And You Thought Subban Was Bad!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: And You Thought Subban Was Bad!

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

I would never defend basketball for the diving that goes on in that game at the NBA level, however, when a hockey message board criticiizes that game when the same issue is prevalent in the game of hockey, that was the basis of my comment of the 'pot calling the kettle black'.

It is unprofessional that NBA & NHL players have to stoop to acting to gain an edge...it used to be that athletes had pride in themselves and would want to win on talent first.

No one is saying that hockey players don't dive.  In fact, the title of the thread says that hockey players do dive.

They just don't dive like that.

WTF.  It's been a week between games.  I'm trying to create some interesting banter for the gang.  Why don't you head on back to the Sox board and discuss one of 162 nightly paint drying contests.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

i,ve thought for years that the NHL should have done what the NBA is now doing. Fine the players for diving! It makes a mockery out of the league, its rules & referees. It needs to be done!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pucman's comment:

i,ve thought for years that the NHL should have done what the NBA is now doing. Fine the players for diving! It makes a mockery out of the league, its rules & referees. It needs to be done!

Going down easy (not unlike the girls I date) is one part of it.  The part where they stay down with their hands covering their faces or just stay motionless until the whistle is another part that drives me bonkers.  There should be consequences for stopping play due to injury.  If you are hurt so badly that you can't get up, obvioulsy you're not fit to play. 

They should get 10-minute misconducts, re-labeled as "10-minute evaluations".  It would put a stop to this stupidity immediately, especially with the goalies.

It's not a perfect idea, as obviously the goalies couldn't both be out on eval, but it is a start.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Hard to penalize in hockey during the game, because the game is so fast, but definitely need to hand out fines after the fact.

Thankfully, I can't recall too many flops done by the Bruins this year. From everything that Claude has said, it sounds like he's made an honest effort to take dives out of their game. Years past? Can't quite say the same, as Marchand was pretty bad in the Caps series last year. They haven't been the worst (by a long shot), but they weren't angels, either. There are really MAYBE 1 or 2 in each game in hockey, no more than 5, per game, and most of them aren't very eggregious. In the NBA, it's just embarassing.

I've always disliked Paul Pierce, because he tries to play the "tough guy" card too often, just to flop around to draw foul shots. I've never thought of him as a truly elite player, because half of his points are scored from the foul line. I think Paul "The Lie" Pierce would be more fitting than "The Truth".

Habs/Canucks > All NBA teams at playing an honest game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

This may have been stated earlier, but I have not watched NBA since Bird's last game. Why? Well, when was the last time "traveling" was called?  And, it's long been known that the players control this sport, not the coaches--strange sport the NBA.

But, the NHL does allow the side show of fighting to contiune. So, what it this sport? Boxing or hockey?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Here you go. 

These are truly amazing.  I really can't believe they call themselves professionals.

Thespians.

Last time I watched Basketball, Johnny Most would scream "<Player X> just pulled a Stanislavski!!"

I like Soccer. Basketball is utterly unwatchable. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

I would never defend basketball for the diving that goes on in that game at the NBA level, however, when a hockey message board criticiizes that game when the same issue is prevalent in the game of hockey, that was the basis of my comment of the 'pot calling the kettle black'.

It is unprofessional that NBA & NHL players have to stoop to acting to gain an edge...it used to be that athletes had pride in themselves and would want to win on talent first.

No one is saying that hockey players don't dive.  In fact, the title of the thread says that hockey players do dive.

They just don't dive like that.

WTF.  It's been a week between games.  I'm trying to create some interesting banter for the gang.  Why don't you head on back to the Sox board and discuss one of 162 nightly paint drying contests.

WTF...because I am also a Bruins fan and I won't be bullied by you elitest hockey simpletons. I have an opinion and a right to post here just like you...but since you don't seem to have the ability to follow more than one professional sport at athe same time that is an issue you will have to deal with. Go Sox & Go B's!

I love being treated as a 2nd class poster by these dimwits because I have a Sox based name. I see where N.A.S. comes from though...not a shot of having a clue!

8. This post has been removed.