Andrew Ference Salute!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Andrew Ference Salute!

Andrew Ference

"I’ve read every message.Thank you doesn’t seem sufficient.This team, fans and city are incredible. It’s been an honor to become a Bostonian."

Man he is cool and I will miss him!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Andrew Ference Salute!

He will be missed.  Wish him the best on his next stop.  My guess is he will have plenty of suitors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Whatever team signs him will be getting a solid, experienced player. I'm thinking Edmonton should go after him, though he'll have plenty of suitors.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

What ever team signs him will get a good player and quality person.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Yes, he will be missed. And the Bruins will regret losing him. Don't want Ference to go at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I appreciate everything Ference brought to the team. He will be missed. I'll never forget when he flipped off the Bell Centre.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hopefully the play of Krug and/or Bartkowski and/or Hamilton will make all you guys forget about Ference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He was a soldier, and well worth his salary. Some team will be getting a quality player/person.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sorry but his intellectual handling of the media is the best of all.  Name the media "expert" from Dupont, Haggerty, Felger, but he was always there for gracious not selfish media hyperbole interrogatives.   Giving the finger, standing up for teammates, and playing copious minutes in the final games of the year will all be forgotten in the analysis of contract demands.  You will always be a Bruin Andrew!  Thanks for being a good buddy to Chara too! Ference was a great teammate!

Don't judge me monkey!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I will miss Andrew too!!  Agree as a solid contributor to the Stanley Cup winning team team he will always be a Bruin.  He played really well over this recent playoff run especially against the Pens. I wish we could keep him but with the new cap there will be tough choices.  They have to sign Rask and try to keep Horton perhaps and they have some solid cheaper talent to replace AF.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Will be sorely missed but man are the Bruins deep with yound D talent.......

Replacing an old vet like ference would be really hard for a lot of teams but no so much for Boston.

Great pick up for some other team

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

He will be missed.  Wish him the best on his next stop.  My guess is he will have plenty of suitors.

Thanks for the great pic Crowls...Awesome...As you others, I will miss him too. Great guy. And your right. He won't be out of work long. So many clubs would do well by signing him. Edmonton for one. He's got a ring. A Bruin forever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

I replied to this tweet.  He was always the first one to stick up for his teamates and out of respect they stood up for him...think Raffi Torres!

Good luck to him, great guy, i've gained a lot of respect for him the past few seasons.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ference created the jacket, the chain, and the army jacket player of the games, and those are things that a clubhouse leader does for his team. He was a great locker-room presence, and a guy who understood also about the politics/financial end of hockey. He served the B's well, and in a perfect world, he could remain. I will miss Ference and his hard work along the boards and as a fine d-man who was a superb member of the 11 Cup champions. Thank you, Andrew.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I doubt he'll be unemployed for very long.  He always seemed to give maximum effort.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He was an absolutely solid Bruin and I'll miss seeing him in black and Gold.

That said, I hope Mark Stuart has already called him and told him how much he'd love Winnipeg.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The team will miss him a ton, and a true Boston Guy.

I'll bet Detroit is all over him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Love this guy.  Total Bruin through and through.  I met the team in Denver in 2011 and he was hands down the most gracious and amicable too.

A few of my favorite memories are the way he always stuck up for his teammates.

You want to shoot at TT after the whistle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di_wyW1kMU8

Was it worth it?

And he doesn't care if you've got 6 inches and 40 lbs. on him either.  Don't hit his teammates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BrfKWwVNWk

And this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxS3O0wf-eo

He will be missed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Hopefully the play of Krug and/or Bartkowski and/or Hamilton will make all you guys forget about Ference.

This is about a salute to a quality player and a terrific individual, here and now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Really sad to see him leave Boston ...he is a real one , he always give 100% ...the finger at the Bell Center was really cool ....

Andrew good bye , good luck 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This is classic too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=VnU7Z43z2kI

Oh Maxime...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

sal-uuuute

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tks san for singling him out.  i was somehow hoping he would come back. he won me over.  It took a while but i can honestly say i wish there were a way to bring af and horton back.  

i know the cap is coming down.  But we were starved for def this year.  If peverly were traded it would create wiggle room.  I would have no issue with sending hamilton bart krug to the ahl.  His play against sid was awesome.  

I could see him in a few spots.  

San jose, la kings, philly, ottawa and possible toronto.  I think any cup contender would welcome him.  

Thank you Andrew.  A true warrior and will always be a bruin.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Thanks Andrew. I'm sad to see you go. Thanks for helping win a cup and ending decades of misery. I will remember you as a guy who appreciated what it meant to be a Bruin. Evidenced for me by your steady hard working approach, how you elevated your game for the playoffs, and especially how you stood up for your teammates.

For me one of your finest moments, perfectly expressing the feelings of thousands of Bruins fans and Hab haters across the continent, was when you saluted the fans in Montreal so appropriately, or innapropriately ..... whatever. Doesn't matter to me, It was sweet catharsis.

And of course the fact that you are a great citizen of the world, but just a regular Joe. All the best at your next stop. Enjoy the ride!

Sections
Shortcuts