And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me.

the worst part of all this, some of you may remember the "trade thomas" threads over the summer, I have said before, I am not a thomas fan simply from the point that he does not look the part to me..

That being said of all the "issues" with this team, his name should be no where on the list.. He has been one of the few successes..

Where is the PP, what happened to the PK (75% in the past month is awful)..
    Why doesnt this team play 60 minutes, why doesn't CJ know the appropriate time to use a TO.. etc.. etc.

Thomas winning games for this team that they have no right to win, stealing games, standing on his head, being the only player to show up some nights, and people want to point at one play off loss, and a single bad goal to try to pick him apart..

Your problem with thomas is your a rask fan, and your boys on the bench cause he's been outplayed.. just own up to it and move on..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me.

A triple deflection that allows for no reaction time, next one off a skate near the crease and then a perfect shot through a total screen and people want to berate Thomas. PLEASE!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Ehh,
    it was a bad goal, it was a lazy play on thomas's part, he didnt keep the paddle down, also could have gone to the ice to smother it.. no one is saying it was a good goal, but that goal didnt cost the team the game, and anyone watching the game i think knew montreal was pressing and coming back..

thomas could have stolen another game, but he didnt lose the game, NHL.com has him as the #2 star of the game 39 saves...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Pberg,
    that prevent defense was not working, that defense got out shot over 2-1, and was on its heels, thomas was keeping them in the game. Not the defense, you claim to "play college hockey" you should know that..

Playing hockey at any level doesnt make you intelligent about the game, some of the best coaches were lousy players.. So even if you win a hobey, that wouldn't automatically qualify you as to being any smarter then anyone else on this board in regards to understanding the game, more or less it means your physically better at it then others, nothing more..  Playing at a high level for most players is simple enough and being phsyically gifted and understanding fundamentals, ovechkin is a great player, hes not a coach..

And you claim he let in an unscreened 55 foot wrist shot?  Do you watch the game? that wrist sho regardless of how far out it was was great, well placed, and came through a players legs..

So how much do you really know about the game? cause in a "team game" your blaming a goalie for a loss when the bruins got out shot 42-29 and your claiming they played good defense..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

1 bad goal...sure. Still the best player on the team and the best goalie in the league. The numbers say so.

If Chara doesn't ice the puck, the B's get a line change, the Habs can't use their timeout, and the Bruins win. This one is not on Thomas at all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

And you'd be wrong,
    you can't fault a goalie for one bad goal and blame him for the loss..

.929 svs percentage for the game..

They didn't play well enough to win, you want to claim to understand the game you should be able to see that.. Thomas kept them in that game, thomas played well enough to give them the opportunity to win, your blaming him for not stealing a game.. If you watched the game, you should know there was many times montreal could have scored to tie the game well before that bad goal..

you should also know chara was on ice for all 3 goals against, the coach failed to use the teams time out appropriately.. the team failed to get pucks deep and eat up the clock..

Thomas had 18 3rd period saves, and your being rediculous if you watched that game to try to say they were low quality chances, or poor scoring chances..Montreal took it to boston.. The goal that was waived off was just a sign of the play...

The bruins were in that game cause of thomas between the pipes, did he give up a soft goal, definitely, but is he to blame for the loss no.

The simple fact is the bruins scored 2 goals and got out shot 29-42.. they had a chance to win, they didn't thomas didnt lose it, he simply didnt win them another game..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Pberg,
    Listen,
    I am done "debating" the point with you cause you don't get it.. You have nothing to back up your point of view.. Other then you feel they played well enough to win.. So montreal didn't?  If thomas plays incredible and made a 40 svs shut out or would have put up a .970 svs percentage the bruins would have won, thats a lot to expect, and thats the "good enough to win" your standing behind.. really???  I mean the bad goal he gave up still had them at a 1 goal lead? so... what about the tying goal? thats his fault to??

Thomas gave up a bad goal, definitely.. but the team collapsed, not thomas..
    Thomas had a chance to win them a game, he didnt, but he certainly didnt lose it.

He has done enough this year to steal games from teams..

