet.  Its a natural reaction.  Players brace for the hits.  I personally didnt think either guy was at fault.  Emelin actually reminds me a bit of thne old boychuk who would often look for the big open ice hit.  

Emelin played chicken and lost.  I certainly dont wish injury upon him.  But those are the risks.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

It was the same for the Cooke on Karlsson incident. I hate Cooke but if he sliced Karlssons achille's on purpose all the while steering a guy into the boards then he has a job as a surgeon when he is finished playing hockey. But then again Melnyk has forensic surgeons studying the video so you never know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

You are correct, Chara has recieved about 1,000 minutes in elbowing penalties, actually he has recieved many 2 minute penalties for being too tall.

Its frustrating man.  Im not trying to single out anyone.  I just find the entire hitting aspect of hockey is lost.   how does chara check anyone?   Seriously?   How does he check someone in the chest.  He hit grabo a few yrs back and didnt get a penalty.   I thought it was fine but he got all head.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Its frustrating man.  Im not trying to single out anyone.  I just find the entire hitting aspect of hockey is lost.   how does chara check anyone?   Seriously?   How does he check someone in the chest.  He hit grabo a few yrs back and didnt get a penalty.   I thought it was fine but he got all head.  

I could only hope!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I could only hope!

Well played.  Im gonna get lectured by san for taking up a full pg with a reply.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Kennedy, you're trying to defend Emelin but why bother. He already did this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqOBYVgmWzk

And this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtA17fyXs4A

He's fake tough and a dirty player. I don't have to compare him to Cooke or Torres to call him dirty.

He got what he deserved for charging at Lucic on a hit that served no purpose. I'm glad he got injured before one of his reckless hits took out another player. (not glad he got injured but would rather he got hurt from a questionable hit vs. one of the guys he was hitting) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

It's a good example. Chara's one of the best examples of how to play the game right, yet he is at risk for major "hit to the head" penalties because he's 6'8.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

i will not root for anyone to be injured even Emelin (ok i do hope Cooke gets hurt), he plays the way we would want a d man on our team to play which is to punish people. that said if it hurts the Habs then its good for the B's

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Kennedy, you're trying to defend Emelin but why bother

Because many people look at the logo on his chest and make a conclusion based on that by itself--the same way they do with Brad Marchand, who is a hero to some of the same people who rant about how dirty Emelin supposedly is.

With those who don't, it's an interesting conversation. I couldn't care less if people "like" Emelin, or even if some cretins out there are glad he's injured--that's their prerogative. But having a rational, objective hockey discussion on this board is possible with many people, so that's why I bother.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Kennedy, you're trying to defend Emelin but why bother

Because many people look at the logo on his chest and make a conclusion based on that by itself--the same way they do with Brad Marchand, who is a hero to some of the same people who rant about how dirty Emelin supposedly is.

With those who don't, it's an interesting conversation. I couldn't care less if people "like" Emelin, or even if some cretins out there are glad he's injured--that's their prerogative. But having a rational, objective hockey discussion on this board is possible with many people, so that's why I bother.

Great post.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And this

He's fake tough and a dirty player. I don't have to compare him to Cooke or Torres to call him dirty.

He got what he deserved for charging at Lucic on a hit that served no purpose. I'm glad he got injured before one of his reckless hits took out another player. (not glad he got injured but would rather he got hurt from a questionable hit vs. one of the guys he was hitting) 

He's not dirty.  Yeah, that cross check on Seguin was unnecessary, but I see nothing wrong with the second video vs. Kane.  It was an over aggressive face wash.  Whatever. 

Emelin hits hard.  Wicked hard.  Not every check will be delivered as designed.  He's human.  I appreciate how he plays the game. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And this

He's not dirty.  Yeah, that cross check on Seguin was unnecessary, but I see nothing wrong with the second video vs. Kane.  It was an over aggressive face wash.  Whatever. 

Emelin hits hard.  Wicked hard.  Not every check will be delivered as designed.  He's human.  I appreciate how he plays the game. 

I do draw a lot of comparisons to boychuk.  And i really like his hard hitting ways.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I believe that Emelin plays along the edge of tough & dirty, and I have no problem with his hit on Lucic whatesoever.  The problem that I have with Emelin is that if you are going to walk the edge, you must be willing to answer the bell.  It appears he is willing to answer the bell, but his teammates, the rest of the organization, and the linesman believe that it is not right to fight someone who has a plate in his face.  To which I say, too bad!  If you don't want to fight, do not get involved with questionable hits (cross check on Seguin), getting the gloves up on Kane, etc...  You can't have it both ways.  

