Andrew Ference!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Andrew Ference!

He's a good 5-6, but he gets paid about 1 million too much

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

In Response to Re: Andrew Ference!:
    Ference is way underrated in my opinion.  I cant show you dozens of videos of Chara making horrible mistakes too.  He is small, but he is physical and plays a smart game.  He might be overpaid, but what veteran on the Bruins isnt, Shawn Thornton?
    Posted by bigvig

I agree but I think that a vet Dman making = money to thornton could fill Ferrence's role. Maybe not. But thats why PC is the GM. Although swapping Ferrences 2.2 wiht 850k would go a long way to helping the cap problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

In Response to Re: Andrew Ference! : Please dont ever post a link to that again
    Posted by SeguinMyTime

My bad, I guess that's the reason why I can't seem to get over it.... Mr. Ference that is; he was the one who gave hope to them F... Flyers.  To me, that was the difference maker.  Anyway, sorry for the reminder. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I watched Ference last night for a while, and notice he is small-ish. He played a pretty decent game that I could see. No major mistakes. 
    His career +- is not great, and this year is too early to tell, but I guess that is what you get for the $ these days. 
    I thought McQuaid looked in-over-his-head a few times. He's young, so give him time, and since he's on a 7-2 team, it can't be all bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

AF is one of only 3 Bruins to play in a Cup final (Recchi and Chara being the others).  He's not flawless, but he's generally consistent.  You get the same thing from him almost every night.  There's a lot to be said for that, especially when the thing you get is experienced play.  Opinions - maybe TT doesn't get the last two shutouts without Ference on the top pairing. 

Look, the guy is never going to sell tickets unless he scalps his comps before the game.  But here are the guys who make similar money on D: Brent Sopel, Trevor Daley, Jim Vandermeer, Joe Corvo, Hal Gill, Carlo Colaiacovo, Andy Sutton, Shaone Morrisonn, Jan Hejda, Adrian Aucoin, Anton Stralman, Greg Zanon.  The majority here?  Journeymen, one-dimensional players with clear flaws to their games.  If this were the Wizard of Oz, you'd be asking if Corvo only had a brain, if Gill could only stake, if Colaiacovo could only stay healthy, if Sutton could only handle the puck, if Morrisonn could only be more consistent, if Aucoin could only do more than shoot, etc. etc.

Salaries are not absolute measurements of talent.  The going rate for a player like Ference is a little north of $2M - experienced, safe, unspectacular defensemen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

I would gladly replace him with somebody in the 850-900k range.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I'm very glad the B's are winning. They're playing great as a team, and I hope that continues.  As for Ference, I just think he's over paid for his service.  To me, he makes the most mistakes of all, and he's supppose to be a veteran.  Guess, I'm still mad over this big mistake by him...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJps-ligYs

Anyway, he would not be a player on my team.  

Enjoy the day guys!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

He doesnt stink but compared to other players with a similar cap hit I'd say he's the odd man out. But that does limit our defensive depth. With Ferrence gone you'd have Chara-Boychuck(when he comes back), Siedes-Hunwick, McQuaid-Stuart. Then if anyone gets hurst your calling up either Kamp or Bart who are unproven in the NHL.

7-2-0 People still find somethign to complain about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Have you guys noticed the Bruins goals against average this season?

If so, how can you complain about anyone on the defense?

So dumb!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think Ference is suffering a bit from Wideman Syndrome:  it's not the frequency or severity of his errors, it's the visibility. He's been on the ice for two 5-on-5 goals against this season.  One of them was in the opener, and the other was that gaffe goal on Thomas against Washington.  On the whole, that seems like pretty good results through 9 games.
    Posted by DrCC

Especially when you consider that it was TT who made the gaffe on the goal against Wash.He should've just let ference keep skating for the puck but he decided to go out and play it(I thought it was out of boredom that TT left the netbut he's playing so well I don't care).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Ference is way underrated in my opinion.  I can show you dozens of videos of Chara making horrible mistakes too.  He is small, but he is physical and plays a smart game.  He might be overpaid, but what veteran on the Bruins isnt, Shawn Thornton?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

In Response to Re: Andrew Ference! : I hope a d-man isn't going to be blamed every time TT gives up a goal now.I believe Ference should be moved too but there is NO WAY that goal was his fault.The guy fans on a shot/pass which Ference blocks.Unfortunately the puck goes straight back to the shooter and TT was already playing the original shot attempt.You can blame Ference for lots of things but blaming him for a pass block is ridiculous(just saw the play again and if Ference lets that pass get through the Sabres would've had a tap-in anyway).
    Posted by dezaruchi

I do see your point, and TT probably could've made that save.  But, it just seem Ference is always there when something bad happens.  I've lost my confidence with him, although he does have heart and grits.  Also, the money he makes is an issue as well; especially now with the cap problem.  Hey, if anything I liked him when he was in Pittsburgh.  Again, I hope the B's will continue their success.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