You don't like thomas, so your looking to blame him for a loss that realistically the bruins had no right to win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me. : i currently play college hockey, but good try
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]I didn't realize you could get 32 pims in college for arguing offsides??? You are a liar!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me. :    Is this the best you TT bashers can do? I guess Thomas is the only goalie to ever be scored on in playoff overtime. As for not making the "big save" when the game is on the line, I guess you have not actually watched any games this year. With the lack of bruin offence, almost every save he makes, is with the game on the line. I knew that as soon as Thomas had a sub-par game, all the old TT bashers would come crawling out from under their rocks.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]
    So by saying TT let in a terrible goal,am I a TT basher now? I'm sorry to tell you but that wasn't TT's first sub-par game.As a matter of fact,that's 2 in a row that he let us down against Montreal but it seems TT is the only Bruins player that is above reproach.Chara,Lucic,Krejci and Bergeron are all called out constantly on this forum yet,if anyone questions TT,people act like someone bad-mouthed their mother.Everyone on the team will hit a rough patch this year so it's not like Thomas is alone in having his play questioned.It just seems he's the only one on the team who's supporters seem to like him above the team itself.My support of both goalies is well documented yet,as soon as I questioned him at all,I became a TT basher.I'm a Bruins fan first,a fan of individual players second.If I think any player is under-performing,I say it.Does it mean I'm less of a fan than you?If so,you must really like the Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me. : I didn't realize you could get 32 pims in college for arguing offsides??? You are a liar!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]
    And you're an idiot......at least he can stop lying!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me. : that happened in junior, it was 55, and it was for arguing a high stick
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Now it was 55 pims for arguing highsticking? Your lies grow taller all the time. You have zero credibility, and no it was 32 for arguing offsides. Keep lying your boyfriend dez may someday believe you, real posters with hockey knowledge never will!!!! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me. : And you're an idiot......at least he can stop lying!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

And you are brainless, they havn't figured out a operation for that though!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me. : that happened in junior, it was 55, and it was for arguing a high stick

What Jr league was this. As the record books for the most minutes for one call, let alone 87 for two, should be easy too prove!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]The idea that thomas isn't making the big save when the game is on the line is fairly absurd.. His record is what is what it is because of the big saves he has made.. When the team has been awful to start games he has been on fire, when the game has been awful to end games he has been great.. Thats the difference between his play this season (his record) and Rask.. He can't make a big save? based on the loss on saturday?  So what about the save he made against Ovechkin when krejci turned the puck over with 8 seconds to play while the bruins were being outshot 26-2 in the third? The bruins were out played, they didn't deserve to win that game, thomas kept them in it.. Pberg, you stated the opposite of that, saying the team played well enough to win, if you believe that you need to rewatch that game... What was the total shot count?  When the game is on the line, thomas isnt the concern its the shell the team goes into..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Early in the season their is no or little pressure on the goalie and that is when TT plays his best.  In games in the middle of the year for first place he fails every time and in the highest pressure of the playoffs game 7 he has failed everytime.  Grant Fuhr had very ordinary stats as a goalie but is in the Hall of fame because when the game was on the line in a high pressure situation he was at his best.  Thomas is the exact opposite of Fuhr great when it does not matter but very suspect when it comes to pressure situations.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me. : Now it was 55 pims for arguing highsticking? Your lies grow taller all the time. You have zero credibility, and no it was 32 for arguing offsides. Keep lying your boyfriend dez may someday believe you, real posters with hockey knowledge never will!!!! 
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]
    I wish I could obtain the level of respect around here that you obviously have.All I can do is dream.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me. : Early in the season their is no or little pressure on the goalie and that is when TT plays his best.  In games in the middle of the year for first place he fails every time and in the highest pressure of the playoffs game 7 he has failed everytime.  Grant Fuhr had very ordinary stats as a goalie but is in the Hall of fame because when the game was on the line in a high pressure situation he was at his best.  Thomas is the exact opposite of Fuhr great when it does not matter but very suspect when it comes to pressure situations.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Based on a very small sample..

