And the new Coach will be....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

And the new Coach will be....

Geoff Ward!

Jeremy Jacobs doesn't want to be on the hook for all the coaching staff. Julien goes and everyone else stays and works for their pay.

Over the summer, the coaching hunt is on.

Prediction: Peter Lavoilette will leave Philly for Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Re: And the new Coach will be....

.........Ill fu**cking Kill myself.

Maybe go pick up a new vancouver uni. Those 3rd jerseys might be best in the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Not me but who will be available and take over the Bruins??????????????????????
    I also think CJ days are over and let Jarvis take a crack at it and in the off season go on a coach seeking journey. I read an article that ted nolan is coaching again and has great attitude and happy to be back coaching.

Ted Nolan would be my first interview. He is successful with young players.
    Our young players are The keepers( Lucic Horton Wheels Krejci Bergy Caron Seguin Boychuk McQuaid Kampner Stuart Rask Campbell and vets I will keep Chara Sieds. Thomas( (trade in off season) and  Rechhi ( for future office/players developement) for remaining season.)

Realistically the bruins are not cup contenders so I would start dumping salary now for youth. And use the remaining season for building and still a shot to stay in playoffs.

We can be early sellers and still develop some good youth through picks this season get some fast and quick players.
    If we put some package deals together with these players Savard Ferrence Ryder Paille Thornton we can trade them easier ie Savard Paille for high pick, Ryder and Providence player for pick, Ferrence and Thornton for prospects experience is always needed for play-offs.

I watch other teams ie Philly and Pittsburgh are cup contenders in the east.
    I watch Vancouver and LA they are cup contenders in the west.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

I'd love to see Laviolette in Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

take that ryder into the sunset/

dude cant even get a decent shootout lineup- are you even trying???

we need a hard axx who will bench anybody at any time.

savard's done at least in the claud-aozoic era.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

dave poulin......laviolette should have been hired last winter before philly got him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Batman.

At least, if you think a coaching change will cure this team's ills, that's who it will need to be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Scott Gordon

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Jacobs WILL NOT want to pay for another coach guys.  Hes still paying for Lewis too.  i say if a change happens it will be someone who is already being paid by the team.  My BOLD prediction, someone who could whip this boring/no heart team.  CAM NEELY

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Thoughts on Craig Mactavish

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

In Response to Re: And the new Coach will be....:
    Scott Gordon
    Posted by soups-7

here here! Im good w/ that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

Everyone is calling for the coach to be fired. It's going to very funny when a new coach comes in and the B's still stink. I wonder what all the bafoons on this baord will blame then. Maybe the person selling ice cream.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bob7468. Show Bob7468's posts

Don  :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

JJ didn't want to pay Ryder or Sturm to play in Providence so one stiff is here and the other is gone for nothing. They will do nothing because the GM has no balz. Personally, I would go with Ken Hitchcock if they want to continue with their boring "system". Otherwise try John Anderson from Atlanta...he would probably be very cheap and the team would not be so GD boring. There is still Robbie Ftorek out there too so they wouldn't have to pay too much for his moving costs. LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

Anyone.....Grapes, Mac Tavish, Bullwinkle the fr**king Moose,  I don't care,
    Please, if there is a hockey god, make Elmer Fudd go away.
    I am sure he is a very nice guy, but he can't get this team to think outside of the box...I am tired of this team with all its talent sitting in the last playoff spot. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Geoff Ward needs to take his useless PP system and go as well. They need someone standing in front of the net to create a distraction, not someone in the high slot. Julien is not a good coach for young players, the B's need someone in here that can teach, inspire and allow these players to be creative and use their talent, not to stiffle it, someone who isnt afraid to sit players that deserve it (Paille), Someone the players respect, CJ has lost this team, its painfully obvious. The players need to held responsible, someone needs to step up and be a leader on this team. I dont see anyone right now that is worthy of being the captain, except maybe Recchi. The teams needs some sort of shakeup and fast.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Recchi should be release. What is he doing here? Holding Chara's hand? The guy is a joke. Bergeron and Wheeler look good. Recchi is two minutes behind the play most nite. He belongs on the 4th line..give him some PP time if you want. Horrible management.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

