Andrew Ference!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Andrew Ference!

In Response to Re: Andrew Ference!:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the feedback guys!  I'm very glad the B's are winning. They're playing great as a team, and I hope that continues.  As for Ference, I just think he's over paid for his service.  To me, he makes the most mistakes of all, and he's supppose to be a veteran.  Guess, I'm still mad over this big mistake by him...   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJps-ligYs Anyway, he would not be a player on my team.   Enjoy the day guys!! 
    Posted by Opinions-R-Us[/QUOTE]

Hunwick makes many more mistakes than Ference does

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

No, Hunwick IS a mistake.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjd57. Show rjd57's posts

I'd rather watch a small defenseman with some heart than a big one who constantly turns over the puck, unforced.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

It was good to see him step it up, but would be better to he him sustain that type of play, might even be worth his salary if that were to happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Whoa Bookboy, look out!  Now, if you write something on these boards that someone disagrees with, they might state those disagreements here in written form. 

Outrageous.

P.S.  Doesn't that already happen?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Bottom line is can we afford to lose his play fo the Bruins? To me he for a veteran should play a little better in the puck moving ability and the fact he is teamed with Chara will only boost his stats. Can he have an effect on pairing with a lesser talent? The answer is no. We have better talent IMO in Providence if given the chance. He like Hunwick get pushed around in front of net and are not built for the physical play and we can only afford to have one of these players. The reason i think he got new contract is because in playoffs last year PC needed his leadership and he was injured alot and played in playoffs for us. We are in bind no more. SEE YA!!! He's fighting now and just a matter of time before he gets hurt again.
    Posted by Blue-Berry[/QUOTE]

there are some talented defensemen in Providence, but the ones with the most talent (Kampfer, Bartkowski, Alexandrov) are all rookies and nowhere near ready for the NHL. It takes a long time for defensemen to develop, and none of those players are going to be better right now than Ference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Good deal Fletch, thanks.....enjoy the tilt tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO BB hit the nail on the head with his comparison chart. Remember how glad Bruins fans were to get rid of Hal Gill ? Well, in spite of the 7-2-0 run some of us observers would smile if andy Ference were gonzo, and we would not want any of the "comparisons" that BB offered up. It indicates how many of these "entertainers" are overpaid. It also indicates that PC is doing a very good job in upgrading the Bruins to where we expect more quality and capability from everyone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well could be the Ference haters are sleeping off hangovers on this lovely fall day so I'll have to check this thread tomorrow LoL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins248. Show bruins248's posts

i like Ference, yeah he isn't the best offensive dfensemen but he does get the job done when called upon. Think about this though, maybe his value isn't as high as wideman's but imagine still having Wideman, and trading Ference. I miss Wideman no homosexuality.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

BookBoy - you just opened yourself up for grade school comments, when you have an opinion I'll be glad to rip into you going forward given I disagree....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blue-Berry. Show Blue-Berry's posts

Bottom line is can we afford to lose his play fo the Bruins? To me he for a veteran should play a little better in the puck moving ability and the fact he is teamed with Chara will only boost his stats. Can he have an effect on pairing with a lesser talent? The answer is no. We have better talent IMO in Providence if given the chance. He like Hunwick get pushed around in front of net and are not built for the physical play and we can only afford to have one of these players. The reason i think he got new contract is because in playoffs last year PC needed his leadership and he was injured alot and played in playoffs for us. We are in bind no more. SEE YA!!! He's fighting now and just a matter of time before he gets hurt again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I gave Ference a star for last night game he was everywhere!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

DAMMIT! Right after his fight last nite I was going to say that Ference was showing some leadership. I also will say. I hope he continue's to shoot the puck. This guy never seems to miss the net when he does.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

He showed some real CHARACTER last night...good for him. Maybe the 6'9" monster with the "C" could learn some LEADERSHIP skills from a guy with his HEART.

Ference is a solid 5-6 Dman - about 500k less, and he wouldn't get half the grief thrown his way -

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Ference is, and always has been, a solid NHL defenseman when he is healthy.

His problem is that he plays when he's hurt, and his effectiveness is diminished, and fans say he stinks.