Thomas got them to the second round for the first time in over a decade keep that in mind, took them to 7 against montreal the prior year (his first year of play off experience), as an 8 seed.

The year he won the vezina he was great all season, carolina out played the bruins, he didn't lose that series,

Last year he was hurt in the second half..

Theres nothing to actually back up what your saying other then your opinion, and a game 7 playoff goal.. Do you have an actual stat that says his svs% is .950 to start a season and .890 to end a season? no..

A better more documented theory would be he became complacent, he plays his best hockey under pressuer, remember when legacy came in to be the starter? and thomas won the job and a vezina?
    Remember when thomas was tradable because rask was better? and then thomas put up the best numbers (to this point) in NHL history..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me. : Based on a very small sample.. Thomas got them to the second round for the first time in over a decade keep that in mind, took them to 7 against montreal the prior year (his first year of play off experience), as an 8 seed. The year he won the vezina he was great all season, carolina out played the bruins, he didn't lose that series, Last year he was hurt in the second half.. Theres nothing to actually back up what your saying other then your opinion, and a game 7 playoff goal.. Do you have an actual stat that says his svs% is .950 to start a season and .890 to end a season? no.. A better more documented theory would be he became complacent, he plays his best hockey under pressuer, remember when legacy came in to be the starter? and thomas won the job and a vezina? Remember when thomas was tradable because rask was better? and then thomas put up the best numbers (to this point) in NHL history..

I not going to argue about this.  What I know is every time I think how important the next goal is and Thomas is in a net a softie is coming shortly.  Until he shows me he can do it I have not reason to believe he can.  He is a good goalie I have called him the best platoon goalie to ever play the game but I will never consider him a great goalie until he proves to me he can handle the pressure.  I would love it if he would prove me wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Orr,
    if thats the case you must not have watched much of this season..

if you can't back it up, you might as well make it up right?

5 wins by 1 goal
    5 shut outs.

0-2 loss 31 saves
    0-3 loss 21 saves (bad game) but no goals for so would it matter?
    0-3 loss 22 saves (bad game) but no goals for so would it matter?

and the 3-4 loss vs montreal earlier in the year - 37 saves, thomas played great if you remember it. (nhl.com highlights 12 saves 11 of them are thomas)

2-3 otl last night (they didnt deserve to win)
    6-7otl (rask started thomas was resting)
    2-3otl (atl) 30 svs (lost the shoot out)
    1-2 otl (philly)31 saves
    2-3otl tor (38 saves)
    3-4otl LA(26 saves)

How many of those games should have have won that he lost??  Maybe
    LA?
    yup, blame it on thomas...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me. : Based on a very small sample.. Thomas got them to the second round for the first time in over a decade keep that in mind, took them to 7 against montreal the prior year (his first year of play off experience), as an 8 seed. The year he won the vezina he was great all season, carolina out played the bruins, he didn't lose that series, Last year he was hurt in the second half.. Theres nothing to actually back up what your saying other then your opinion, and a game 7 playoff goal.. Do you have an actual stat that says his svs% is .950 to start a season and .890 to end a season? no.. A better more documented theory would be he became complacent, he plays his best hockey under pressuer, remember when legacy came in to be the starter? and thomas won the job and a vezina? Remember when thomas was tradable because rask was better? and then thomas put up the best numbers (to this point) in NHL history..
    Don't forget Stamkos was on pace to score over 100 goals before his game slipped back to earth also.Boucher has a .928 save per. in Philly yet he's still only a journeyman goalie isn't he?Thomas has had 28 starts to this point so saying he's got the best numbers ever to this point is great and all but doesn't change the goal he let in the other night.28 starts is a small sample.Talk to me after another 20 starts and if he still has the best numbers ever-great.If not,will it then be OK for us fans to question his performance(just as we do everyone elses)?It angers me because I'd really prefer that we were discussing the shutout TT got against the Habs instead of.............