.SORRY.........TOO SMALL, GETS PINCHED TO MUCH, AND GETS TO THE I.R.  AT LEAST TWO TIMES A YEAR. ALOT OF HEART AND GUTS BUT YOU CAN TEACH HEIGHT AND WEIGHT
    Posted by pissttt

And good health, LOL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Andrew Ference! : Over paid is correct. Truthfully, I would've packaged him off the Florida or anything other team after his performance from last year's playoff.  I bet Caron can play better defence than him, and he's a foward and a rookie.  Sorry, but I would give play time to McQuaid instead... seem alot more solid as a 5-6, and a whole lot cheaper.  Ference is Bruins weakiest link.  See him last night?  Maybe TT would have had another shut-out if it wasn't for him.  
    Posted by Opinions-R-Us

I hope a d-man isn't going to be blamed every time TT gives up a goal now.I believe Ference should be moved too but there is NO WAY that goal was his fault.The guy fans on a shot/pass which Ference blocks.Unfortunately the puck goes straight back to the shooter and TT was already playing the original shot attempt.You can blame Ference for lots of things but blaming him for a pass block is ridiculous(just saw the play again and if Ference lets that pass get through the Sabres would've had a tap-in anyway).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew got traded but I also think he has been playing solid the last few games. Ference isn't flashy because he doesn't have to be that's not what the Bruins need from him Andrew needs to stay at home and be a calming influence to the younger Dman on the team.

At some point I'd like to calculate the Bruins win % while Ference is in the lineup because I'll bet it's pretty high.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

So now it's Ference who's the whipping boy. ::makes note:: Got to keep them straight, y'know.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I'm very glad the B's are winning. They're playing great as a team, and I hope that continues.  As for Ference, I just think he's over paid for his service.  To me, he makes the most mistakes of all, and he's supppose to be a veteran.  Guess, I'm still mad over this big mistake by him...   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJps-ligYs Anyway, he would not be a player on my team.   Enjoy the day guys!! 
    Posted by Opinions-R-Us

SORRY FORGOT TO MENTION: Foward the clip to 3:25 above and you see what I mean!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Not-A-Shot....you constantly call everyone dumb, everyone has their own opinions; structure or systems of locking wings, collapsing the d-zone, ala the trap will always keep GAA numbers down; anyone of the opinion that Ference is not a good defenseman, me included, are talking of the individual not the TEAM stats.  Just do not respond if your going to belittle others opinions in thought that your own is the only that matters.
    Posted by yep123

Your own personal opinion is generally all that matters.What else does anyone base anything on but their own opinion?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not-A-Shot....you constantly call everyone dumb, everyone has their own opinions; structure or systems of locking wings, collapsing the d-zone, ala the trap will always keep GAA numbers down; anyone of the opinion that Ference is not a good defenseman, me included, are talking of the individual not the TEAM stats.  Just do not respond if your going to belittle others opinions in thought that your own is the only that matters.
    Posted by yep123

He's a +5 AND the team is doing an incredible job keeping the puck out of the net.  I watch the games.  He plays fine for his role. 

I don't constantly call people dumb.  I call people dumb who are looking for and creating reasons to complain when the team is off to an amazing start.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

He's a good 5-6, but he gets paid about 1 million too much
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

Over paid is correct. Truthfully, I would've packaged him off the Florida or anything other team after his performance from last year's playoff.  I bet Caron can play better defence than him, and he's a foward and a rookie. 
    Sorry, but I would give play time to McQuaid instead... seem alot more solid as a 5-6, and a whole lot cheaper.  Ference is Bruins weakiest link.  See him last night?  Maybe TT would have had another shut-out if it wasn't for him.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

In Response to Re: Andrew Ference! : I agree but I think that a vet Dman making = money to thornton could fill Ferrence's role. Maybe not. But thats why PC is the GM. Although swapping Ferrences 2.2 wiht 850k would go a long way to helping the cap problem.
    Posted by SeguinMyTime

Absolutely agree!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

He was a 8th rounder. Pretty good for him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I'm very glad the B's are winning. They're playing great as a team, and I hope that continues.  As for Ference, I just think he's over paid for his service.  To me, he makes the most mistakes of all, and he's supppose to be a veteran.  Guess, I'm still mad over this big mistake by him...   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJps-ligYs Anyway, he would not be a player on my team.   Enjoy the day guys!! 
    Posted by Opinions-R-Us

Please dont ever post a link to that again Yell

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think Ference is suffering a bit from Wideman Syndrome:  it's not the frequency or severity of his errors, it's the visibility.

He's been on the ice for two 5-on-5 goals against this season.  One of them was in the opener, and the other was that gaffe goal on Thomas against Washington.  On the whole, that seems like pretty good results through 9 games.

Sections
Shortcuts