and he died by the sword , Emelin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: and he died by the sword , Emelin

Fletch, tree trunks don't tend to barrel toward you at about 20Km/hr.  Physics class was a long time ago, and I wasn't very good at it, but Lucic weighs 100kilos, moves at about 25K/hr, and so delivers a force of 68333 newtons.  Something like that.  There are science people here, right?  The point being - the tree trunk is being swung by a minor league slugger.  If Lucic was as fast as Seguin, it would be like Juice Bonds swinging a redwood.

If he's braced, hitting him head on when he's just accelerated for a few strides is just dumb.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I don't think he turtled vs. Kane.  He was getting his clock cleaned, trying to protect himself.  He tried to fight.  Kane is a pro. 

The hit on Lucic was unnecessary?  Lucic was carrying the puck up the ice.  When is a check more necessary?

He just got rid of the puck and Emelin, a D-man, was trying to follow through on the hit instead of following the play. It wasn't a dirty check that would warrant an interference, it was unnecessary because the play was already going up ice and instead of peeling back, he followed through on it.

On the Kane fight, I saw him getting his clock cleaned and not attempting to do anything about it but turtle. If the strategy was to get Kane in the box for 5 minutes, punching him twice with the gloves on then ducking his head was a great move. It's also a cowardise move.

Edit - Just watched it again, you were right it wasn't unnecessary, I was just surprised that a D man decided to stand up a forward when if he missed and didn't separate the puck, it would have been a 3-1.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Edit - Just watched it again, you were right it wasn't unnecessary, I was just surprised that a D man decided to stand up a forward when if he missed and didn't separate the puck, it would have been a 3-1.

I think most who see the hit as situaltionally acceptable will admit that it was (best case scenario) a high-risk, high-reward situation. When it was unsuccessful, it became high-risk, extremely high-punishment. As the expression goes, you pay your money and you take your chance, and Emelin took his.

(Aside: my subconscious must be reminding me I'm on a Bruins board. I originally typed that as "Lemelin". Long live Rejean!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The question is has anyone in Montreal called 911 since this news has been released.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

The question is has anyone in Montreal called 911 since this news has been released.

Did being the ten-billionth person to make a 911 joke earn you a prize? The guy who was 9-billionth (a couple hours ago) got a set of steak knives! I figure 10-mil, though, would be an increase in prize quality, at least a little bit.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

Did being the ten-billionth person to make a 911 joke earn you a prize? The guy who was 9-billionth (a couple hours ago) got a set of steak knives! I figure 10-mil, though, would be an increase in prize quality, at least a little bit.....

Lol why so bitter. But I sure would love it if it did earn me a prize.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

After the hit I thought of Dan Hamhuis of the Canucks. He put a wicked hip check on Lucic ( the kind Marchand used to get suspended for) and Milan wend butt over tea kettle. Hamhuis: missed the rest of the series.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Not bitter....I'd take the steak knives, too! But you have to admit, 911's played out. It's been a couple of years--that and "Dr. Recchi" both have gotten stale. There have to be more fresh ways of insulting the rival than going back to 2011.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Not bitter....I'd take the steak knives, too! But you have to admit, 911's played out. It's been a couple of years--that and "Dr. Recchi" both have gotten stale. There have to be more fresh ways of insulting the rival than going back to 2011.

Come on K97 your on a Bs board so you have to expect some fun poked. That being said I feel he will be a loss for them. He plays a tough brand of defense and the gm's I've seen him play I haven't noticed him turning the puck over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't think he turtled vs. Kane.  He was getting his clock cleaned, trying to protect himself.  He tried to fight.  Kane is a pro. 

The hit on Lucic was unnecessary?  Lucic was carrying the puck up the ice.  When is a check more necessary?

Agreed, not a turtle - when the fight started he tried to go toe to toe. He just got absolutely and completely pummeled on the first coupld of shots and put his head down to try and live. There's a difference between turtling and knowing when you're losing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Fletch, tree trunks don't tend to barrel toward you at about 20Km/hr.  Physics class was a long time ago, and I wasn't very good at it, but Lucic weighs 100kilos, moves at about 25K/hr, and so delivers a force of 68333 newtons.  Something like that.  There are science people here, right?  The point being - the tree trunk is being swung by a minor league slugger.  If Lucic was as fast as Seguin, it would be like Juice Bonds swinging a redwood.

If he's braced, hitting him head on when he's just accelerated for a few strides is just dumb.

That's a rather pithy response pointing out the difference between a metaphorical and literal comparison between Lucic and a tree.

kilos??  K/hr??  Aye, aye, comrade...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Agreed, not a turtle - when the fight started he tried to go toe to toe. He just got absolutely and completely pummeled on the first coupld of shots and put his head down to try and live. There's a difference between turtling and knowing when you're losing.

Sort of like his attempt with Chara. Dude shouldn't fight period but when you play on the edge prepare for some beatdowns.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Forget the science, it is logic.  Emelin left his feet Lucic head his head down but at the last couple of seconds saw the hit coming.  Emelin was in the air, he lost his footing only to wrench his leg on the ice.  IMO Montreal and Pittsburgh know if a team is to beat Boston it will have to play a physical game.  Regular season play is not playoff play in that the games are played with a certain desperation that even a 48 game schedule cannot create.  The Bs will be fine physically, Bergeron is another issue.  

