And Thomas get ANOTHER pass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

And Thomas get ANOTHER pass

No matter what goes in during OT, no matter what garbage rebouds end up in the net, no matter how crazy flopping goes on while another one goes in, TT continues to get a complete pass no matter what.

Rask gets crucified on this board after an ordinary game when they score 1 goal and two 2-0 leads get blown in 24 hours with all sorts of questionable goals and it just doesn't matter.  Just wow.

But, he'll go on NESN with his list of excuses and all the fanboys will lap it up while they talk about his stats as usual and continue to let him live off of a couple good months a long time ago. He's been pretty ordinary for quite some time now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: And Thomas get ANOTHER pass

Don't want to be a dink but Thomas season stats are pretty good. They dude got outplayed tonight by Montoya no doubt, but it's not like he didn't give the B's an opportunity to win. Not disagreeing with you Sox just stating the facts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

in the case of this game ,Tim Thomas not only gets a pass, but if not for him,the Bruins don't even have a chance to win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Don't know w.t.f you are talking about.  When anyone plays bad, they deserve the criticism they get.  TT has given up 11 goals in his last 3 games played, that is 3.66 gaa.  Not much like an all-star.  Do I think Rask could have done better...probably not.

This brings up the obvious truth....the problem is not with the goalies, it is with the defense.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: And Thomas get ANOTHER pass:
    READ MY WORDS (and read them carefully): This team would NOT be in the playoff hunt if it weren't for what THomas has done through February.  He has stolen 6-7 wins for us this season, otherwise erase 12 points from the standings. Now, you see the team we have. Case in point against the Islanders.  Typical Bs performance.  TT stands on his head in the 1st and 2 period.  The team in front of him gets complacent.   Then by the late 2nd and all of the 3rd, he gets NO stinking help from the "try not to lose style of play." The score of the Isles game should have been 6-1 NYI.  We scored on a 5 on 3, woop-de-do.   Same thing happened against the Sabres. Same thing happened against the Penguins.
    Posted by ipot

Like I said, the problem is not with the goalkeepers, it is with the defense.  How many times can the defense give up the puck i the defensive end and expect to win?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Don't bother peeps. Soxfan has his hate TT glasses welded on! The guy can win 50 games, the vezina, the hart, the pearson, the Roger Crozier, the Conn Smythe & the Stanley Cup & he'd still say it's the TEAM that did it ALL! We didn't see his stinkin name at the beginning of the season when TT was lights out! As soon as he came down he showed his name!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

In Response to And Thomas get ANOTHER pass:
    No matter what goes in during OT, no matter what garbage rebouds end up in the net, no matter how crazy flopping goes on while another one goes in, TT continues to get a complete pass no matter what. Rask gets crucified on this board after an ordinary game when they score 1 goal and two 2-0 leads get blown in 24 hours with all sorts of questionable goals and it just doesn't matter.  Just wow. But, he'll go on NESN with his list of excuses and all the fanboys will lap it up while they talk about his stats as usual and continue to let him live off of a couple good months a long time ago. He's been pretty ordinary for quite some time now.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Are you kidding me?? I saw goal one (missed 2 and 3), he had no chance on goal one and he made several amazing stops, so he can't do it the entire game when the Bruins decide to turtle. Without TT, no playoffs, period. The guy is Vezna material. Can't believe I just read that...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

LOL - this string had to have started as a joke. Without TTs play this season, the Bs are not in the position they are... and that is not a slight on Tuukkaa.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Don't bother peeps. Soxfan has his hate TT glasses welded on! The guy can win 50 games, the vezina, the hart, the pearson, the Roger Crozier, the Conn Smythe & the Stanley Cup & he'd still say it's the TEAM that did it ALL! We didn't see his stinkin name at the beginning of the season when TT was lights out! As soon as he came down he showed his name!
    Posted by nitemare-38

True.
    Problem is, Thomas is not only this team's (and maybe the league) MVP but also seems to be the only guy who really wants to win every night. I've lost my faith in Recchi, Bergeron and Lucic, and forget about the 6ft9 question mark wearing the C.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

No matter what goes in during OT, no matter what garbage rebouds end up in the net, no matter how crazy flopping goes on while another one goes in, TT continues to get a complete pass no matter what. Rask gets crucified on this board after an ordinary game when they score 1 goal and two 2-0 leads get blown in 24 hours with all sorts of questionable goals and it just doesn't matter.  Just wow. But, he'll go on NESN with his list of excuses and all the fanboys will lap it up while they talk about his stats as usual and continue to let him live off of a couple good months a long time ago. He's been pretty ordinary for quite some time now.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Both have had there troubles lately. But I agree that Rask gets raked over the coals a lot more this season.

But as you stated my main problem with Thomas is his unique ability to deflect blame & criticism from himself. If Rask lets in a softie he takes blame while Thomas will usually throw out the excuse on why that "softie" got by him & it usually has nothing to do with him. Just an annoying  pet peeve I have with Thomas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

If the point is that Tuukka takes an unfair beating out here, I completely agree.  Some seem to hold him to a different standard than TT, which is unfair to the young goaltender.

