And the saga goes on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And the saga goes on

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/01/30/sp-nhl-greg-jamison-phoenix-coyotes-bid-falls-apart.html

So, back to square one. Can we move this team yet? Almost four years, this is ridiculous.

I lost my hometown team in close to a heartbeat, yet this disaster endures? This is ludicrous - he's had 18 months to get the money together. Just move them - I don't care where - Seattle, Milwaukee, Quebec any will do. Old Yeller needs to die.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: And the saga goes on

Red I couldn't agree more. The farce going on in Phoenix is pathetic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If the team does move to Quebec, it will be odd beyond belief to see Hawerchuk's number hanging in the Nord's rafters.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If they move back to Quebec, they need to whatever money is requested for the Nordiques name.  The idea of a team playing in Quebec City and not being the Nordiques is absurd.  Just as it was dumb to for the team in Minnesota to be the Wild instead of the North Stars.

Let them be the Nordiques and let them have their Nordiques numbers listed.  Retired numbers don't belong to corporation papers.  They belong to fans.

As for Phoenix, I guess we can see just how important that corner of the US is to the NHL marketing machine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nothing has changed since last year. Seattle nor Quebec have broke ground on a new stadium yet. The sactown queens are moving to Washington but they are going to play in Key Arena outside the Emerald city. Milwaukee has an arena but I have never read that there any investors ready to go. The ownership groups in Toronto and Buffalo have to approve a team taking up real estate in Ontario, no garauntee there.

The Coyotes could possibly be run by the NHL for two years while waiting for arenas to get built. In that time Bettman will be trying to get inverstors to once again take the Yotes off their hands to stay in Glendale.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If they move back to Quebec, they need to whatever money is requested for the Nordiques name.  The idea of a team playing in Quebec City and not being the Nordiques is absurd.  Just as it was dumb to for the team in Minnesota to be the Wild instead of the North Stars.

Let them be the Nordiques and let them have their Nordiques numbers listed.  Retired numbers don't belong to corporation papers.  They belong to fans.

As for Phoenix, I guess we can see just how important that corner of the US is to the NHL marketing machine.

Minnesota North Stars and the Quebec Nordiques. I've always related these two cities to those nicknames and the colours they had.

A lot of history involved there.

Some of the nicknames professional teams are choosing nowadays are just ugly. Good thing an NBA team has adopted the nickname Pelicans. Watching an NHL game with a Ducks-Pelicans matchup would be a bit on the corny side.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Chowda you're a Canadian close to la Belle Province and hear more about this than I. Would the NHL balk at giving Quebec a franchise, because of all the separation talk really starting up again? I know it's always there, but it seems like it's really going again in the past yr. 

I really hope that the Nords do come back. That Nords- Habs rivil was always intense. The Good Friday massacre was one of the most insane brawls that I have ever seen. I still feel sorry for Terry Harper & how he took that haymaker that was intended for Tremblay from Sleiger.

For those of you that have never seen the Good Friday Massacre. Here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4AC2Gc-O9g

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Chowda you're a Canadian close to la Belle Province and hear more about this than I. Would the NHL balk at giving Quebec a franchise, because of all the separation talk really starting up again? I know it's always there, but it seems like it's really going again in the past yr. 

I really hope that the Nords do come back. That Nords- Habs rivil was always intense. The Good Friday massacre was one of the most insane brawls that I have ever seen. I still feel sorry for Terry Harper & how he took that haymaker that was intended for Tremblay from Sleiger.

For those of you that have never seen the Good Friday Massacre. Here's the link.

The Habs-Nordiques rivalry was one of the best of all time. They hated each other. Great to watch.

As far as talking about " La Belle Province" ? I defer to the K-becker BsLegion. I stay away from talking about "that country" and what they want as far as separation. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Just curious......why isn't there a team in Milwaukee?  I mean they have an NBA team for god's sake.  Move the Coyotes to Quebec City and the Panthers to Milwakee. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to jalvis' comment:

Just curious......why isn't there a team in Milwaukee?  I mean they have an NBA team for god's sake.  Move the Coyotes to Quebec City and the Panthers to Milwakee. 

Interesting.  Moving the Coyotes to Portland could make sense as well.  The Coyotes AHL affiliate is in Portland, so I would imagine that they have a bit of a fanbase there already.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The Habs-Nordiques rivalry was one of the best of all time. They hated each other. Great to watch.

As far as talking about " La Belle Province" ? I defer to the K-becker BsLegion. I stay away from talking about "that country" and what they want as far as separation. 

Chow  do not get involved into politics you dont have the comptence, the knowledge of this country and the maturity to talk about this topic ...stick to hockey even if its not any better..

Great example of why people dont like you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And so begins the first Great Stanley-Chowdah war...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"Interesting.  Moving the Coyotes to Portland could make sense as well.  The Coyotes AHL affiliate is in Portland, so I would imagine that they have a bit of a fanbase there already." -Drewski

First things first - the Pirates are in Portland, Maine, not Portland, Oregon.  Portland, Maine doesn't have a deep pocketed investor.  Portland, Oregon does, and they also have the Winterhawks - a solid WHL junior franchise that draws in the top 3 for attendance (over 6K) for that league.  Neiderreiter and Johansen are recent grads, and Ty Rattie, Tyler Wotherspoon, and Popeye's boy all play there - they're eating the league right now at 41-7-1-2.  So in principal, yes, there should be some kind of market there.