I think of how awful Pittsburgh was, and then Therien came in and instituted a system to make the team more sound. However, he could only take the team so far and they had to replace him with a more aggressive coach to move up to the next level. Hate to say it, but I think that's the same thing that is needed here. If they fire CJ and replace him with a Hitchcock-type coach, it would be pointless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Kevin Dineen is my first choice.  Paul MacLean would be second. Scott Gordon would be third. I don't think MacTavish is welcome in Boston.  John Anderson is not a bad idea.  The point is, I would take any of these guys and more over CJ.  The time has come!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I liked MacT as a player - used to just embarrass Al McInnis on a regular basis -but I don't think he has the emotional intelligence to be a coach.  He now openly admits that he botched the Penner situation because he was offended by the guy's contract.  He didn't handle the youth movement in Edmonton very well, and outside of that one year, he really didn't have much success.

Frankly, I think sentiment for Gordon is bolstered by the perception that the Bruins should never have let Laviolette go to hire Ftorek.  I mean never.  It remains to be seen if Gordon can coach at this level.  Laviolette also managed to get himself fired in Carolina very shortly after winning a Cup.  I wonder if he can repeat that success.

Keep Hitchcock away.

If I had to choose an interim coach, though, I could live with Gordon.  He pushes the tempo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmarzella. Show mmarzella's posts

Bob Hartley  = Full offense, and Savy had good seasons playing for him in Atlanta.

Other option is MacTavish, remember that he brought a young, underdog Oilers team to cup finals

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I know I'll get shot for this but what about Mike Milbury? I seen an interview with very annoying but intelligent, Pierre McGuire. He said MIke would be one of his first coaching interviews if he was a GM. He claims mike is a very intelligent coach and motivator. He also said "just don't let him make trades"!!

Mike is a very intense guy, i seen him on CBC when they played the Habs and he was so mad at Lapierre and Subban he wanted to kill them and said if he was coaching he'd tell his guys to get out there and kick there a$$e$.

That is the emotion that Julien lacks and it filters all the way down to the players.Thoughts??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

In Response to Re: And the new Coach will be....:
    I liked MacT as a player - used to just embarrass Al McInnis on a regular basis -but I don't think he has the emotional intelligence to be a coach.  He now openly admits that he botched the Penner situation because he was offended by the guy's contract.  He didn't handle the youth movement in Edmonton very well, and outside of that one year, he really didn't have much success. Frankly, I think sentiment for Gordon is bolstered by the perception that the Bruins should never have let Laviolette go to hire Ftorek.  I mean never .  It remains to be seen if Gordon can coach at this level.  Laviolette also managed to get himself fired in Carolina very shortly after winning a Cup.  I wonder if he can repeat that success. Keep Hitchcock away. If I had to choose an interim coach, though, I could live with Gordon.  He pushes the tempo.
    Posted by Bookboy007

BB,
     They never should have let Sullivan go either imo.   What do you think about someone who has been here before, Keenan?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

This isn't 1978...who is Milbury going to tell to kick someone azz? Seidenberg? Krejci? Bergeron/ Nobody is going fight anybody. Milbury would be outclassed. To think we had Craig Ramsey and Laviolette and all we have is this boring product to watch

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

My heart loves the Milbury idea but my head isn't so sure.  Same with Terry O'Reilly.  Both guys did bring the most out of a limited team (one line and a hall of fame Dman) but the systems these teams are playing today are night and day compared to the style of play in the late 80's and early 90's.  With some good assistants as the X and O guys.....who knows?

I've supported CJ but something needs changing and you can't switch 6-8 players over night.  

I could live with MacT but wouldn't want Gordon as the head man.

Teddy Nolan?  hmmm.

Is there anyone else?

Sections
Shortcuts