I would love for someone on the Bruins right now that would hit like he did.  Marhcand is best when he also plays on the edge, guess what, he hasn't been even close to the rat that has been so effective in the past.  None of the Bruins have been playing with any type of anger in their games.  I have been questioning it all season, and people on this board told me that the hit stat is a bunch of bull, and still believe they are the Big Bad Bruins.  Now all of a sudden people are questioning how physical this team is and what is wrong.  To this I say welcome to the party.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Habs announce Emelin is out for the season with a torn ligament in his left knee.

Never like to see anyone get injured on a hockey play.  Even a Canadien.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Players have no idea whats clean and whats not.  Soon enough they will take open ice hits out of hockey.  i love that hockey is a physical game.  I didnt have much of an issue with the emelin hit.   Lucic was also off his feet.  And players do leave their feet to brace for impact.  He didnt jump.  

Just like reading paranoid conservative gun lobbyists comments "The govenment is going to come to my door". Now your surrounding your arguments with out right comical comments. Leaving your feet to make a hit is illegal and it should be.

What Raffi Torres did too Hossa was as bad as what Cooke did to Savard and you still refuse to get "it" by blaming hockey fans that don't want to see players with scrambled brains.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/defensive/sort/hits/position/rookies

Lots of these players know the rules and don't act like Torres, Cooke or Emelin. Hitting isn't going anywhere, claiming it is out of the game or going to be gone is just not true.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I didn't like the cross-check on Seguin. I'm fine with karma getting him back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think that Emelin is necessarily 'dirty' either, or at least I haven't seen enough to say one way or the other.  He seems like the kind of player who does injure people because he hits hard and throws himself into it.  He's tough to play against. 

No problem with that, but I think the title here "...die by the sword" is apt.  

He tried to hammer Lucic in the open ice by throwing his body at him (I do think he left his feet FWIW).  When those hits don't go well you've gotta try to land on your feet while being hurtled into the boards, off-balance.  Sometimes he'll faltten an opposing forward with this hit, but in this case, the ACL was torn when he got the worst of it.

I have to agree with Kennedy -- Lucic is a tree trunk and Emelin was giving up way too much size to throw an open ice hit there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's a small sample size that I'm getting on Emelin but the hit on Seguin was dirty, punching Kane with the gloves on and turtling afterwards was cowardise, and the attempted hit on Lucic was unncessary even if it wasn't dirty.

I'm all for hard hits but if you're going to be throwing questionable hits and throwing punches with your gloves on, you better be ready to answer the bell. Otherwise, keep it clean and try to hit guys that have the puck or are going after the puck.

To Kennedy, I don't think anyone is calling him dirty because he's a Hab (typically its the overreaction on diving that Bs fans criticize) and I don't even consider him a Hab (bc he hasn't been there long). And my point on why bother was pertaining to your "he didn't leave his feet".

As always, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I might not be correct in my assessment but I'm keeping it bc I just don't get either the Lucic or Seguin hits. Seems like an Ovechkin type of coward to me without the Ovechkin skill.

(Does he not fight bc of a metal plate? If so, why throw the punches at Kane?).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Glad to see him gone. Which Hab is next?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

As a separate point, why was Emelin, a defenseman, attempting to hit a forward at the opposing blue line after the puck was gone on a break out?

Seems like the risk/reward for that play was not in his favor. Reward - land a big check that takes them both out of the play, risk - let up a rush with only one D-man back. Didn't quite understand the logic behind going for that one.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's a small sample size that I'm getting on Emelin but the hit on Seguin was dirty, punching Kane with the gloves on and turtling afterwards was cowardise, and the attempted hit on Lucic was unncessary even if it wasn't dirty.

I'm all for hard hits but if you're going to be throwing questionable hits and throwing punches with your gloves on, you better be ready to answer the bell. Otherwise, keep it clean and try to hit guys that have the puck or are going after the puck.

To Kennedy, I don't think anyone is calling him dirty because he's a Hab (typically its the overreaction on diving that Bs fans criticize) and I don't even consider him a Hab (bc he hasn't been there long). And my point on why bother was pertaining to your "he didn't leave his feet".

As always, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I might not be correct in my assessment but I'm keeping it bc I just don't get either the Lucic or Seguin hits. Seems like an Ovechkin type of coward to me without the Ovechkin skill.

(Does he not fight bc of a metal plate? If so, why throw the punches at Kane?).

I don't think he turtled vs. Kane.  He was getting his clock cleaned, trying to protect himself.  He tried to fight.  Kane is a pro. 

The hit on Lucic was unnecessary?  Lucic was carrying the puck up the ice.  When is a check more necessary?