But if he doesn't play when he's hurt, fans call him a pansy.

Such is the conundrum of Andrew Ference.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Ference is, and always has been, a solid NHL defenseman when he is healthy. His problem is that he plays when he's hurt, and his effectiveness is diminished, and fans say he stinks. But if he doesn't play when he's hurt, fans call him a pansy. Such is the conundrum of Andrew Ference.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Yes, he has played pretty much with an injury in his whole career. The guy is almost never at a 100% health wise, but I rarely see the guy take a night off. He makes mistakes like anyone else, but because he's not a big name they rarely get over-looked!
    I believe it was PBergeron who gave the B's record when he's in the lineup, compared to not. He maybe only a 5 or 6 on the depth chart, but his work ethic & dedication is off the charts! Is he making too much money? Maybe; but at least right now he's not making costly mistakes. The Dennis & Mat boo, boo that caused the goal? How much money was involved in throwing away that puck, between the 2 of them? 4-5 mill?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Relax Fletcher....people constantly disagree on these boards, not what anyone is saying here; the fact that calling people names ("dumb") as if their 8 yrs old is all I am trying to say here....comments like yours & BookBoy is the reason why people decide to stop commenting all together on these boards; unfortuantely they have educated hockey minds & excellent opinions.   I've agreed w/ you in the past, and you actually opened my eyes the other day on the Briere scenario, but this past comment in uncalled for... Comment away, I AM NOT saying people shouldnt comment on others' opinions, just dont state that someone else's opinion is stupid-dumb-whatever, its classless, and reflects maturity.
    Posted by yep123[/QUOTE]

Okay.  I'm not in favor of the childish name-calling either and I'm not trying to give you a hard time.  In fact, outside of a little sarcasm I try not to insult anyone (except the obvious trolls)

Your post about Bookboy just sounded like kind of a threat to rip on his posts in the future, which made me chuckle because, when does anybody on these boards hold back from ripping on each other?  It just seemed redundant, that's all.  I'm sure Bookboy expects to be called out if he writes something dumb, as do I, and it has happended before for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Relax Fletcher....people constantly disagree on these boards, not what anyone is saying here; the fact that calling people names ("dumb") as if their 8 yrs old is all I am trying to say here....comments like yours & BookBoy is the reason why people decide to stop commenting all together on these boards; unfortuantely they have educated hockey minds & excellent opinions.   I've agreed w/ you in the past, and you actually opened my eyes the other day on the Briere scenario, but this past comment in uncalled for...

Comment away, I AM NOT saying people shouldnt comment on others' opinions, just dont state that someone else's opinion is stupid-dumb-whatever, its classless, and reflects maturity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]  I gave Ference a star for last night game he was everywhere!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Last night he was the top Bruin on the ice.  He might not have been the best player, but he was the best Bruin.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

+ 2 (+/-) with 22:24 TOI tonight Vs the Rangers for Andrew. Last 5 games +5 averging about 22Mins TOI not flashy but gets the job done!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That damn Andrew Ference again what terrible player never sticks up for his teamates he's brutal. Plus- 16 18 TOI average Trade him LoL! Tongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

First star of the night for standing up for Lucic the way he did!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]He showed some real CHARACTER last night...good for him. Maybe the 6'9" monster with the "C" could learn some LEADERSHIP skills from a guy with his HEART. Ference is a solid 5-6 Dman - about 500k less, and he wouldn't get half the grief thrown his way -
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

You better come on tonight and comment as you've been waiting to see this from the Bruins for a long time. 
    Ference spoke out and rallied the team  BUT the way he stuck for Lucic tonight I have a new grown respect for him.  Always liked the guy and defended him . I didn't think he'de be back this season , koodos to Ference. He wants to be a Bruin.
    Funny how the last time teamates stuck up for each other was when the Stars gave Lucic a cheapshot and tonight it all started with another cheapshot on our top goal scorer, Lucic .
    Guess who was on the ice ? Savard and he also stuck up for Lucic once again.
    This is what the rest of the team has to see , play and stick up for each other.
    What got me sick was those Thrashers fighting with visors. The NHL must do something about that.  Sick !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ferrence took care of his teamate tonight ! ! ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013