...and Yannick's back in Reading

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...and Yannick's back in Reading

That's all I have to say about that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re:...and Yannick's back in Reading

Apparently he hasn't learned that to do well at Monopoly, Reading is not the greatest place to own property to win...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm sure that the arrival of Bodnarchuk and Hennessey and the booting of Riendeau will turn around the fortunes of the P-Bruins, who've lost their two games this year by identical 4-1 scores.  Good news, Dog, is that Sauve has one of the two goals (McDermid the other - is it possible he could develop hands?).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sigh...Providence.  A shame about Riendeau, but who really had high hopes for him at this point.  Having Cunningham, Camper, and Randall pass you on the AHL depth chart has got to be a "go back to school" moment for any prospect.

If Providence is terrible again this year, it will be a lot harder to hang on to the notion that the system is stocked with talent (I know some of the best prospects are in junior).  Maybe that's why we keep hearing about Ray Whitney.  Oh well, only two games with a new coach...who knows?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Riendeau isn't working out as a professional player? Who could have guessed? Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re:...and Yannick's back in Reading:
    Riendeau isn't working out as a professional player? Who could have guessed?
    Posted by Kennedy97

I heard they love him in Reading. Apparently he makes terriffic Smores........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Honestly shocked.  He must have been working like an animal all summer to impress me on the first day of camp, I would have bet good money he'd be on the 3rd or 4th in Providence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

okay okay I was one that was certain he'de make at least Prov.
    I saw a play a lot in his junior days and thought he had what it would take to make it in the professional ranks (AHL, NHL).
    Now stop bringing or start threads about this guy !!! It's like the Marchand Thorton thing... LOL 

One more thing, if only he could have showed a bit more and maybe his old boss (Boucher) would want him in Tampa.  Maybe we could have gotten a pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

To be honest, the only reason I say anything about this guy is because people bring him up whenever there's anything like a glimmer of hope he'll be more than an ECHL scorer.  Heck, my only investment in this is that, when he was signed, I pointed out a long pattern of Q overagers with crazy scoring stats who never make it above the level of AHL journeyman or ECHL scorer.  Now, it was Mr. 30+ Pims for arguing offsides who led the charge back with the "but he scored 52 points in 19 playoffs games!" argument, but there was a long stretch where people wanted to see him play with Bergeron.  Madness.

I'm happy to let him fade to something other than black (and gold), but let's all take that advice.  Looks like the Bruins are way ahead of us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

To be honest, the only reason I say anything about this guy is because people bring him up whenever there's anything like a glimmer of hope he'll be more than an ECHL scorer.  Heck, my only investment in this is that, when he was signed, I pointed out a long pattern of Q overagers with crazy scoring stats who never make it above the level of AHL journeyman or ECHL scorer.  Now, it was Mr. 30+ Pims for arguing offsides who led the charge back with the "but he scored 52 points in 19 playoffs games!" argument, but there was a long stretch where people wanted to see him play with Bergeron.  Madness. I'm happy to let him fade to something other than black (and gold), but let's all take that advice.  Looks like the Bruins are way ahead of us.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I really don't mind you bringing him up.  You make me chuckle all the time especially since I originally thought otherwise.
    As for that Mr. 30+ Pims guy (cougn cough aka DK46 PB37) what nickname does he have now ? 
    Anybody know ? 
    Maybe I'll put out a bounty (free ticket) for anyone that knows . Money mouth

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re:...and Yannick's back in Reading : I really don't mind you bringing him up.  You make me chuckle all the time especially since I originally thought otherwise. As for that Mr. 30+ Pims guy (cougn cough aka DK46 PB37) what nickname does he have now ?  Anybody know ?  Maybe I'll put out a bounty (free ticket) for anyone that knows .
    Posted by BsLegion

It would be even better to find the ref that managed to come up with 32 minutes in penalties (along with blowing the offsides call).

...And a unicorn

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

"Slow" night in Reading!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

I can assure you that Riendeau and Hamill can be terrible scorers in a beer league, but they have nothing to see with the NHL. And they are the first to know it.

But $600,000 and $1,300,000 per year, It's not so bad. And next year, Switzerland or Finland, I've seen worse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think he checked out, Legion.  DKPB4637 was fairly recognizable.  Wasn't a bad poster generally - I once apologized publicly for mocking him when he said the Bruins could get a second round pick for LTIR Kobasew because, well, they did (hello koko).  But boy, talk about making that one mistake that poisons the environment.  That Pims story was his Exxon Valdez.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think he checked out, Legion.  DKPB4637 was fairly recognizable.  Wasn't a bad poster generally - I once apologized publicly for mocking him when he said the Bruins could get a second round pick for LTIR Kobasew because, well, they did (hello koko).  But boy, talk about making that one mistake that poisons the environment.  That Pims story was his Exxon Valdez.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I bet he's around.
    I just like the story behind the PIMs and everyone having some fun with it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Posted by Bookboy007

Yeah, he wasn't a bad poster.  If he owned up on the 32 PIMs story it might have gone away, but he chose to fight it so vehemently that it just became more and more ridiculous, and memorable.  I liked him, but it was impossible not to laugh at that.

Funny story about Kobasew too, who knew?  I have the joy of watching him play for the Avs this season, and I think I will continue to wonder aloud how we got a 2nd rounder for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sauve has one of the two goals (McDermid the other - is it possible he could develop hands?).Posted by Bookboy007

McDermid had decent numbers last year for a bruiser and will be the new poster child for the "Skating Clown" comments when he replaces Thornton at some point.

Its' just too bad Knight and Spooner missed that birth date cutoff. Would have liked to see Sauve skating with them and the PBruins record would upside right now. Farmville looks to suffer a bit for now...

Sections
Shortcuts