But then you look at Phoenix and the fact that the Roadrunners were around in one league or another for the better part of 40 years.  When the IHL was a trying to be a real league, Phoenix had about average attendance for the IHL even though the team was always lousy (I believe they had a minor league agreement with the Kings...). 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Nothing has changed since last year. Seattle nor Quebec have broke ground on a new stadium yet. The sactown queens are moving to Washington but they are going to play in Key Arena outside the Emerald city. Milwaukee has an arena but I have never read that there any investors ready to go. The ownership groups in Toronto and Buffalo have to approve a team taking up real estate in Ontario, no garauntee there.

The Coyotes could possibly be run by the NHL for two years while waiting for arenas to get built. In that time Bettman will be trying to get inverstors to once again take the Yotes off their hands to stay in Glendale.

Actually San, Quebec broke ground back in September, and the rink will be done in two years. Quebecor has also committed to renovations to the Pepsi this summer.

The Bradley would be good for a decade or so, with 17,845 for hockey, but it's already aging and would need to be replaced - The Bucks have been negotiating on this for a while now. Any move to bring the NHL to Milwaukee would likely need to involve Harris Turer, owner of the Admirals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:[QUOTE] In response to jalvis' comment:

Interesting.  Moving the Coyotes to Portland could make sense as well.  The Coyotes AHL affiliate is in Portland, so I would imagine that they have a bit of a fanbase there already./QUOTE]

If ever in Portland catch their WHL team the WinterHawks and Triple A baseball affiliate as well. Good sports town and great downtown area.

@Red thanks for the update and yah Bradley has to go!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh crap, that's right, and I'm getting together with him tonight for the game.  Someone quick remind me if I insulted Quebec or it's inhabitants recently enough that he might remember.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jalvis's comment:

Jalvis,

There almost was a team in Milwaukee. A group had put together a proposal for an expansion franchise, but they tried to negotiate down the expansion fee. Esposito's group, backed by Kokusai Green, was willing to pay the league's full asking price, so the team went to Tampa instead.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4AC2Gc-O9g

Nite, it was actually Jean Hamel. I remember watching that game and Hamel was never the same after taking that Sleigher haymaker.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Laughlin & Co. last night were commenting as if the expansion to 32 teams was all but a done deal. I was surprised that they never really qualified their conversation as "speculative" - it was just a reality in their minds. Add it to Paul Kelly's comments, the Markham vote, the Quebec construction, and I tend to believe it. Daly refutes it because, well, he has to at this point. I'm with the camp that where there's smoke there's fire.

What has me surprised is the talking heads are discussing expansion and not relocation. Seems much more stable to the NHL if Phoenix and Florida move north, but the talk last night was that the NHL has made silent efforts to create an escape route to Seattle for the Phoenix club in 2013-2014, and secure the addition of Ontario and Quebec for 2014-2015. Seems too aggressive to me. Just move Phoenix and Florida, then let the dust settle with the new CBA to see where that leaves league finances.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

And so begins the first Great Stanley-Chowdah war...

Stanley and his coat-of-armour are penetrable after all.

Getting Stanley upset = payback from all of us

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

There's a report from Ken Campbell at THN that Jamison has been blowing smoke this entire time.

Ken Campbell @THNKenCampbell

From a source with close ties to NHL ownership on Greg Jamison: "He hasn't raised a dollar."

Ken Campbell @THNKenCampbell

From a venture capitalist: "For a solid business, I could raise $100 million in a week. For the Coyotes, it would take four generations."

If it's true that he hasn't raised a thing, if I were Shane Doan, and I committed to that deal based on assurances from Jamison that he'd get it done, I would be unbelievably ticked off right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Laughlin & Co. last night were commenting as if the expansion to 32 teams was all but a done deal. I was surprised that they never really qualified their conversation as "speculative" - it was just a reality in their minds. Add it to Paul Kelly's comments, the Markham vote, the Quebec construction, and I tend to believe it. Daly refutes it because, well, he has to at this point. I'm with the camp that where there's smoke there's fire.

What has me surprised is the talking heads are discussing expansion and not relocation. Seems much more stable to the NHL if Phoenix and Florida move north, but the talk last night was that the NHL has made silent efforts to create an escape route to Seattle for the Phoenix club in 2013-2014, and secure the addition of Ontario and Quebec for 2014-2015. Seems too aggressive to me. Just move Phoenix and Florida, then let the dust settle with the new CBA to see where that leaves league finances.

Asmaha, I've been saying for over a year that the NHL tipped its hand regarding expansion when they proposed those unblanced conferences for the realignment. That structure only made sense if they were planning on adding two more teams.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Oh crap, that's right, and I'm getting together with him tonight for the game.  Someone quick remind me if I insulted Quebec or it's inhabitants recently enough that he might remember.

I don't remember you ever doing it. But considering you'll be watching the game with BsLegion......you can always start.