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Orr, if thats the case you must not have watched much of this season.. if you can't back it up, you might as well make it up right? 5 wins by 1 goal 5 shut outs. 0-2 loss 31 saves 0-3 loss 21 saves (bad game) but no goals for so would it matter? 0-3 loss 22 saves (bad game) but no goals for so would it matter? and the 3-4 loss vs montreal earlier in the year - 37 saves, thomas played great if you remember it. (nhl.com highlights 12 saves 11 of them are thomas) 2-3 otl last night (they didnt deserve to win) 6-7otl (rask started thomas was resting) 2-3otl (atl) 30 svs (lost the shoot out) 1-2 otl (philly)31 saves 2-3otl tor (38 saves) 3-4otl LA(26 saves) How many of those games should have have won that he lost??  Maybe LA? yup, blame it on thomas...
    TT should've been pulled when it was 3-1 after the 1st period in the Montreal game you speak of.I think that's what irks fans about TT.Several highlight reel saves in a game in which he'd already allowed enough weak goals for the game to be already out of reach.I was torched on here the next day for having the audacity to ever question the play of Thomas.Much like you Roler,I call it as I see it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me. : this was way back in the day i think when i was 15 or so in the Empire Junior League. Thats the minor league for the EJHL. It was against the Capital District Selects, with about 3 minutes left in the game, kid took a baseball swing at my head, no ref saw it but they heard it, and turned around to see me with my stick in the air and called it on me. after i got a 5 minute major and a game for high sticking i just went off on the ref, look it up, I don't know where you would find it, and I don't know if the league changed the numbers around because i got like 8 misconducts and I'm not even sure if they can give you more than  a 2, 10, game misconduct (goes down as 10 minutes) and a game dq (goes down as 10 minutes) but as always, you see what you want to see so i'm sure you'll figure somethign out
    LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

TT is not in my opinion a one game winner takes all goalie. He could make 45 highlight reel saves but the save the B's need to win the game does not happen.October , November , December, yes he can do it all day long, but in April , May , June TT is a Finnish elite league goaltender.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez,
    the montreal game that they lost 4-3 he absolutely should not have been pulled..
    they scored one on the PS and 2 really good goals..you need to go look that game up if you think he gave up weak goals in that game..

The team came out and played like crap and he played great they really had no business being in that game and he gave them a chance...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And this is why no matter how good the numbers, Thomas scares the crap out of me. : So by saying TT let in a terrible goal,am I a TT basher now? I'm sorry to tell you but that wasn't TT's first sub-par game.As a matter of fact,that's 2 in a row that he let us down against Montreal but it seems TT is the only Bruins player that is above reproach.Chara,Lucic,Krejci and Bergeron are all called out constantly on this forum yet,if anyone questions TT,people act like someone bad-mouthed their mother.Everyone on the team will hit a rough patch this year so it's not like Thomas is alone in having his play questioned.It just seems he's the only one on the team who's supporters seem to like him above the team itself.My support of both goalies is well documented yet,as soon as I questioned him at all,I became a TT basher.I'm a Bruins fan first,a fan of individual players second.If I think any player is under-performing,I say it.Does it mean I'm less of a fan than you?If so,you must really like the Bruins.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
       No offence intended dez. In no way, did I intend to include you in the group I was talking about.
    I was refering to the small group that rarely post, but suddenly appear if Thomas lays a stinker.
    I agree that Thomas had a pretty weak 10 minutes Saturday.
    I consider you one of the more interesting posters, and I apologise for any mis-understandings.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, the montreal game that they lost 4-3 he absolutely should not have been pulled.. they scored one on the PS and 2 really good goals..you need to go look that game up if you think he gave up weak goals in that game.. The team came out and played like crap and he played great they really had no business being in that game and he gave them a chance...
    He gave up  3 in the 1st of that game and should've been yanked as much for a message to his teammates than a message to him.He wasn't on that game and it was as good a time as any get Rask in net.Instead TT was left in(down 3-1),Boston tried to claw back but came up short,and everyone talked about how awesome TT was in a 1 goal loss after the game.I prefer he play awesome before it was 3-1 as opposed to after.Rask also had his issues last night against Pitt.Boston was dangerously close to being outplayed by another goalie.great for Rask and the Bruins that they were able to come back.