As for Montreal, in respect to Kennedy, Markov makes the team go.  Subban is a better player with Markov on the team.  He is maturing as a hockey player.  Right now Montreal is the better team.  I do know the strategy to pinch on the less mobile defensemen of the Bs is working.  

The Bs lines need to be solidified before the playoffs as Bergeron is a non factor at this point.  This is why Seguin is on a wing in the so called third line, a mystery as I really don't know what the first line was up unitl Bergeron's injury.  Montreal's goaltending is excellent except Price does not do well with the Bs physical play imo.  Montreal's defense is small.  

The Bs have an opportunity against Montreal if and only if Horton, Lucic and yes Jagr assert themselves in the game.  Chara is still a factor in any playoff game with Montreal.  Hamilton will have to find a "Bourque" like maturity in the playoffs if the Bs are going to solve the pressure Montreal exerts on the Bs defense.  

Lastly, I loathe Montreal as a team.  Diving divas.  The luck they havd had in four of the last five goals against the Bs only means they outworked the Bs.  That will not happen if it is 2011, but 2012 version in Washington is a concern.  

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Sort of like his attempt with Chara. Dude shouldn't fight period but when you play on the edge prepare for some beatdowns.

With all three players - Chara, Kane, and Lucic - he was dealing with players way outisde his weight class. He needs to learn how to assess his opponent and pick his battles better. If you try to cheapshot Seguin right in front of Chara you're going to get creamed. If you throw an ill-thought hit on Lucic, you're going to get creamed. If you're going to pester Kane incessantly, you're going to get creamed. Like the title says"...die by the sword."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not played out at all.  It's a generational joke.  The fact that the emergency lines were flooded due to a check in a hockey game is one of the most hilarous events ever. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

With all three players - Chara, Kane, and Lucic - he was dealing with players way outisde his weight class. He needs to learn how to assess his opponent and pick his battles better. If you try to cheapshot Seguin right in front of Chara you're going to get creamed. If you throw an ill-thought hit on Lucic, you're going to get creamed. If you're going to pester Kane incessantly, you're going to get creamed. Like the title says"...die by the sword."

Emelin is listed at 6' 2", 225 lbs, i don't think he is way out of their weight class, maybe Chara, but who isn't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Emelin is listed at 6' 2", 225 lbs, i don't think he is way out of their weight class, maybe Chara, but who isn't.

Okay, not weight class for all.

Fighting level for Kane and Chara. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Okay, not weight class for all.

Fighting level for Kane and Chara

For sure, ha ha. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to ColonCampbell's comment:

Not played out at all.  It's a generational joke.  The fact that the emergency lines were flooded due to a check in a hockey game is one of the most hilarous events ever. 

Watching someone get hurt is not hilarious...you sick puppy.

No its not.... But the mass of fools flooding the emergency lines is....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Emelin -- good hard nosed hockey player that crosses the line here and there. I always try to gauge a player by whether I wouldn't mind having him on my team. As many times as he has bounced a few Bruins around -- I'll take him any time. Unfortunately -- as important as he is to his team -- the Habs are still a very good team this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Are there any good aggressive players that people dont find dirty.  Making a picture perfect hit isnt as easy as some believe.  I say we take hitting out of hockey so all the bleeding hearts dont have to worry about it anymore.  maybe thats why this team doesnt hit anymore.  

Players have no idea whats clean and whats not.  Soon enough they will take open ice hits out of hockey.  i love that hockey is a physical game.  I didnt have much of an issue with the emelin hit.   Lucic was also off his feet.  And players do leave their feet to brace for impact.  He didnt jump.  

Todays hockey isnt getting better. 

Just like reading paranoid conservative gun lobbyists comments "The govenment is going to come to my door". Now your surrounding your arguments with out right comical comments. Leaving your feet to make a hit is illegal and it should be.

What Raffi Torres did too Hossa was as bad as what Cooke did to Savard and you still refuse to get "it" by blaming hockey fans that don't want to see players with scrambled brains.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/defensive/sort/hits/position/rookies

Lots of these players know the rules and don't act like Torres, Cooke or Emelin. Hitting isn't going anywhere, claiming it is out of the game or going to be gone is just not true.

San,  you are too funny sometimes.  Torres hit on hossa was clean before all the rule changes.  Ive said my piece on him numerous times yet you still go back to this tired act.  Please stop.  Your so tiring in this respect.  Any violence in the game you are against.  Again, go to bingo or something if the game is too violent for you.  

Go watch scott stevens hits.  On a lot of them he leaves his feet bracing for impact.  Its the exact same thing emelin did.  He didnt jump.  Hes bracing for impact.  

This coming from a guy who thinks cooke is a magical surgeon and attempted to severe a players leg.  

If anything comes from your rant is that i hope you please give up on the torres rants.  Its boring to me.  

My point is the game in terms of hitting is a joke.  Every hit is under the microscope.  After every good hit people are claiming should it be reviewed.  I even catch myself doing it on occasion.  I had no problem with emelin.  If you read the posts many of us didnt think it was bad.  

Lots of players know the rule do they.  I disagree.  Did emelin even get a penalty or was it reviewed by the league?   Guess those people(refs n shanny) dont know it either.  But im glad you think you do.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

You're sort of new so   . . .  the idea is: never respond to coloncampbell

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to Chef09's comment:

In response to bobruins' comment:

You're sort of new so   . . .  the idea is: never respond to coloncampbell

Thanks for the tip...will implement this in the future....