Andrew Ference Salute!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Andrew Ference Salute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0MSz_UfKc

"What ? I stood still...I'm telling yah"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hockey player.

Call this a jump on the ex-gf deadline threads - bring him back for the playoffs!

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Like I've said before, the Bruins will regret the loss of Ference. Anyone who scores a goal against the Habs and then gives the entire Bell Center the finger is tip top in my books.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think I'll be genuinly happy when he gets his nice pay-bump in just over a week, even if it means him putting on another team's jersey.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Always said it. AF is a consumate professional.

Cerebral, tough, candid, a true team player, and more skilled than many of us have given him credit for.

With all this Hernandez nonsense, it is great to know there are athletes out there who ARE role models for the kids of today. Andrew Ference is one of them.

I salute you, Sir. Your place in Bruins lore is secure.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Wish nothing but the best for AF! A true Bruin in my books. Some team is going to be really lucky to get this warrior. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Love this guy.  Total Bruin through and through.  I met the team in Denver in 2011 and he was hands down the most gracious and amicable too.

A few of my favorite memories are the way he always stuck up for his teammates.

You want to shoot at TT after the whistle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di_wyW1kMU8

Was it worth it?

And he doesn't care if you've got 6 inches and 40 lbs. on him either.  Don't hit his teammates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BrfKWwVNWk

And this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxS3O0wf-eo

He will be missed.

Not to nit-pick, but it was Rask that got shelled after the whistle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Love this guy.  Total Bruin through and through.  I met the team in Denver in 2011 and he was hands down the most gracious and amicable too.

A few of my favorite memories are the way he always stuck up for his teammates.

You want to shoot at TT after the whistle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di_wyW1kMU8

Was it worth it?

And he doesn't care if you've got 6 inches and 40 lbs. on him either.  Don't hit his teammates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BrfKWwVNWk

And this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxS3O0wf-eo

He will be missed.

thanks i can never get enough of this stuff..

What a great Bruin i will miss him..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Also loved in the 2011 SCF video after one of the Sedin's embellished a shove and went down like he was shot, AF skated over to him and asked "are you sure you're alright", priceless. The salute at the Bell centre was a highlight for me as well just because Andrew did in one gesture what i've felt like doing for the past 45 years. Well done Andrew, will miss you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

I didn't like the contract extension PC gave him in 2010. I was wrong - errare humanum est.

The Bruins may have the personnel to replace the hockey player Andrew Ference, but they will have a hard time replacing his personality. Thank you Andrew!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone and I go home. (George Carlin)

It's "Stehno", not "Z-Dayno"!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

He gave it his all for 7 great seasons in a Bruins uniform. I have nothing but respect for him and he will be missed. You could tell he was upset after his talk with PC. Man I hate to see guys like this leave. Good luck moving forward Andy !

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

Thanks for helping bring a cup something no one will ever forget.

From a personal stand point I will never forget when Andrew called me on my buddys cell phone in the summer of 2011. He was visiting the Army Ranger base in Georgia and my friend whos a ranger gave him a tour ofthe place. I pick up the phone and Andrew says "hey I am speaking with the biggest Pu_ _y in maine"! He opened with a funny shot and I said after you guys just won the cup I will let the coment slide and thanked him for helping the bruins get the cup! Talked to me for maybe 5 mins totaly cool and humble guy. I Know alot of army rangers who are big bruins fans because of him and it was cool to see the ranger uniform worn by bruins players after playoff wins.

I wish nothing but great things for him and his family stinks seeing a guy go who still wants to be a bruin and all his teamates still want him to stay on board but its purely cap reasons why he won't be back.

I hope he gets a job in the West so that I can still cheer for him to make the Finals. He's a good player who seems like an even better person. I wish him all the best. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He should get a rousing standing ovation during his first visit to the Garden next year...unless he's in a Habs sweater!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

From a personal stand point I will never forget when Andrew called me on my buddys cell phone in the summer of 2011. He was visiting the Army Ranger base in Georgia and my friend whos a ranger gave him a tour ofthe place. I pick up the phone and Andrew says "hey I am speaking with the biggest Pu_ _y in maine"! He opened with a funny shot and I said after you guys just won the cup I will let the coment slide and thanked him for helping the bruins get the cup! Talked to me for maybe 5 mins totaly cool and humble guy. I Know alot of army rangers who are big bruins fans because of him and it was cool to see the ranger uniform worn by bruins players after playoff wins.

I wish nothing but great things for him and his family stinks seeing a guy go who still wants to be a bruin and all his teamates still want him to stay on board but its purely cap reasons why he won't be back.

What's wrong with his family?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

[QUOTE]

What's wrong with his family?

[/QUOTE]

Hippies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I can't remember the last guy who left who was so unreservedly wished well.  Maybe Kobasew? There was a lot of thank you Timmy sentiment when Thomas rode off into his bunker, but that was more about the Cup than anything else.  This seems more like and across the board respect of Ference and his grasp of who you have to be for Bruins fans and the city of Boston to connect with you. 

"Good Alberta boy, I tell ya."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I can't remember the last guy who left who was so unreservedly wished well.  Maybe Kobasew? There was a lot of thank you Timmy sentiment when Thomas rode off into his bunker, but that was more about the Cup than anything else.  This seems more like and across the board respect of Ference and his grasp of who you have to be for Bruins fans and the city of Boston to connect with you. 

I think the "Bruin way" is a hard hard thing to define, but I also think that fans know it when they see it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

That's what I thought of when I saw "Andrew Ference Salute".  I wish more players would give the Bell Centre crowd an Andrew Ference Salute whenever they start signing Ole, Ole, Ole.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

AWESOME!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Sturm was pretty well liked as well but certainly not like this. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

I hope he gets a job in the West so that I can still cheer for him to make the Finals. He's a good player who seems like an even better person. I wish him all the best. 

After 3 years we agree on something lol

[/QUOTE]

C'mon, there must've been something else you were right about during all that time.