And You Thought Subban Was Bad!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: And You Thought Subban Was Bad!

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

We btch a lot about diving.  For years, basketball fans have been talking about how bad it is in the NBA.  I have't watched a basketball game since Bird retired, so I wasn't aware the extent that these fools dive.

These are truly amazing.  I really can't believe they call themselves professionals.

Soccer n basketball = jokes 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

We btch a lot about diving.  For years, basketball fans have been talking about how bad it is in the NBA.  I have't watched a basketball game since Bird retired, so I wasn't aware the extent that these fools dive.

These are truly amazing.  I really can't believe they call themselves professionals.

Soccer n basketball = jokes 

This is true.  It horrible that its true though, if these two sports took that nonsense out of the game they would both be highly entertaining and fun as hell to watch!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I think that's why I rail against diving so much it made the NBA unwatchable and a complete joke IMO. Star players always get foul calls and never foul.

Boston's own Paul Pierce is one of the worst, if not the worst, diver in the league. He made a career out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J_ZA_KdcnE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysT8RA6JQks

Overall, way too much diving and no traveling calls....ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Just amazing.  If it comes to the NHL to that level, I'm done following it.

What a pile of frauds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

I think that's why I rail against diving so much it made the NBA unwatchable and a complete joke IMO. Star players always get foul calls and never foul.

Boston's own Paul Pierce is one of the worst, if not the worst, diver in the league. He made a career out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J_ZA_KdcnE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysT8RA6JQks

Overall, way too much diving and no traveling calls....ever.

This is so true.5,6,7,8 steps and no call.Major reason i stopped watching along with a few others.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Soccer & NBA are un-watchable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

As much as I hate basketball, at leat they fined 3 players for "flopping" the other night including Lebraun James. Wish the NHL would start this for dives.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Both very playable sports. But watchable? You're right on the moeny.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I stopped watching basketball on a regular basis a long time ago, partly because of the diving.

I do watch soccer still - but the diving almost ruins it for me completely. However, I find that the MLS has a lot less than the European leagues, so it makes for better watching for me. Granted the talent level isn't as high as the European or South American leagues, but there's more hard working players and culturally diving is not as accepted in the MLS. Sure it still happens, but compared to the Italian league or the Premiership? The floppers are killing those leagues for me.

(Oh and travelling is still a rule? I assumed they just took it off the books. You mean you can still only take three steps for a layup or dunk? Someone should tell the NBA that)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Both very playable sports. But watchable? You're right on the moeny.

I agree

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Disgraceful.  A league with any integrity would pass out fines and suspensions for such nonsense.

I never watch basketball any more, so I wouldn't even know how bad it is.  For some strange reason I can still enjoy soccer sometimes, but in addition to the diving, the fake injuries make me insane.  

Can you even imagine a scenario in hockey where a player goes off on a stretcher and then comes back in the game 5 minutes later?  Inconceivable, and if it happened, the subject would probably take a prompt beating from the other team, and maybe one from his own teammates.  As he should.

Hopefully both the league and the fists of opposing players continue to deter this garbage in the NHL for a long time. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'll watch soccer hilites when the ref is running for his life from the players, crowd and probably the vendors too because of not calling the right dive. Most enjoyable !

Where else can you get that type of entertainment.

Lynchmobs chasing refs........bring the family. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Just amazing.  If it comes to the NHL to that level, I'm done following it.

What a pile of frauds.

Is this a 'pot calling the kettle black' moment or 'people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones' one?

Criticizing the NBA for something equally as prevalent in the NHL is pretty funny.  Do we have to start naming names or teams that relish in 'the dive'?

Why do Bruins fans direly despise the Habs and Canucks....let's dive into that one!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you went to the webpage that I posted, you'd understand my statement better. 

"to that level"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

If you went to the webpage that I posted, you'd understand my statement better. 

"to that level"

Was that provided on the original post here, because it appears BDC removed it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Was that provided on the original post here, because it appears BDC removed it.

Click on this: These are truly amazing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I'll watch soccer hilites when the ref is running for his life from the players, crowd and probably the vendors too because of not calling the right dive. Most enjoyable !

Where else can you get that type of entertainment.

Lynchmobs chasing refs........bring the family. 

I watch soccer from time to time but yeah, this is nuts.

http://youtu.be/vR2tx0V80Tg

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Here you go.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Disgraceful.  A league with any integrity would pass out fines and suspensions for such nonsense.

I never watch basketball any more, so I wouldn't even know how bad it is.  For some strange reason I can still enjoy soccer sometimes, but in addition to the diving, the fake injuries make me insane.  

Can you even imagine a scenario in hockey where a player goes off on a stretcher and then comes back in the game 5 minutes later?  Inconceivable, and if it happened, the subject would probably take a prompt beating from the other team, and maybe one from his own teammates.  As he should.

Hopefully both the league and the fists of opposing players continue to deter this garbage in the NHL for a long time. 

They did, 3 players got fined last game including James.  I hate the league and do not watch it, but this is a step in the right direction.  I wish the NHL would fine obvious diving.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Here you go.

Thespians.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I did not watch one second of any basketball this year. At any level. I could not name five Celtics.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Here you go.

I would never defend basketball for the diving that goes on in that game at the NBA level, however, when a hockey message board criticiizes that game when the same issue is prevalent in the game of hockey, that was the basis of my comment of the 'pot calling the kettle black'.

It is unprofessional that NBA & NHL players have to stoop to acting to gain an edge...it used to be that athletes had pride in themselves and would want to win on talent first.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Lebron says flopping is part of the game..