That being said, I don't think it makes sense to solve that issue by trying to beat up TT.  TT has been this team's MVP this year, I am not going to start  picking him apart to try to balance the unfair Tuukka criticism. 

Goaltending is this team's strength, not worth expending energy beating either guy up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maver23. Show maver23's posts

Posted by SoxFanInIL

Agreed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Thomas makes saves that Rask doesn't.  You can't claim the other way around to be true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thomas has more than done his job. What bothers me is that lately he is misplaying too many shots and taking himself out of position. IMO this is because his body is tired and overworked due to Claude's lack of perspective. this isn't Claude's only boo boo or poor decision making. Last night he sat Marchand in the 3rd. Good move. BUT who does he have to replace Marchand? Paille?? or Thornton?? Meanwhile Seguin is sitting in the press box. Claude needs a sniper for the PP. Seguin is not even considered or tried. Why not Clod ???  Bartkowski has not played well in any game. Why is he still here??  Thornton does not contribute in any positive way. He keeps looking for a fight and other teams ignore him, but Claude still plays him every game. WHY?????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I say that there are times when TT gets tired and should be rested for a while.
    I say this is a time to start going with Rask for a while.
    Get TT rested, he'll come back even better, keep playing him and he will degrade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

As I stated above what drives me about Thomas is his deflecting criticism from himself in his interviews. The guy has had a terrific year but always feels the need to make an excuse for a bad goal. These are his comments after the OT goal against Buffalo on Thursday.

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/

Does anyone else see this as a problem? I wonder how his teamates feel when they hear this stuff. Unfortuneately it has been a pattern with Thomas the last few years. Maybe this is part of the reason that article came out last year about him not being the most popular teamate.

I know the guy is loved by most here but these comments shows very little accountability on his part which has been a problem with this team for a while now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

How many shots has he faced the last 2 games?...To the Sabres and Isles, i may add.
    Thomas getting a pass? More like hung out to dry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

As I stated above what drives me about Thomas is his deflecting criticism from himself in his interviews. The guy has had a terrific year but always feels the need to make an excuse for a bad goal. These are his comments after the OT goal against Buffalo on Thursday. http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/ Does anyone else see this as a problem? I wonder how his teamates feel when they hear this stuff. Unfortuneately it has been a pattern with Thomas the last few years. Maybe this is part of the reason that article came out last year about him not being the most popular teamate. I know the guy is loved by most here but these comments shows very little accountability on his part which has been a problem with this team for a while now.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

As a goalie newf TT is right in what he said. You try to bind time. He tried, but it didn't work out the way you hope. They're called knucklers for a reason. Hard to handle, hard to control.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

That's the kind of play that wins another Vezina.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: And Thomas get ANOTHER pass : As a goalie newf TT is right in what he said. You try to bind time. He tried, but it didn't work out the way you hope. They're called knucklers for a reason. Hard to handle, hard to control.
    Posted by nitemare-38

My point is that whether it was the truth or not I don't see the benefit of saying that in the media. Thomas has seemed to make this a habit & it is annoying. It makes me wonder what his teamates think.

Sometimes it is best to keep that to your self regardless of your belief. Deflecting criticism from yourself on to teamates through the media is not what a good teamate should be doing. Thomas has a bit of a history when it comes to this.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: And Thomas get ANOTHER pass : My point is that whether it was the truth or not I don't see the benefit of saying that in the media. Thomas has seemed to make this a habit & it is annoying. It makes me wonder what his teamates think. Sometimes it is best to keep that to your self regardless of your belief. Deflecting criticism from yourself on to teamates through the media is not what a good teamate should be doing. Thomas has a bit of a history when it comes to this.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Well? It's not always a bad thing to point out lack of support. It's not necessarily to his teammates. It could be to the coaching staff too! Maybe it's things they've talked about as a team & someone isn't it getting it! I've seen TT take responsibility for his mistakes as well. He credits his teammates when it's warranted as well. If all you heard was negativity & put downs come out of his mouth. I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Posted by SoxFanInIL

Sox- i respect the fact that you don't like TT, that is your perogative.  However, i respectfully point out that TT is having the best year of any goalie(and maybe any PLAYER) in the league this year.  The stats don't lie and the national columnists ratings aren't deceiving you.

This guy is having a year for the ages and if you want to bash the best goalie in the league i'd say it may be more personal than anything. If you don't like his technique, i'd say his technique has been more successful than anybody else's in the league this year.

Rask will be a rock in net for years down the line, but he just doesn't have it this year.  His play has been sub-par and the coaches have given him plenty of chances to get out of his season long funk. It just isn't happening.

Personally, i'm rooting for both these guys to succeed. Right now i hope the B's ride the TT streak for as far as it will take them!

Sections
Shortcuts